Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Isa-WP : 16th Mar 2017 at 11:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Veranka's Bubu Stairs have no price, cost or description
I just properly installed the stairs (with Scriptorium) of Veranka's Bubu Build set and they show up fine in the game and work properly, but even though the package has a price and description it doesn't show up in the game and the stairs cost nothing (the railings do, strangely enough). I tried to fix it myself but have no luck. Adding a 'catalogTextResource' did nothing, changing the 'catalogTextIndex' to 0 did nothing (I'm not sure how I'm supposed to find the right index number anyway?) and I'm out of ideas.
It would be nice if I could use the stairs properly, can someone help me?

Edit: fixed, for anyone who wants to do it for themselves:
Open the custom script (the text file that begins with 7997)
- Add a line under the first that says "catalogTextResource *name package stairs* 139". Put instead of *name package stairs* the actual name of the stairs .package
(in my case, I changed it to 'Veranka_BuBuBuildModularStairs', so my line reads "catalogTextResource Veranka_BuBuBuildModularStairs 139").
- Change the "catalogTextIndex" number at the bottom from 1 to 0.
Hopefully that also does it for others!
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 3:48 AM
It should be in the Text Lists (STR) - Stair Info. (You need to open the stairs in SimPE.)

That said - there is a price and description there already. But they're from the stairs that were cloned as Veranka didn't change it. There is also a description in the Catalog Description (CTSS) that Veranka DID add. But you say that the stairs have no cost or description in game? Hmmmm.. I wonder if that's because the Text List and Catalog Description don't match? It's worth a try editing the Text List to match (just copy/paste the Catalog Description lines), giving the stairs whatever price you'd like them to have in game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 10:47 AM
Yeah sorry, that happens when I post something at midnight, I make no sense. I meant to say that I opened the package in SimPE and found there was a price and description and that I tried editing the custom script .txt file.
Editing the text did nothing. Turns out I used the wrong number for the instance number in the 'catalogTextResource' line in the custom script. Fixing that and changing the 'catalogTextIndex' to 0 did it, the stairs now work properly! Changing any of these two causes the problem, so I guess it wasn't the text itself. I have properly working custom modular stairs in which the CTSS and the Stairs Info don't match, so I guess I can rule that out in the future.
Anyways, thanks for the suggestion MLC!