Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:54 PM
Default What is The Sims 3 Commemorative Edition?
Well the title says it all. What is it?

P.S Searching didn't really help
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th May 2011 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyandsnuggles2
Well the title says it all. What is it?

P.S Searching didn't really help

another way for EA to get some money

This high-quality 48-page hardcover edition contains exclusive interviews of important persons and the development history of The Sims. Also included are extras such as a cool poster, sketches, artwork, access to more digital content, new facts and interesting facts about The Sims. The Sims ™ 3 Ambitions expansion pack is included!

http://www.infinitesims.com/news/42...dition-details/

http://www.snootysims.com/forums/vi...hp?f=34&t=33092
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2011 at 5:47 PM
So, does it have Sims 3 base game as well?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th May 2011 at 6:27 PM
It is the Sims 3 base game, packaged with books and posters (and apparently a code for downloading more content?).

Y'know, I love The Sims, but I can't believe this game has fans who would repurchase the base game for the extras described here. Of course, fans always surprise me with their devotion.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th May 2011 at 7:11 PM
Supposely this Commemorative Edition came out some time ago so why are we talking about it now? Knowing EA's track record, if a fan is actually silly enough to buy that when there's a good chance that most of "new" info and interviews included are probably easily found somewhere on the internet, then more power to them. It's kinda sad that just because the Sims is a casual game, EA thinks it can get away with anything. It's only been 2 years and how many times has the base game been repackaged and resold? I guess I can't really talk because I'm a member of one the biggest Sims 3 fansites(MTS), next to the offical forums.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th May 2011 at 7:15 PM
DO NOT WANT

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Alchemist
#7 Old 9th May 2011 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
Supposely this Commemorative Edition came out some time ago so why are we talking about it now?

I supposed the person who created the thread is not as up on their Sims news as you are
Forum Resident
#8 Old 9th May 2011 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I supposed the person who created the thread is not as up on their Sims news as you are

I guess that came off snarkier than intended. my apologies.
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2011 at 9:39 PM
It's OK. I used to hate Sims 3 and now I can't wait for it to come. The Sims 3 Commemorative Edition is cheaper on Amazon than the normal Sims 3 (!) so why not?

But does it come with Ambitions???

P.S It will be my first time buying The Sims 3 .
transmogrified
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th May 2011 at 9:50 PM
But does it come with Ambitions???

No, the version that comes with Ambitions is The Sims 3 Deluxe.
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:05 PM
Instructor
#12 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:13 PM
Then why does this website say it does?

Maybe it's wrong? That's the only site I've seen which makes that claim.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#13 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:35 PM
Actually, there is a Sims 3 Ambitions commemorative edition (containing only the EP, not the base game and EP). But -- unless Amazon has had a major F*up with its cover image -- the Ambitions commemorative edition has the word "Ambitions" on the front cover. At this point, I would suggest that your questions would be better addressed to the retailer or the manufacturer, since we can't tell you what you're going to get in that box.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 9th May 2011 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
It is the Sims 3 base game, packaged with books and posters (and apparently a code for downloading more content?).

Y'know, I love The Sims, but I can't believe this game has fans who would repurchase the base game for the extras described here. Of course, fans always surprise me with their devotion.

Its actually Ambitions. It comes out when Ambitions was released on their 10th years anniversary. They comes with a graphical sims history book (kinda), some posters and all that shit.

I got it instead of the regular Ambitions, since I like these kind of shit.

I dunno if they produce another commemorative shit though...

EDIT: WAIT, I JUST GOOGLED AND FOUND OUT THEY DID!

I guess it would be educational for new players since they have all the sims history in that tiny book.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 9th May 2011 at 11:43 PM
Yeah I have it, and it's just the Ambitions Expansion Pack. Mine is the exact same as emino's and the great thing about it, is that I got it for the same price as the expansion alone, so yeah pretty cool! :D

And I like that kinda shit too!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th May 2011 at 4:53 PM
I shall just wait till i get it. If it doesn't have the base game I'll just have to get that too
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:15 PM
I just bought the Commemorative Edition. You just get lots of cool extras and a history of the Sims. I have been playing the Sims 2 for a very long time now and finally decided it was time to give in and upgrade to the Sims 3. Anyone in the U.K wanting to buy the Sims 3 should do it now - Amazon are currently selling the Commemorative Edition for £17.90 and at an RRP of £39.99 that's quite a saving! Obviously not shifting many of them.
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:25 PM
^ Exactly the same! I decided to upgrade. Has yours arirrrived yet?
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:34 PM
^ Exactly the same! I decided to upgrade. Has yours arirrrived yet?

Mine arrived today yes. But the hard drive on my laptop broke last week and it's currently having a new one fitted so I can't play it - NIGHTMARE!!! I get it back tomorrow though so there will be lots of simming going on lol. It comes in a very nice box
Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th May 2011 at 6:50 PM Last edited by lilyandsnuggles2 : 12th May 2011 at 4:54 PM.
It arrived.

It contains:

The base-game (Sims 3)

The 48 page book on The Sims

1000 SimPoints

A code