Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:36 PM
Default Limo in inventory?
Today I found out in one of my favorite sim's inventory, I found about 8 limo. It is similar to driving a car to a community lot, the car would stay in your inventory. In this case, I am able to click on one of the any limo to "go shopping", "work", or "go to community lot". However, I am unable to drag the limo out to place it, or sell it. I even tried to remove the Drivable car (where you can buy your own limo) but that does not seem to help.

How do I get these 8 limo out of my inventory?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:37 PM
Now it grows to 12 limo
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 4:49 AM
My be a glitch. I dont know that career you need to get a limo.
(cop gets a company car, so depends on what career you have
where you might get the limo)
It is either a bug, or maybe you are driving another car to work,
and your company sends you home in a limo.
Since you did not need it that day, perhaps the game thinks you "need"
a new one , and gives you yet another one.

"It is not that you will go mad.
It is that you will beg for madness." - Volrath
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mentica
My be a glitch. I dont know that career you need to get a limo.
(cop gets a company car, so depends on what career you have
where you might get the limo)
It is either a bug, or maybe you are driving another car to work,
and your company sends you home in a limo.
Since you did not need it that day, perhaps the game thinks you "need"
a new one , and gives you yet another one.

im pretty sure business career gets a limo. probably also high enough in the music career. not sure about the others.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:56 AM
Well, to get them out...Click and drag them (In the inventory section) to the box that has a simoleon symbol underneath the Cell Phone.

That should sell them.

I know you said that you can't sell it, but can't be too sure

I don't really f**k with Africa, cause people are starving to death and that's not baller to me...-Dave Chappelle (Chappelle's Show, Cribs Sketch)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 7:19 PM
Might be the 'stuck inventory' bug. If you use awesomemod you can do a 'purgeinventory' via the cheat console after you move all inventories you want to keep or 'towderelicts' to remove NPC vehicles roaming around your town, cos they accumulate and are not purged properly.

If you don't use awesomemod, there might be a stand-alone mod that does this (not sure)....do a search
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdossantos047
Well, to get them out...Click and drag them (In the inventory section) to the box that has a simoleon symbol underneath the Cell Phone.

That should sell them.

I know you said that you can't sell it, but can't be too sure

That is the first thing I tried. I can sell my laptop, and some random book that I have, but limo won't sell.

And no, I tried changing jobs but that does not work either. I went jobless, and went into Spa receptionist, I still have 12 limo.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 1:59 AM
The stand-alone limo flusher mod is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,16180.0.html
If you don`t have awsomemod or any mod that saves the inventory when you change families you can try to do that. If you do you can try to remove the mod and change family.
I never heard about your problem before and have no idea if this will help. If nothing else works you can maybe try moving the sim out and back. Good luck.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Might be the 'stuck inventory' bug. If you use awesomemod you can do a 'purgeinventory' via the cheat console after you move all inventories you want to keep or 'towderelicts' to remove NPC vehicles roaming around your town, cos they accumulate and are not purged properly.

If you don't use awesomemod, there might be a stand-alone mod that does this (not sure)....do a search

YES! purgeinventory works like a charm. At least so far so good. I have saved and it didn't complain. Now I will see if it will load ok. Now that it comes to my attention, do you guys ever notice the business partnership deeds never stay in inventory for long? For this sim, I did become partner of all own business in town, from Spa to restaurants, and I now remember they are no longer there. Only 1 laptop, and 12 limo (hopefully gone permanantly after this purge).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:22 PM
This has been addressed by a mod also. Maybe read through the manual for AwesomeMod to see if it's there. I also searched MTS but haven't found it as yet.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 1:06 PM
Wow , thats lucky for all of you , my sims he is a power broker but he was pickup by Margaret Vaguester instead of Limousine, anybody know about this problem?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:55 PM
Maybe for the limo you need the large parking space like for the fire truck

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 6:13 PM
How do you get career vehicles? I skipped to Guitarist on the Rock music career by boolpropping the mailbox, and i got no limo
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaterWolf
How do you get career vehicles? I skipped to Guitarist on the Rock music career by boolpropping the mailbox, and i got no limo

my rock star didn't get a limo until he was a 3 star celeb.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#15 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 5:42 AM
Please keep in mind that this is an old thread about a bug where the Carpool vehicles ended up in your family inventory. There are only two careers that I know of that will hand out a car as a promotion reward: Law Enforcement (a police car) and Private Investigator (a Yomoshoto Evasion).
The Limo is the car that picks you up for work, and the Carpool vehicle for Super Brokers IS a Margaret Vaguester. Limos are too slow for that kind of people. Time is money, you know.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Please keep in mind that this is an old thread about a bug where the Carpool vehicles ended up in your family inventory. There are only two careers that I know of that will hand out a car as a promotion reward: Law Enforcement (a police car) and Private Investigator (a Yomoshoto Evasion).
The Limo is the car that picks you up for work, and the Carpool vehicle for Super Brokers IS a Margaret Vaguester. Limos are too slow for that kind of people. Time is money, you know.

what does it mean Limo is for the car who pick you up to work?? isnt that vehicle was the carpool vehicle
#17 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 3:58 PM Last edited by babele44 : 25th Nov 2010 at 4:09 PM.
Exactly, that's what I meant. The big black limousine is one of those vehicles that come to your house like a taxi, take you to work and back home again. And some posters here seemed to imply that you will actually own one, as soon as you reach the top of a career. But if you find one of these in your inventories this is a bug.
And not every career will have the Limo as its top carpool vehicle. The Super Broker will be picked up by the Vaguester, the Astronaut by the Olfa, the News Anchor Man by the small black limousine, f. ex.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Exactly, that's what I meant. The big black limousine is one of those vehicles that come to your house like a taxi, take you to work and back home again. And some posters here seemed to imply that you will actually own one, as soon as you reach the top of a career. But if you find one of these on your inventories this is a bug.

Well if you can't own a Limo, what's the big parking space for?

"Just like to say, good luck, we're all counting on you" - R.I.P Leslie Nelsen <3

Check out my creations here ^^
#19 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 4:12 PM
The Fire Engine. Nothing else AFAIK