Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 1:15 PM
Default do vampire kids get the same effects as adult vamps?
my sim little girls father isa vamp and she looks like him yet sun etc isnt affecting her? or isnt getting any sing she is one? except around her icon panel is red
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:13 PM
Well, I've only played one family so far (single mother who became a vampire shortly before she got pregnant) but the boy in question was born a vampire, as I understand it. He doesn't get any of the vampire moodlets, but he does drink plasma juice, and he learns skills fast as lightening. (He's a teen now, and has maxed out 6 or 7 skills). Same goes for the homework. There are black bats flying around the progress bar. However, he doesn't have super speed, and I don't think he can read minds etc. I'm waiting to see if he gets that once he ages into an adult.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:24 PM
^what Atropa said; vamp kids only have the ability to skill faster and eat plasma without getting sick. They get all vamp abilities when they turn into adults.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 3:01 AM
Limited vampire powers start to kick in around puberty. A Sim only becomes a full-fledged vampire when they reach proper adulthood.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 6:55 PM
@ Hedoren: So do vampire teens actually have any special powers? Couldn't detect any so far.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:12 AM
Vampire children gain the bat buff (bats flying over your head) for homework, and once they can learn skills they learn them at near-instant speed. (1-10 Athletic and Martial arts in 45 seconds or so). The super speed skilling seems to be a bug, because once its in your household it will randomly infect another vampire sim and they will super speed skill for a while.

The children can always eat/drink vampire only things and not puke, but are not injured by sunlight until young adult.
#7 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:52 AM
Default On vampires
*somehow* (cough) my butler became a vampire and she made plasma fruit pancakes for the non-vamp family ... result? Puke-fest :s ..