Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:11 AM
Default green babies later in the through the generrations
if the mom is green and the dad is white and there baby is white can the baby have a green child or some time later down the line of there generation?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:11 PM
Yes, as the grandparents have a 10% (I believe, I still get confused over the matter) chance of having a genetic influence on a grandchild.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
Yes, as the grandparents have a 10% (I believe, I still get confused over the matter) chance of having a genetic influence on a grandchild.

Bu I thought grandparents only matter if they are alive, thanks to EA's crappy coding. If they are dead, only the parent's genes are taken into account. But don't quote me on this.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Bu I thought grandparents only matter if they are alive, thanks to EA's crappy coding. If they are dead, only the parent's genes are taken into account. But don't quote me on this.

Actually, i believe that they fixed this in a patch. I'm also pretty sure that Twallens master controller has an option to edit the %. Don't quote me on that though.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17

That does not include facial sliders or skin tone.

In the vanilla game, those two elements are inherited solely from the immediate parents.

Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Bu I thought grandparents only matter if they are alive, thanks to EA's crappy coding. If they are dead, only the parent's genes are taken into account.

Dead grandparents are used, provided their urnstone is still available in town (without the urnstone, the sim is permanently compressed and loses all genetic info).

Quote: Originally posted by Klldarkness
I'm also pretty sure that Twallens master controller has an option to edit the %.

It does not.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Scholar
#6 Old 12th May 2011 at 6:39 PM
Ah, you learn something new every day
Sorry for the misinformation, thanks Twallan
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th May 2011 at 6:46 PM
If you get a random green baby, you can always blame a green man. It works so well in our world :D