Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:08 PM Last edited by TheJessaChannel : 6th Apr 2018 at 6:09 PM.
Default Have you guys seen these free Sims 2 Prima guides from Archive.org?
You can even download them! Looks like there's everything from the Base Game to Bon Voyage. You can download them in a variety of formats - like for your kindle or epub reader, as well as PDF.

Enjoy!

https://archive.org/details/The_Sim...uide_PrimaGames

Edit: Looks like this was posted in The "Look at This Awesome Thing I Found!" thread. Whoops. (In my defense, I *did* search for "Prima Guide Archive" first.)

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:08 PM
Thanks Jessa. That's okay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:12 PM
That was still something awesome you found after all.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#4 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:19 AM
Is readin the guides actually useful? (askin seriously not flippantly)

I had always thought that the guides wouldn't be of much actual usage. Then after I opened this post a thought occurred to me that maybe if I read them I might find out some stuff that I could do that I'd never of thought of and am missin out on doin.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Simonut : 7th Apr 2018 at 2:58 AM.
Thank you Jessa for this find it's good to know, I always made it a habit that when I first started playing the Sims 2 game, I would always buy the Prima Guide with each EPs, so I have all up to Freetime.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:45 AM
There was a Prima Guide (or an extract from one) about Body Shop on the official site. I got very little chance to use the official site, because I bought my game in November 2012, and the site closed on 14th January 2013, but in the few weeks between buying the game and actually starting it up (on 30th November), I read that Guide, and it taught me how to do simple recolours and alpha edits to clothing. The result was that by the time that my first Sim (Andrew Jones of course) came into the world on 30th November 2012, he was already wearing a pair of underpants I'd made for him. I've been using that basic knowledge of Body Shop ever since. So, yes, I reckon that reading the Prima Guides can be useful.

Thanks Jessa! I'll have a look at them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 9:01 PM
Reading the official prima guides is really interesting, but do keep in mind some of the info in the guides is incorrect! Strange, since they're supposed to be "official" but maybe they were written before the games were finalized. Who knows. It's a good idea to check the sims wikia for more accurate info.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 9:52 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 7th Apr 2018 at 11:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Is readin the guides actually useful? (askin seriously not flippantly)

I had always thought that the guides wouldn't be of much actual usage. Then after I opened this post a thought occurred to me that maybe if I read them I might find out some stuff that I could do that I'd never of thought of and am missin out on doin.

There is some useful information in them, but inbetween some inaccurate information (to get them released at the same time as the game, Prima Guides are written based on an earlier build of the game -- and some developers do a lot of last-minute tweaks) and modding, not all of it might apply to your game.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 1:26 AM
If I remember correctly, they were published at about the same time each EP was released, so the information there was obviously based on the pre-final version of the game.

I do dip into them occasionally, as sometimes they remind me of aspects of the game that I haven't played for a while and prompt me to go off and explore those scenarios. Plus they're also helpful as a reminder of which objects/outfits/hairs got introduced when. (Between a 2560x1440 screen and lousy eyesight I really can't tell the EP icons in the catalog apart nowadays.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
Reading the official prima guides is really interesting, but do keep in mind some of the info in the guides is incorrect! Strange, since they're supposed to be "official" but maybe they were written before the games were finalized. Who knows. It's a good idea to check the sims wikia for more accurate info.

At the time, we were told the Prima Guides were written about 6 months or more before the release of the relevant EP - hence stuff got changed and they are inaccurate for some things.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc