Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 1:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default sims 2 ultimate colections crashing on buy/build catalot selectioon
my sims 2 ultimate collections runs and loads good ok

but when i go on lots to build/buy when i build/buy and select a catalot and click with it it crashes

i try reloading game

i try reownloading game

i try redoing my computer

i try reloading my computer

i try getting rid of all my cash

no relief!

i have laptop with windows 8.1

it buy hp

it has an intel inside.

it dont do this before

what is up
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:09 AM
Since you have the Ultimate Collection, there should be an option in your Origin screen to repair the game. Try that first, see if it solves the problem.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you probably have bad custom content in your game. So...

Have you downloaded anything new lately? If so and you know where it's located in your Downloads folder, remove it, load your game, and see if the problem still occurs.

If the problem still occurs or if you don't know where your newer CC is located... Does the game crash when you try to open one category but not another? Like, if you're in Build Mode, does it crash when you try to open the seating category but not the decorative category? If that's the case, then you likely have bad CC in those specific catalogs, which MIGHT give you an idea of what item is bad and you can try removing items from that category until you find the problem one, assuming that you have your CC organized in a way that allows you to know what objects belong to what category. BUT, sometimes that doesn't work. Sometimes, bad CC in one category can mess up completely unrelated things.

So, if that fails or if you don't know what objects belong to what category, or if your game crashes just by clicking on the Build or Buy mode buttons themselves, without being able to even get to the categories, then you will need to run through this procedure here to find the bad CC: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 10:52 PM
ok what CC is bad because i dont see and i saw your guide
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 11:14 AM
That's the thing: I have no idea what CC might be bad. It could literally be anything you have. Following the procedure that I linked to will find it, and then you can remove it from your game and, hopefully, that will stop the crashing. But, it can take a while to do. That's why I advised you to try repairing your game first in Origin. If it isn't a CC issue, then that ought to fix things. Or so I am told, anyway. I don't have the UC, myself.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 2:30 PM
I would advise the 50/50 - UC can be repaired, that is true, but as a UC player myself, the problems are most likely to be in the cc.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 1:53 AM
no good yet. i look at the link many times.

if it shows bad CC im not seeing
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 7:01 AM
You will not see bad CC anywhere, you will have to take it out in groups, test the game and then put it back until you find which piece of cc is causing it. Anything can crash your game, from a kitchen counter to a mod.

You can start by looking at your hacks and game mods. Before taking them out, make sure that you have the versions that is suited for AL of mods. Go back and read what the creator says and make sure you don't have two separate versions of the same mod. Also get the essential mods from here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696 to keep your game safe.

Walls and floors should not crash your game, but look at your other build items, and look at all your items in the buy catalog. There is no other way to do this - except for removing all cc, just keep the essential mods in, see if the game keeps crashing, and if not, add the cc back in small groups so that you can find the problem item.
Site Helper
#8 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 7:32 PM
One caution about removing hacks and game mods: If they are in active use when they are removed, it can cause trouble. Make a backup of your game before you remove anything, then make sure that there are no sims in custom careers or custom majors, no sims engaged in an activity that is only allowed by a mod, etc. and save again. Use that game for testing purposes. When you have finished testing, restore your backup.

(I know. This is just a repeat of something that you already read in the wiki article about finding bad custom content. But it needs to be mentioned in case someone runs into this thread and decides not to follow the link. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 7:40 PM
Yes - I tend to forget about those because I don't really use them - I stick to never taking out NoSimLoaded, the smarterEPcheck and the Multi-PT mods and some others in a DO NOT REMOVE folder. It is worth reading the Wiki article to make sure which mods must be left in the game, for it also, I believe, include objects which spawns NPC's.
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st May 2016 at 1:37 AM
orange names = mod or is it green?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st May 2016 at 2:48 PM
if you are looking in Clean Installer mods are red and pink simply means you have something in twice.

Or are you talking about our names here on the board? Orange means we have uploaded something to this site and mods are green.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st May 2016 at 3:44 PM
I was SO wondering why some of you were orange! now I know..thanks to you Jo..lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 1st May 2016 at 11:11 PM
Lol yep. Also Ghost sdoj is blue because they are a designated site helper.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#14 Old 2nd May 2016 at 12:39 AM
@Sims2Cat - Just a suggestion, maybe if you post a list of all the game mods and the custom content in your downloads folder, someone might recognize something that has been know to cause problems.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Banned
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd May 2016 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@Sims2Cat - Just a suggestion, maybe if you post a list of all the game mods and the custom content in your downloads folder, someone might recognize something that has been know to cause problems.

is there not a list ?

i think all forum have list of mods
Theorist
#16 Old 2nd May 2016 at 5:16 AM
@Sims2Cat - Please do not be offended by these questions.

Do you know what a game mod is? I get the feeling you are confusing a game mod with a site moderator, also know as a mod.

A game mod is basically something you download and install in your game, it then changes how things work in your game.

A moderator will not be able to tell you why your game is crashing, they can only give you the same advice the other members on this thread have given you.

Have you downloaded any custom content (CC) and put it in your game? If so can you make a list of all custom content you have added to your game and post the list here.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Banned
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th May 2016 at 7:37 AM
i think dining rooms on here and the internet
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@Sims2Cat - Please do not be offended by these questions.

Do you know what a game mod is? I get the feeling you are confusing a game mod with a site moderator, also know as a mod.

A game mod is basically something you download and install in your game, it then changes how things work in your game.

A moderator will not be able to tell you why your game is crashing, they can only give you the same advice the other members on this thread have given you.

Have you downloaded any custom content (CC) and put it in your game? If so can you make a list of all custom content you have added to your game and post the list here.

i do not kno wat u mean by "make a list"

but i ask EA Games and no they did not do this problem. So you are wrong that they did
Mad Poster
#19 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Cat
orange names = mod or is it green?

Orange/yellow names means they have made something that was uploaded here at MTS like what I did with the Beginning Hoods upload.
Green Names are the moderator on this forum.
Red names are supper moderator and Delphy the site owner.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 2:23 PM
@Sims2Cat Did you make a backup of your game? If you have I would start by pulling out the dining room that you added to your game, The only way you can tell if it's bad cc is by testing not by looking at it. If the game plays fine with it removed and crashes with it in then you know that was the bad cc. Does this make sense?

~Call me Jo~
Banned
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 4:20 PM
what do u mean
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 5:54 PM
Custom content can crash your game. Dining tables, chairs, kitchen counters, bathtubs, anything. So if you remove the furniture that you downloaded, say a set at a time, and test your game, you may find the item that causes the crashing.
Banned
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 10:58 PM
what do you mean
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 11:32 PM
Are you an English speaker Simscat? If you don't understand English I don't know if we can help you further unless someone can translate.

Do you have custom content in your game?

~Call me Jo~
Banned
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 1:43 AM
i made video of it