Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 2:22 AM
Default Can you own bars in late night?
Something like owning one in Open for Busines, that kind a thing?
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 2:50 AM
You can own them the same way you can own any venue since the Ambitions patch. In fact, the Mixology LTW requires owning a bar as well as maxing the Mixology skill.

You can't run them like you could in OFB, though... although, again, if you have a high enough level of the Mixology skill, you can "moonlight" as a bartender there if you want.
Banned
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 3:36 AM
You can own, or build your very own bar! I bought the piece of land near the "beach" (by the Hospital) in Bridgeport, and built a really cool bar! I get to come and go as I please, and it takes in money just like any other venue does!! I also bought the Sports Zone Bar as well. So in short, YES!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 10:19 AM
Owning a LN locations has an advantage over owning any of the rabbit holes in that collecting the cash just involves your sim turning up on the lot - none of that disappearing inside for an hour at each venue. This is a godsend if you own a lot of venues.

That said, even if you own a venue your sim will still get opportunities from the "owner" such as buying a drink at the bar or dancing there. I know this has been the case with the rabbitholes too - I really don't understand why the program's logic can't recognise that a location is owned by the active family and adjust opportunities accordingly (although I can see how fixing other bugs should be higher on EA's to-do list).
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gromdal
Something like owning one in Open for Busines, that kind a thing?

Almost, but far simpler.

You don't manage the workers, they just spawned automatically. The profit is also not depend on how much visitors came and buy the drink, instead already fixed each week, depend on the lot value.

But your sims can became a bartender if he develop mixology skill. It feel like running a business or bar by yourself, the feeling a bit like playing OFB.....a bit.

I miss OFB and I doubt EA will release OFB themed EP. Because actually EA already implementing a simpler version of OFB by allowing sims to buy community lot and earn money. Just like those simpler celebrity gameplay in LN comparing with Superstar EP. And simpler hobby mechanism by integrating it to sims traits.

I like open world, but I also hope for more complex gameplay for Superstar and OFB. The same revolution and improvement like those open world feature. What is wrong with EA designer team? We are so disconnected, but they always keep repeating that they hearing our voices.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 10:32 AM
Default No Bartender in my sims club
My sims own a bar but there is no bartender?????
How do you get a bartender or Mixologist to tend the bar?
How do you serve drinks to sims in the club. I have no bartender in my club
Help
Thank you in advance

Faith Is The Substance Of Things Hoped For
The Evidence Of Things Not yet the Seen
And the belief in The Lord Jesus Christ
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 12:50 PM
Bartenders NPCs appear automatically in venues/bars. You can't appoint a Sim to act as a bartender unless it is a Sim you actively playing in a house/family. So, either you wait for the game to spawn a bartender, who will then serve drinks to the customers, or send one of your Mixologist Sims to do it by clicking "moonlight".
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 1:39 PM Last edited by jaylin43 : 24th Nov 2010 at 2:50 PM.
Thank you
I went back to my sims bar and the bartenders were there but they were not serving any drinks they were just standing around talking. I have the right bars.
Also I read on another post that you need two bars for Mixoligist to work . Is that true.

Also how do you send your mixoligst to work
My sims hired one whe he was home but it did not give the option moonlight. Does my sim have to get to know him first?

Thank you for answering me back.

when I tell my sim to practice making drinks he jumps away from the bar
the reg bar and the proffessional one ......
Why is that
He can make drinks but he can practice . This is strange.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 2:46 PM
I have a problem
Whern I tell my sim to practice making drinks, He goes to the bar and then he moves away...... why Is this happening,
He can make reg drinks with no problem, but as soon as I tell him to pratice making the drinks it seems like he jumps back away from the bar,
What gives I am really lost now. Why can;t he pratice.
Help

Eminence Grise
#10 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 3:13 AM
jaylin43, no need to make an additional post with the same question

You don't need two bars to get a mixologist.

You don't send a mixologist you hired on the phone. The professional bar object should spawn an NPC mixologist without your doing anything, if it's placed on a community lot.

"Moonlight" is an option a CONTROLLED sim with enough mixology skill should have when clicking on a bar in a bar venue.

As for your sim jumping back, that sounds like a bug, most likely due to a custom content conflict. I would check out the FAQs in our Help section; if you can't find a solution there, you'll find a link to the Help forum at the bottom of the main Help page.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
I like open world, but I also hope for more complex gameplay for Superstar and OFB. The same revolution and improvement like those open world feature. What is wrong with EA designer team? We are so disconnected, but they always keep repeating that they hearing our voices.

Do you ever feel as if EA is going more toward macro than micro with Sims 3? Sometimes I get this Sim City deja vu. Sims 3 seems to be somewhere between the two at times. I guess watching the little map tags move around with Twallan's mod has really made me think about this.