Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:26 PM Last edited by elooocin : 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:38 PM.
Default Bars close way too early!
Does anyone else hate that the bars & clubs close so early? They should stay open until at least sunrise - psh! Plus my sims who work late never seem to have time to go party, by the time my chick gets off work at 9, takes the long trip across town to where she has a want to go, fulfills some needs, she barely has time for one drink before 2 am. It sucks :/

Anyone else agree? Disagree?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:39 PM
Tell me about it. Those timings need to be relaxed. It's also very irritating when the clock hits 2AM, and you have to wait with all these people lined up at the elevator.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:49 PM
You got to feel sorry for EA with this. Players ask for more realism so they make bars close at 2am - a standard law in the US for alcohol. Yet suddenly realism is out the door and the bars should stay open. I wonder if EA ever feels like banging their heads against the wall.

Anyway, I'm sure some mods will come out to adjust the bar opening and closing times. My sims start work at 1pm so why shouldn't they stay out and party all night until the sun comes up? I mean underground clubs do it all the time, right? And there's no actual "alcohol" in the game it's all "nectar" and you can stay in a bar after 2am if you aren't drinking alcohol... right? Sounds like Prohibition... I think we need some mobster sims.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:02 PM
Mods are out for making the bar closing times at a later time and also a fix for the long waits at elevators. I made them. Unlike NekoCat, I want my Partying Sims to be able to party all night. This is a game, not real life.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:30 PM
Carrigon has a mod for this issue,
http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewto...60007cffa56162a
i'm not sure, but if posting links on this forum is a no no, then please remove it.
then i will know what not to do the next time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:34 PM
@NekoCat - LOL oh yes, EA makes realistic games -Vampires, gaining most your celeb status in 1 night for simply talking to a celeb, being an epic mixologist in only a couple nights, lolol! I agree with bluegenjutsu - this is a game not real life But yeah, I agree with you about sims working odd hours so PSH yes they should stay out all night like crazy people ... and now that you mentioned Prohibitionm ...

I so want to make a bar using WA hidden door stuff to make a private secret bar :O Be fun!

@Mishy - thank you so much for that link! *runs to snag it up*
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:37 PM
i didnt really tried it myself yet...but i will.
anyways, you're wellcome!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:10 PM
Ooh cool, thanks for telling about this mod Mishy ! I wish someone in the future will also make a mod so the Bouncers wont say no to anyone - then we'd have a lot people in the clubs, bars etc.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:35 PM
Lol, I wasn't saying it should echo real life, just that I keep seeing threads about people saying the Sims isn't real enough and it must drive EA crazy trying to keep up with all that. Besides, undergroud clubs do exist and serve alcohol whenever they want so why couldn't they have done that in the game as well? Okay, I can think of a reason... someone would complain about the link to drinking and 24hr bars and EA could get sued and all that. The usual boring stuff.

Doesn't matter, really, because mods fix whatever we want to change anyway (for the most part.) I will be installing one, btw, after all, what's the point of sleeping until noon everyday if you stayed home the previous evening?

I'd like to have hidden bars, too. It would be fun. And a chance that you could get arrested for going to them. Or the Paparazzi tarnish your name. Or if its a particularly cool hidden bar you gain star points faster.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Ooh cool, thanks for telling about this mod Mishy ! I wish someone in the future will also make a mod so the Bouncers wont say no to anyone - then we'd have a lot people in the clubs, bars etc.

Read the in-game Lessons about Bouncers and their rope.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 4:54 AM
Yes the bars close at 2 am here, but they open at 10 AM and are closed period on sunday. I could deal with a 10 am open in game, and no sunday drinking except at home.
Inventor
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 9:16 AM
Late Night : bars schedules mod by Thuka:
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424054

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:22 PM
i don't know if it's just me but i feel that the time is really fast... my sims lives in the far side of the island.. it took me 2-3 hours just to get to the bar... i got my sims out of the house at 5pm they arrive at the building at 8pm then pass the bouncer at 11pm because im stuck in the elevator. my sims have to go to the bath room but the there was another sim inside. the sims inside the CR came out at 1am.. and all of the sims are starting to head out the elevator. i was about to enter the CR but the bar tender said its "closing time" and my actions are canceled. its 4am and my sim is still stuck in the building... all the stats are in red alert, hunger,bladder,energy and happiness. i decided to go home but its to late my sims peed his paths and his hygiene drop with "ashamed " , "stressed" , "exhausted" , "hungry" moodlets and a wish to move to a uprise house...

i wish they could make the time slower when visiting the bar or club or make the bladder and slower just like in WA.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 4:02 PM
The developers could've just let players set their own opening and closing times...?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hhunterr
i don't know if it's just me but i feel that the time is really fast... my sims lives in the far side of the island.. it took me 2-3 hours just to get to the bar... i got my sims out of the house at 5pm they arrive at the building at 8pm then pass the bouncer at 11pm because im stuck in the elevator. my sims have to go to the bath room but the there was another sim inside. the sims inside the CR came out at 1am.. and all of the sims are starting to head out the elevator. i was about to enter the CR but the bar tender said its "closing time" and my actions are canceled. its 4am and my sim is still stuck in the building... all the stats are in red alert, hunger,bladder,energy and happiness. i decided to go home but its to late my sims peed his paths and his hygiene drop with "ashamed " , "stressed" , "exhausted" , "hungry" moodlets and a wish to move to a uprise house...

i wish they could make the time slower when visiting the bar or club or make the bladder and slower just like in WA.

This is one of those times with the "teleportation" cheat comes in REALLY handy! My Sim lives on the other side of town too, and having him go through the subway system and take forever to get from one place to another as driving me nuts. Now he just teleports everywhere.
Banned
#16 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hhunterr

Haven't tested this myself, but I know if you get one of the Meditation achievements, and have a level 10 Martial Arts, if you meditate for a few minutes, you'll be able to teleport to a certain spot. No need for a cheat. Also, isn't there a teleportation pad or something, as a lifetime wish?? Just shooting out some ideas for you, hhunter.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candyapplegirl
This is one of those times with the "teleportation" cheat comes in REALLY handy! My Sim lives on the other side of town too, and having him go through the subway system and take forever to get from one place to another as driving me nuts. Now he just teleports everywhere.

My sims teleport everywhere too, without it it takes them an hour just to ride the elevator up to the club.

It's very annoying that after closing time the sims are forced to wait for the elevator to exit the building instead of just teleporting out.
Scholar
#18 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 5:14 AM Last edited by suzetter : 6th Nov 2010 at 7:46 PM. Reason: typos
I tried Twallan's Relativity Mod and that slows down the clock. Everything happens at the same speed but instead of taking an hour on the clock to go downstairs it now takes minutes. Also, when your Sim goes to the clubs they don't spend as much time on getting there so your sims has time to -- dance, play, drink, and romance someone before the bar closes.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Inventor
#19 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
I tried Twallan's Relativity Mod and that slows down the clock. Eveythuing happens at the same speed but instead of taking an hour on the clok to go downstairs it now takes minutes. Also, when your Sim goes to the clubs they don't spend as much time on getting there so your sims hads time to -- dance, play, romance, drink, and romance someone before the bar closes.

This sounds awesome. Is this mod available on this site?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 4:09 AM
No it's available here http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...0af&board=105.0

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Eminence Grise
#21 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babaji_mendez
The developers could've just let players set their own opening and closing times...?

They did, by putting these settings in an XML resource that anybody can edit
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoCat
You got to feel sorry for EA with this. Players ask for more realism so they make bars close at 2am - a standard law in the US for alcohol. Yet suddenly realism is out the door and the bars should stay open.

Besisdes the vamps, in europe they don't close that early. Stop acting like it's all about you americans :P. Cheers mate
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 6:25 PM
Try using Twallan's time relativity mod. I have it so time runs normally during daytime and sleeping, but slow it down to 10 at night. That way sims can get to bars faster and do more things in the same amount of time.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#24 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 12:54 AM
I think the problem is not that bars close on American time, really, but that time in the Sims passes 60x faster while sims are not capable of actually moving proportionally faster to compensate, even with a lot of frameskipping in the animations.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:47 AM
I read the installation on Twallan's mod and I feel like an idiot as it all seems like gobbledegook to me. I was hoping there'd be a "bar's stay open only 12 hours" mod but I'm still searching.
Page 1 of 2