Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:08 AM
Default I was curious about awesomemod...
I'm thinking about installing Awesomemod for the Sims 3 to my game, but am curious about things...
A lot of the features really interest me and I really want to download it, but I'm kind of afraid. I have a lot of gay sims and I heard that awesomemod doesn't allow same-sex relationships or romantic interactions between sims of the same sex. I also heard it is impossible to delete which, quite frankly, frightens me a little just in case I don't like it. I know it's a core mod but is it a .package file, that can be easily deleted? I tried learning more about possible risks and stuff by reading the manual online but I didn't find it entirely helpful when it came to uninstalling and possible risks and stuff of that matter. I know there are forums on the awesomemod website, but I'm kind of intimidated by the posters and thought it would be a bit more friendly here. Any info would be great! Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajchinchic
I have a lot of gay sims and I heard that awesomemod doesn't allow same-sex relationships or romantic interactions between sims of the same sex.
Not true at all.
Quote:
I also heard it is impossible to delete which, quite frankly, frightens me a little just in case I don't like it. I know it's a core mod but is it a .package file, that can be easily deleted?
It's a package file, but if you take it out, any saves that have used AM will be unplayable.
Quote:
I know there are forums on the awesomemod website, but I'm kind of intimidated by the posters and thought it would be a bit more friendly here. Any info would be great! Thank you!
Good self-preservation instinct on your part. MATYzens aren't always the most... tolerant people. In any case, go right ahead if you wish to install Awesomemod. Any features that you may not like can be toggled on or off in the config file. A lot of it consists of bug fixes, which can prevent major borkination of your game. Information on AM can be found by reading and searching threads at MATY.

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:24 AM
Thank you so much for your help. It sounds a lot less scary to install/uninstall now haha.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:32 AM
If you're worried about posting there - which I totally understand! - then make sure you read around loads and search for things you want to ask. They will eat you alive if you don't! But just beware that individual creators support their own work, so if you do encounter any problems (which I'm sure you won't) you will need to check over at MATY.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: referred to MATY