Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2011 at 8:14 AM
Default Real life: emulating the sims!
Ok please tell me I am not the only one crazy enough to find herself/himself doing things from sims in real life. Most worringly yesterday morning I was doing my hair in front of the mirror with some tunes on and dancing about (as usual hence hair looks like an unmade bed) when all of a sudden I caught sight of myself in the mirror doing the not so hot shoulder shake from sims 3. Time for some sims cold turkey me thinks! So do you guys ever catch yourself doing something from the game or should I check myself in somewhere?

I want to punch Chris Steel in the face!
Advertisement
The other one
#2 Old 8th May 2011 at 9:28 AM
lol, I do. Sometimes if I've been on a building binge later on when I'm doing something normal in real life I mess it up I go to hit the undo button and realise there isn't one for life....if only

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th May 2011 at 3:42 PM
I find myself thinking about my needs as if I had those little bars. Sometimes I think about what moodlets I have. Right now I have "good night's sleep" with about 9 hours left.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th May 2011 at 4:30 PM
If I'm sitting on the bus or standing in the line at the grocery srote I find my index finger moving like pressing the key number 3.
The other one
#5 Old 8th May 2011 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
If I'm sitting on the bus or standing in the line at the grocery srote I find my index finger moving like pressing the key number 3.
Urgh, I so wish there was a number 3 button in RL. I used to do a job where I was occassionally made to do public speaking which is not good when you have a fear of public speaking, lol. For days before I would be dreading it and often wished I could just hit number 3 and fast-forward to when it was all over

The other one
#6 Old 8th May 2011 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jen&tonic
I find myself thinking about my needs as if I had those little bars. Sometimes I think about what moodlets I have. Right now I have "good night's sleep" with about 9 hours left.

Tha's so cute, lol. I've never thought about it but I guess right now my bar is orange It's only 0840am here and I haven't been showered or eaten yet (hey, it's Sunday, I'm being lazy)....plus I have the crying baby moodlet because my son is fighting his nap I really need to go and take care of my needs, lol.

....oh, wait...yay! my crying baby moodlet is gone

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:18 PM
sometimes after building something for long periods of time ill quit and be looking abound in RL and thinking about ways i could mode it or how that chair would look in the livingroom of some sims house or lol a few times ill be watching tv or walking threw the mall and go "hey ive seen that couch before!!" and kind of disregard it cause its like eh then realize ive never seen it in RL before or i dont actually have it lol
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
...I haven't been showered or eaten yet...

Yeah, I'm thinking you must achieve the former before the latter can occur at all

I'm constantly dancing like they do, but that occurs not through lack of forethought, sadly. Yeah, I'm with the constantly wanting to fast-forward boring situations people, so badly... I also find myself saying phrases that they do whilst I'm doing something. I also drop my wet laundry on the ground when I'm distracted by something else (usually TS3 or other computer related business).

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th May 2011 at 10:22 PM
I remember doing stuff like playing chess with my dad and yelling "I played this game by myself all day yesterday! (which I did) WHY AREN'T I A MASTER I SHOULD AT LEAST BE LEVEL FIVE RIGHT NOW!" and he's just "...What? "

I also think of what my needs and moodlets would be. I also told my friend "Oh don't pay any attention to her. She has the Snob trait." He's just "???"
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th May 2011 at 11:43 PM
I'd love a fast forward button for RL. Especially for times when I'm bored in class, or stuck studying, and I want it over with so I can do something that feels more constructive.
Alchemist
#11 Old 9th May 2011 at 12:25 AM
i'm pretty sure its become an involuntary reaction of mine to mimic the disgusted face the sims make when i am displeased...you know, the one seemingly caught halfway between a sneer and a snarl? yeah. that one.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th May 2011 at 10:21 PM
Sometimes, I feel like people purposefully moved objects in front of my path, and I want to do that little hand wave thing with the thought bubble that has the feet leading to an x... yeah, haha, I know.(:
Instructor
#13 Old 10th May 2011 at 10:28 PM
I never feel myself acting like a sim, but I have sometimes looked around any environment where I happen to be and start to think "Hmm...this room is probably X tiles wide, and Y tiles deep." Or something like, "how could I build this in TS3?"

I've even built lots modeled after real places I've visited before.
The other one
#14 Old 11th May 2011 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
...I have sometimes looked around any environment where I happen to be and start to think ... "how could I build this in TS3?"

I've even built lots modeled after real places I've visited before.

I do this too. I've travelled around a lot and whenever I'm in a car (and not driving) I always find myself eying up houses and "storing" ideas/inspiration for later use. I once considered building the Duck Island Cottage in St James Park, London and was determined to ask a park warden if I could have a nosy inside (it's not used as a house now) but I didn't see one before I lost interest....probably a good thing, can you imagine trying to explain why you want inside? lol.

Anyway, I came on here to add a story about my husband that, while not sims related is related to the topic: Was walking down the corridor of a hospital yesterday with my husband and passed some crutches propped up against the wall. Husband pauses for a brief second, looks confused then laughs at himself and carries on walking....I asked him wth was that all about and he says he was gonna take the crutches but then realised this was real life, not Fallout

Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th May 2011 at 6:43 AM
missroxor: lol at your story :D

Sometimes when I'm online, looking at a web page and I should change pages, I'll try to rotate the browser because I think the browser is like a cube, and the second page is on the next side.

When I take food out of the oven, I noticed once that I almost every time, after opening the oven door a bit, I'll do the same animations that sims do if they have burned their food. I don't burn the food that often, but the hot air that comes out of the oven makes me do it.

There are other occations where i have noticed that I act like a sim, but I don't remember any right now.