Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:31 PM
Do you need...
...the Sims 3 for Create-a-World.

You see I have ordered Sims 3 but can't wait so I would like to know if I need Sims 3 before I get it?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:33 PM
Yes, you do. It won't even run if you have a mismatch of versions (outdated Sims 3 vs. an up-to-date CAW, or vice versa).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th May 2011 at 6:35 PM
I actually learned that last night. Lol. I reinstalled the old copy of CAW, and it said i needed the new version. I didn't even know there was a new version. A quick trip to sim3.com, and now i have CAW up and running. Lol.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2011 at 6:48 PM
Oh. I'll have to wait, though the wait makes it more exciting
Typical
#5 Old 10th May 2011 at 8:49 PM
lily - I'm not sure if you're aware, but there is a seperate forum for CAW help/questions, (it is a beta... from EA, lol), which you would want to consider posting in if you need help: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=616
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2011 at 9:52 PM
Sorry. I never knew (newbie to Sims 3!) Next time I have a question about Create-a-World I'll go there. Thanks for telling me
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th May 2011 at 9:47 AM
Whilst your waiting check out the tutorials for CAW it is a powerful tool but can be intimidating to use. Collect all the hints and tips you can (I would write them down if I were you) it will help you avoiding frustrating mistakes like I have. The CAW forum here can be a little difficult to use in my opinion but there are some great tips there is also a brilliant world building guide at: http://builders.forumotion.net/t100...-world-part-1-6 . Goodluck with CAW and the sims 3 is an awesome game I am sure you will love it!

I want to punch Chris Steel in the face!