Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 2:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Converting from Sims Medieval to Sims 3
Hi there, just started playing Sims Medieval the other day and I noticed a surprising amount of male hair and facial hair, vastly more than I have ever seen in Sims 3, even with all of the expansions that I have. The only problem is that Sims Medieval is pretty watered down and I want these better options for my male sims in Sims 3. I've searched high and low for any guidance on converting material but I've been rather unsuccessful. I've found how to convert Sims 3 objects to Medieval, and I even found a small guide of converting Medieval objects to Sims 2 for some reason, but that's not what I was looking for at all.

I don't expect a handout of information or for anybody to do any substantial amount of work for me as I'm more than capable of handling the mesh/texture work, I've done things like that in the past. I just need some brief guidance of the best path to ripping objects/textures from Medieval and starting to convert them over to Sims 3. I'm assuming after I rip the textures and models it would just be a matter of converting them to the Sims 3 format, or perhaps they wouldn't need converting at all because it looks like Medieval is using the Sims 3 engine.

I'm not sure of the legality of this, converting data from one game to another, but I don't intend to publicly release anything that comes out of my tinkering here, it'll just be for myself.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 3:00 AM
Hummm basically, you are saying that you haven't found a program that would extract meshes and textures from The Sims Medieval? That would be quite interesting...I do own that game, but I stopped playing. I didn't like it.

EDIT : Apparently, S3PE would be able to extract for you....I personally never tried.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 5:31 AM
Whoops, guess I should've mentioned that I've been toying with S3PE for the past couple of hours. It does seem to open the data file with the textures/models in it, but it shows an error in the sidebar. If something can be done with the program, there must be some documentation for it somewhere. I'll keep researching. Thanks for the reply.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 9:03 PM
Anubis has some conversions, maybe you can ask her/him?

http://anubis360.blogspot.ca/2011/0...long-braid.html
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Anubis has some conversions, maybe you can ask her/him?

http://anubis360.blogspot.ca/2011/0...long-braid.html

Anubis quit modding completely a few months ago. A real shame...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 10:48 PM
I don't know if you would just rather do it yourself, or if TSM beards are vastly different, but there was a lot of medieval stuff created for a TS3 challenge while back, one of which were these.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 11:53 PM
Yes, Anubis officially quit modding both TS3 and TS4 at the beginning of this year. He announced it on his site on January 31, but he was previously MIA since his last creation was uploaded on October 14, 2014.

However, his site's still up and working, so all his stuff's still available!

(And, yes, Anubis is a guy. Besides occasionally-but-consistently referring to himself by male pronouns, he once posted a credible selfie on Tumblr.)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Admiranda
Yes, Anubis officially quit modding both TS3 and TS4 at the beginning of this year. He announced it on his site on January 31, but he was previously MIA since his last creation was uploaded on October 14, 2014.

However, his site's still up and working, so all his stuff's still available!

(And, yes, Anubis is a guy. Besides occasionally-but-consistently referring to himself by male pronouns, he once posted a credible selfie on Tumblr.)

That's a shame. I like a lot of his hairs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 11:13 PM
Well here's the goatee that I really wanted to port over. There's more that I want port but this is the main one.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 3:38 PM
That goatee is already converted: http://omegassims3stuff.blogspot.se...d-wstubble.html