Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2011 at 8:59 PM
Default Gigs - I mean wtf?!!
My Sims band The Sticky Willies is awesome! But!! They've only been offered one gig and they were great at that; the venue owner was really pleased with them. It's been days now and still no moar gigs offered. The bass player, drummer and the guitar player are all level ten in their skill, and they've got out and about so much jamming that they are celebrities (not a hard thing to be in Bridgeport, I know) and *still* no gigs ... Anyone else noticed this with their band? The lads are going to have to get a real job at this rate
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th May 2011 at 10:10 PM
Yeah, this is a known issue with bands. The gig opportunities are severely broken. I've heard that playing for tips in the subway can get you gigs, but I have no idea if that's true.
It's also important to not have other celebrity opportunities unfinished in your opportunities panel.
Twallan's master controller allows you to get gigs (and any other opportunities).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2011 at 10:32 PM
Thnx Calisims I'll take a look at the settings on the Master Controller and see if I can tweak some gigs for the boys!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th May 2011 at 8:05 PM
I've screwed up my gig opportunities badly, I don't even get them through MC. I was playing a gig at a place called Las Bebidas Cantina in Los Aneigos when the opportunity that I was currently playing got cancelled (for some reason I still don't know about). So I went into MC and got another gig, but it was at Las Bebidas again, so I thought I'd just let them continue playing, and the opportunity was completed, but ever since I can't get a gig at all i.e the 'band' option doesn't come up on MC. I'm feeling the need to break up the band and reform again, but idk..

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th May 2011 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
I've screwed up my gig opportunities badly, I don't even get them through MC. I was playing a gig at a place called Las Bebidas Cantina in Los Aneigos when the opportunity that I was currently playing got cancelled (for some reason I still don't know about). So I went into MC and got another gig, but it was at Las Bebidas again, so I thought I'd just let them continue playing, and the opportunity was completed, but ever since I can't get a gig at all i.e the 'band' option doesn't come up on MC. I'm feeling the need to break up the band and reform again, but idk..

Yeah ... I got some gigs via MC but now the option isn't there anymore either. Shame really as I really liked the band idea. It had the potential to be really awesome.
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th May 2011 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Yeah ... I got some gigs via MC but now the option isn't there anymore either. Shame really as I really liked the band idea. It had the potential to be really awesome.

Yeah, I'm having that problem now, too. I had read that you get the opportunities from MC, but it is more limited that I thought.
The band thing is incredibly disappointing.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I had read that you get the opportunities from MC, but it is more limited that I thought.

You still need to satisfy the requirements for the opportunity before I will display it to you.

So, you need to perform the first level gig before the second will appear, for instance.

If the first level gig does not appear, you are most likely missing the necessary venue in your town (one of the first level gigs requires a Criminal Dive Bar for instance), or you have completed that level, and don't have the venue for the next one (an Irish Dive Bar).

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:55 PM
A band I had (all maxed out in their own instrument) went several sim days (maybe even weeks - I didn't count...) without a single gig. Then they got one, and then several more days went by. Then suddenly they started getting gigs all the time, nearly always in the same place. Kind of annoying...
Alchemist
#9 Old 10th May 2011 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
You still need to satisfy the requirements for the opportunity before I will display it to you.

So, you need to perform the first level gig before the second will appear, for instance.

If the first level gig does not appear, you are most likely missing the necessary venue in your town (one of the first level gigs requires a Criminal Dive Bar for instance), or you have completed that level, and don't have the venue for the next one (an Irish Dive Bar).

Thank you so much! I recently completed a gig, at the time it was the only one available in the MC list. So now I just checked again and there are 6 gig opportunities listed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2011 at 10:44 AM

Thanks! It looks like the Sticky Willies could be making a comeback!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11 Old 11th May 2011 at 7:36 PM

So, does this essentially mean that having a band in a world that does not have ALL LN venues is sort of useless? And all these venues will have to be set up for allowing gigs ? Oh well, you just spared me a big future disappointment. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 11th May 2011 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
So, does this essentially mean that having a band in a world that does not have ALL LN venues is sort of useless? And all these venues will have to be set up for allowing gigs

I'm not certain about requiring *all* the venue types, but I suspect you will require a significant number of them.

But yes, they must be setup with at least four placed band instruments to be considered valid gig locations.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.