Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:39 AM.
Default The Great Purge quest (Pirates and Nobles) - can't finish
I've completed all the steps in this quest. I get the illustrated story where you blow up the ship. After that though... my monarch just leaves the ship, and the quest doesn't complete, though there are no more steps.

I tried using ctrl-click to complete the last step in the quest, but I get the same result... no quest completion.

Anybody succeeded in doing this?

Or a cheat that would let me force quest completion? I'd really rather not just drop it, was a long and painful quest >< And having been away from the game for a while, I can't remember all the cheats *blush*
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:48 AM
perhaps you needed to acquire an object in order to complete the quest? I know that you cannot advance on the Golems of Ticktop quest without at least building a prototype armor, the rest you can ctrl+click away.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:59 AM
Certainly nothing mentioned in the quest instructions... I did all the rest of the steps the old-fashioned way.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 4:53 AM
Ah, then I am so sorry, it must be a glitch and you'll have to do it over. I hate when that happens.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 6:01 AM
Since I have started this quest, and I will let you know if I have similar problems.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 6:25 AM
thanks Jess
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:02 AM
how do you finish the incident quest? i cant pick up the interrogation chair? thx
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:30 AM
I got the interrogation chair, but one of the musicians left and never returned, when i clicked on her yellow thing i couldn't do anything. i tired incident a second time, and after i confronted the man about the sword, the next quest response didn't pop up. *Sigh* let the problems begin.
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:32 PM
I sometimes get this error after control clicking through a step.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 1:37 AM
Default Interrogation chair
Quote: Originally posted by laukerz
how do you finish the incident quest? i cant pick up the interrogation chair? thx

I need an answer to this question too. I have tried numerous ideas on how but it isn't working at all.
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:11 AM
I'm pretty sure some of these quests are bugged. I've redone the incident quest 4 times, and everytime, one of the "Talent" leaves the kingdom, and never returns. I also couldn't complete the "Beast" quest because the guy wouldn't go die.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 8:31 PM
new patch, new ep, new bugs; par for the course.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 7:43 PM
This quest is seriously messed up!
I haven't had the problem with ending the quest, I can barely get halfway through!
Too many glitches and bugs to mention, but mostly all the important people to talk to during the quest get stuck on the path coming from the village market, and coming from the forest.
Their map tags shows up but they won't move from those spots and when I click on them, it just says their sleeping and the 'wake up' button appears but does not do anything.
After waiting a few days for them to actually walk in to my kindgdom I got tired of waiting for them to unstick and quit the quest.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 3:58 AM
I finished this quest and began another with a different sim. While doing the other quest, I noticed my monarch was stuck in the reception hall. I completed the quest, saved then shut down the game. When I logged back in, my kingdom needed a new monarch.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 7:13 AM
I've just now tried this quest too, and I have the same problem - I've finished the quest, but the game won't recognize it. My monarch is just chilling on the beach, and I'm waiting for the quest end dialogue, but....nothing. Very irritating, especially for such an involved quest.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:24 AM
I've had no problems with it O__o the quest just ended, like... normally. Firstly, though, my monarch was stuck on the beach, but reloading the game fixed it.
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 6:44 PM
I've finally beaten this ambition, and I swear I wont be playing it over. it kinda sucked. the only good result was the nifty gift at the end.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:46 PM
I do think it's glitchy, but realised that the reason I couldn't finish the Purge quest was that I'd made the leftmost room on the upper floor private to owner only (it's a library and everyone just stands in there reading all the freaking time) and the damn advisor wouldn't leave the castle to go to the feast hall which meant that there was no way I could continue, but after a reload I didn't make that room private and everyone went where they were supposed to. Btw next quest and the advisor and servant are still the same, which is good I guess, the king's really close with his advisor and I was a little miffed that the quest didn't give me a choice on whether to kill her off or not.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 5:26 PM
Jess,

On sims sticking I had somewhat the same problem with pregnant sims not waking shorrtly before giving birth. If you can view the actual sim you may try shift+right click to control it and try teleporting it then shift+right click on the sim to put it out of your control. If you have grim's core mod there maybe a debug action you can use (can not recall all of them). if you get an' object' selection from right clicking you may try a ' force reset ' option, or try to save when buggy then quit and then go back into game.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 3:51 AM
Managed to complete this quest without problem, but it's not a very nice one. I really felt bad about my nice king being such a dick. (sorry) One thing I've noticed, and it may be lag time on my computer, but during a lot of these P&N quests there's a big pause between the final storyboard-style slide show and the end-of-quest pop-up.
Instructor
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 4:47 AM
I noticed that as well
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 2:41 PM
I can't brew the potent royal crownie it dosent show up in the cask screne
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 8:55 PM
mine was missing from the list as well, i had to remove a mod to get it to show up.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:46 PM
Default Confused
I started the great purge quest, and I can't pick up the Interrogation Chair. I have a mac so I do not know if that would affect things. But if anyone could help. It would be appreciated. Thank you.
#25 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 7:17 AM
you don't ''pick it up''. it appears in your family inventory.
Page 1 of 2