Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 7:30 PM
Default Phantom former butler still living in my house
I'm going to try to explain this without confusing the hell out of everyone...

My butler burnt my entire kitchen down during a cooking accident so I fired him. Then I hire a new butler. The new butler will not sleep in his bed. After doing a little investigating I realize the bed is still set as ther former butler's bed and I can't unselect it. I have the following options on the bed

"sleep in burts bed" (former butler)
"set as butler jaymes bed" (current)

When I select "set as jaymes" nothing happens and I still get the same options.

Then I notice that the old butler is still sleeping in the bed but hes invisible now! Not only does he sleep in his old bed but cooks and cleans still. At first I thought I had a ghost in the house, but when I click the former butlers pic in the realtionship panel it goes to the invisible lump in the bed. I've tried moving off the lot and moving back in, deleting and replacing every bed in the house but with no luck.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 7:59 PM
Just fire the new butler and keep the old invisible butler. Invisibutler is cooler than regular butler anyway.
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:30 PM
That's not a ghost... That there is a demi-lich. XD

Maybe Twallan's MasterController would work to reset the sim, either returning it to visibility or completely removing the ghost. Or if you can't find the sim to click on then MasterController -> Town -> Reset Everything.
Banned
#4 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:46 PM
If that doesn't work, try using Twallans MasterController to "Annihilate" the butler, which would completely remove him from existence! I had a similar problem. My butler turned into a mummy (funny right? lol) and so I fired him. But he ended up just disappearing completely. I used Twallans mod to "Add Sim To Household". I added my Butler to the house, clicked on his picture, and he was actually in the town. I found him, cured him, and now he lives in my town! (Just got married too lol) Seems butlers have some work coming to them in the next patch. But Twallans MasterController would probably be the answer here. Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thejester39
Seems butlers have some work coming to them in the next patch.

No doubt. I just downloaded the master controller. I'll update you guys after I try it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 2:36 AM
I can't seem to find an "annihilate" option in twallan's mod. Where is it located? A total reset didn't work. I've removed the door to a small room he's currently located in. I'm hoping he will just starve to death. How many days does that take anyway?
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 5:16 AM
Might be the DebugEnabler, another Twallan mod
Banned
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 6:49 AM
I believe it's in the Advanced options of Twallans Master Controller. Also, if you want to kill off a sim, via starvation, the best method, (in my opinion) is to use testingcheatsenabled true. It will allow you to move the Needs slider, filling, or draining a certain Need. Simply slide Hunger all the way to the left so it is completely empty. The Sim will die instantly. You should take note, if you do that, you may have a ghost on your lot. Not too sure how that works though, so maybe you won't.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:54 AM
Master Controller -> Advanced -> Force Kill is the one I'd use.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Banned
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 7:42 PM
You could also use the one Shimrod101 mentioned, as well. It will actually keep them around as ghosts in the game. (Giving them a tombstone and all) Total Annihilation is in the same Menu where you'll find Force Kill as well. TA is basically just completely deleting the Sim from existence.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:05 PM
I downloaded an old version of the controller by mistake. With the new one I was able to force kill him. Now I can set the bed for my new Butler! Thanks for the help guys.

BTW- the master controller is totally AWESOME!
Banned
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 3:37 AM
Glad to hear that your problem was resolved!! And I agree, Twallans Master Controller is a MUST!!! Twallans got the best mods around, in my opinion.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
That's not a ghost... That there is a demi-lich. XD

Maybe Twallan's MasterController would work to reset the sim, either returning it to visibility or completely removing the ghost. Or if you can't find the sim to click on then MasterController -> Town -> Reset Everything.

Now where exactly is the "Town / Reset Everything" option to be found ?

I cannot find it anywhere in any of the MasterController menus...
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theagg
Now where exactly is the "Town / Reset Everything" option to be found ?

I cannot find it anywhere in any of the MasterController menus...

Ahh, I have worked it out...you have to click on the city hall !

Sorted
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:07 AM
What I did to remove my phantom butler was use "Hunt" on one of my vampires so the invisible butler would show up on map view. I then used the thing for him on map view to force kill him with master controller.