Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game won't start up at all on Windows 10
Hi everyone,

I know that Windows 10 and TS2 is fiddly so the moment I got my laptop I followed all the graphics.sgr and video cards.sgr modifications on leefish. It worked fine back then (about a year ago).

But lately I've been trying to play TS2 and the game won't start up at all. By this, I mean that I'll click the game icon and my screen will go black with the normal Windows cursor. There's no loading, no sounds, no error warnings, just a black screen. If I open Task Manager, the game will pop up briefly then drop out of the queue entirely. I can't close the game either nor does anything on my laptop respond apart from the Windows button or CRTL+ALT+DEL - I have to force shut down my laptop every time. This happens whether on full screen or windows mode. The same goes for BodyShop too except the programme window does not come up.

I've tried removing CC, deleting the caches, changing the compatibility mode, letting the game files regenerate* and updating my graphics drivers, having the game run on either graphics card (it is set to run on the better one). Nothing works. Unfortunately, I don't have the discs with me so uninstalling is not an option.

*Interestingly enough despite giving the game time to regenerate, it didn't manage to get beyond the Log folder and Teleport (which was empty).

My specs are:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Build 14393)
Intel Core i7-5500U @ 2.4Ghz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon R7 M360

The game is fully patched and I have all EPs and SPs.
Does anyone know what I can do? Thank you!

A: So are we cool?
B: Like the other side of the pillow! :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:43 PM
Something similar happened to me, only I reinstalled and my game was still crashing. Try cleaning your system with ccleaner, and restarting your computer... Hope I helped!
Edit: Also try running on compatability mode.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:37 PM
Something similar happened to me as well. In my case, it was a faulty Windows update and I had to go back to the previous configuration. Take a look see if an update was auto installed on the date you started having problems.