Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#26 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dojan5
Yes though, it is hard to find sims that look, normal at least. They all look like they've been exposed to radiation and become mutated.
Considering that this is the town for the expansion that showcases robots, explosions, and unethical medical experimentation, this is probably an intentional thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Advertisement
Instructor
#28 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 6:57 AM
well im still getting the hang of the town and so far im kinda liking the environment and all, the thing i don't like is when you look in world view the map is vast but you can't walk or go there, i would love if they made it inhabitable and made a few houses and such, especially on the small islands surrounding the town. Another thing that i didn't like is why do all the sims have tattoos it just feels weird but so far its nice.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 5:40 AM Last edited by MissLynn22 : 13th Jul 2010 at 2:16 AM.
I'd love to play Twinbrook, but for some reason it won't load all the way. I'll say it probably gets 98% loaded on the Welcome to Twinbrook screen and then it just kind of gives up, but as far as my computer is concerned the program is still running and working the way it should.

EDIT: I finally got Twinbrook to work! I noticed a definite Harry Potter connection with it. Not really the landscape, but the names. There are at least 5 names (if not more) from Harry Potter, it's awesome.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 5:51 PM Last edited by SommarBlomma : 21st Jan 2011 at 12:42 AM.
I like Twinbrook, because it has a character, a special atmosphere. In SV, everything is too bright, too colorful, and too cartoonish. Such green grass doesn't exist.

Twinbrook looks like not a very good place to live (it is wet, hot, misty, and definitely has some ecological problems, plus many sims look really like mutants or inbred), but at least they made it realistic, not like painted by a child with colored pencils. And it is kinda fun to play there. The swamps are foggy, I moved one of the sims I created there, and could not even see where to go (I wanted to get her to the town centre) untill I switched to the map view. But that place has its own charm. Some community lots are open, that is good, too.

What I dislike is that it is impossible to place lots by the road, and there's no place for bigger lots once I need them. Too many ugly people (maybe, it is done with iintention, to show that the town has ecological problems), too many people with tatoos (I don't mind tatoos, but why should almost everyone have them).

I have thrown some not-so-fugly sims into the town, and am giving makovers to the premade ones, if there's any slightest chance to make them look normal (some turn out rather pretty, not all sims are fugly there). It is a sort of challenge. Some houses also need makeover, but I must admit they are ok outside and inside in most cases, and I don't feel like changing them much. Maybe, I 'll change the interior of Anne Bull's house, its walls are painted in a crazy way (reminds me of the kindergarten I attended as a little child).
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 11:14 PM
Thinking of Twinbrook as a swampy Strangetown makes me like it even more. I've always loved the paranormal aspects of the sims(and the humorous, too--does anyone else miss the grilled cheese aspiration?), so I loved it right away.

I really dislike the inhabitants, though. Not only do they look like they were scraped off the bottom of the gene pool, their back-stories are yawn inspiring. Where's the weirdness? I admit I've been systematically picking off the worst instead of deleting them, since the graveyard is empty and you can never have too many ghosts in a town like this.

I also get really annoyed by the lack of empty lots. Then again, as Srikandi said, the game runs slower.

So, as a neighborhood I love it. EP1 and 2 had neighborhoods with a lot of character and impressive detail, I think.
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 9:44 AM
The most liked thing was the swampy area, the fog...Just love the Twinbrook!!!

medical transcription job description
Inventor
#33 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:09 AM
Is there any way to turn the fog effect off?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 2:33 PM
Twinbrook is decent, but if I wanted to stare at spanish moss and walk into marshlands... I would just go outside.

I do like that the many of the families seem to have traits that my mom would refer to as "good ole boy" traits which as someone mentioned is slightly boring. But until you have been in a backwater town in Georgia for a long period of time you know not what boredom is.

I am also a fan of the swamp/bayou homes... Love the architecture. Always have. It is a bit glitchey... And it needs more empty lots to build on. But like I said before, it is decent... Unlike some neighborhoods *cough cough* Bridgeport *cough cough*...

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotaru801
I do like that the many of the families seem to have traits that my mom would refer to as "good ole boy" traits which as someone mentioned is slightly boring. But until you have been in a backwater town in Georgia for a long period of time you know not what boredom is.

I think a lot of us subconsciously thought of Savannah, GA when we saw the spanish moss... especially when the town seemed to be 'haunted'. So I guess we were expecting a sensationalized version of an already sensationalized city. I admit to being rather jealous, since my own hometown doesn't have ghost tours. Instead, it is boringly sunny.

That said, I personally try to make my sims as 'weird' as possible, regardless of the neighborhood... or at least a few key characters in the town. When Twinbrook came out, I was expecting an overload of weirdness. And I was really, really hoping for a re-make of Olive Specter's garden.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 11:39 PM
Twinbrook so far is my favorite town for the Sims 3. Second favorite would be Riverview, third would be Bridgeport, and my least favorite would be Sunset Valley. I love the dark, misty atmosphere, as others have mentioned, and it's a great place for my weird and supernatural sims! So far my favorite family there is a household that has a vampire, a Simbot, and a mummy
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:50 PM
Hi Guys

I'm planning to buy this expansion so i was reading through some topics about it.

However it's not exactly clear for me that if you want to play the new careers do you have to live in Twinbrook? My sims all live in the basic town, i only played the basic game and WA.
If i want to move my sims from here to Twinbrook is it enough just to save a copy of them and place them somewhere in a new town?

Sorry if it's a silly question.
Page 2 of 2