Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#351 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:39 AM
I agree, it is very think. Maybe use the Neon Sign of the Shark, but that might be out of place as well. Would the Life Preserver work?

And what's going inside?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#352 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:05 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 10th Apr 2012 at 5:15 PM.
Mad Poster
#353 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:52 AM
The preserver works - it keeps the simplicity.

And a dive should be fine. Seems a bit small for a dance club.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#354 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 10th Apr 2012 at 5:15 PM.
progress
Field Researcher
#355 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 2:01 AM
Excellent work, as I expect of your highness of ye olden CAW toole

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Instructor
#356 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 6:18 AM
I absolutely love that overview show, but I can't help but feel like perhaps 3 ruined piers is over doing it? I think I preferred it earlier when it looked like there was just the one. The much more substantial pier on the other side of town is also pretty impressive, will you be building something at the end? Like a pavilion?

I'm sure many nicer examples exist in the world, but this was the first one that popped into my mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Kilda_Pavilion

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Top Secret Researcher
#357 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 3:20 PM
Wow! Your use of cfe is amazing.

Also, I don't think we ever got an answer on how you made the street-side parking?

Did you place them on the lots? Or did you use the readily available CAW cars for the ferry?

Because I really want to incorporate that into my world and I think I figured out how to make a fully working, lot-integrated street side parking.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
One Minute Ninja'd
#358 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker

Does anyone know if there's a mod out there somewhere that enables some of the CAW objects ingame?

Do you mean something like this http://modthesims.info/d/466890 that Shimrod101 posted?
Mad Poster
#359 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 5:01 AM
Looks pretty good!

The problem with the sign is the low fence on top of the grey part- it's too clunky for the retro/moderne style in the rest of the sign.

Btw, are there going to be any trails leading out from the town?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#360 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 8:17 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 3rd Apr 2012 at 8:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
I absolutely love that overview show, but I can't help but feel like perhaps 3 ruined piers is over doing it? I think I preferred it earlier when it looked like there was just the one. The much more substantial pier on the other side of town is also pretty impressive, will you be building something at the end? Like a pavilion?

I'm sure many nicer examples exist in the world, but this was the first one that popped into my mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Kilda_Pavilion

I'll cut it down to just two ruined piers. That'll help it.

I haven't had any plans for doing anything with the other pier, but your idea got me thinking about it. For a building to be out there, the structure would have to be built on some form of land , otherwise some routing issues would probably occur. Even if these routing issues were to not occur, there would still be the trouble with the water losing it's depth color. This train of thought led me even further. If I were to put a little sand out there and a few rocks, one of which could be used to connect , via a road, the pier and a lot , there might be a small possibility for a somewhat decent pier building . When I have more time later this week, I'll play around with this little idea. If my little idea actually works and looks okay I'll probably build that little kiosk you have a picture of.

Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651

Also, I don't think we ever got an answer on how you made the street-side parking?

Did you place them on the lots? Or did you use the readily available CAW cars for the ferry?

Because I really want to incorporate that into my world and I think I figured out how to make a fully working, lot-integrated street side parking.

I'll try to get around to putting together a little tut on that street parking later this week. Usually , when I start thinking of putting together a little tutorial , I get all lazy .

No , there not placed on the lots . I've used the CAW ferry cars. I've thought about using the unlocked cars in super CAW, but I'm unsure about what routing problems they might create .

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Do you mean something like this http://modthesims.info/d/466890 that Shimrod101 posted?

Thanks, that should work for everything I wanted ingame except for a few guardrails. Since I only want one or two of them ,I'll probably not have any trouble getting them unlocked with S3PE .

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Looks pretty good!

The problem with the sign is the low fence on top of the grey part- it's too clunky for the retro/moderne style in the rest of the sign.

Btw, are there going to be any trails leading out from the town?

That fence isn't perfect, but at least for now it's okay. When I get around to do that building's innards , I refine it some more.

Quote: Originally posted by Daniel
CAW objects can be modded to show up in EIG in the normal sims 3 game . Is this what you mean?

Yeah, that basically what I meant. Since everything takes time , it just seemed best to ask if there was already a mod out there to unlock most of the items.

and thanks everyone
Lab Assistant
#361 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 8:27 AM
CAW objects can be modded to show up in EIG in the normal sims 3 game . Is this what you mean?

Come Check out New York City!
dodgy builder
#362 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 9:03 AM
That first picture in post 357 is where I wanna spend my summer vacation this year. Where can I book?

That sign on the building feels like it needs some support. I'm also thinking about reproducing that cfe roof in post 355, but then I get real lazy

I did reproduze your technic with the awesims cornice though. The cornice I used was perhaps the wrong one? It showed on the inside so I had to lift the frieze another 2 clicks. Is that what you do? Here's some pictures, sorry about the layout, I have changed my theme: http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/ne...c-and-new-house
Lab Assistant
#363 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 3:43 PM Last edited by JustAnotherSimsFan : 21st May 2012 at 12:51 AM.
I was going through the thread and saw your post about how it's going to require all expansion packs including showtime. I was a little disappointed at first because i don't have showtime, but then i saw another post where you said if you have time you might make a showtime free version. I would definitely download that version

I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's completed. Keep up the good work Ouerbacker, this world is well worth finishing.
Test Subject
#364 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 5:21 PM
Your world looks absolutly stuning, I love it!
Test Subject
#365 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:57 AM
This world is so gorgeous that it hurts a little.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#366 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 5:58 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 10th Apr 2012 at 5:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
That first picture in post 357 is where I wanna spend my summer vacation this year. Where can I book?

That sign on the building feels like it needs some support. I'm also thinking about reproducing that cfe roof in post 355, but then I get real lazy

I did reproduze your technic with the awesims cornice though. The cornice I used was perhaps the wrong one? It showed on the inside so I had to lift the frieze another 2 clicks. Is that what you do? Here's some pictures, sorry about the layout, I have changed my theme: http://www.volvenomtullarask.com/ne...c-and-new-house

That's just how I use the cornices . All of the buildings that I use that technique on don't have usable upper floors. If I were to make the upper floors usable in the buildings, I would probably just take out the cornices and replace them with a wall . There are probably ways to get around having the cornice show in the upper floor, but you'll have to discover them yourself.

Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651

Well, I'm am somewhat bad at getting things done in a timely manner. I'll try to put the tut together later today or sometime tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dodgy builder
#367 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker
That's just how I use the cornices . All of the buildings that I use that technique on don't have usable upper floors. If I were to make the upper floors usable in these buildings, I would probably just take out that cornice and replace it with a wall . There are probably ways to get around having the cornice show in the upper floor, but you'll have to discover these yourself.

Yes I did I just raised it with a couple of clicks. No problem when I can use staircases on the ground to measure the hight. Not that hard to do
Lab Assistant
#368 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:07 PM
With the corniced, I used the one that is half floor height and built a box inside and lowered it. That's fine if you don't plan on having the upper floors usable. Simply breath taking work Ouer!

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#369 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 12:29 AM
Beautiful! I love the cloud noise.
Instructor
#370 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 2:34 AM

Those horizon shots are fantastic. The cloud noise does wonders for the atmosphere (lul, literally), I'm reminded of paintings. :D

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Scholar
#371 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 7:16 AM
Those are some awesome clouds! :lovestruc

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#372 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 10:59 PM
Well. I decided to work on the pier idea a little bit. It took me about an hour or two to throw the base of it together. After getting it this far I decided that it would best to stop building on it and see if you all like it or not . Personally , I don't really care for it. It seemed like a nice idea at the start , but not all good ideas can be well executed in the Sims. I feel like that's the case here . Should I continue on with this idea or scrap it?

Lab Assistant
#373 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:25 PM Last edited by JustAnotherSimsFan : 11th Apr 2012 at 7:18 PM.
I personally prefer it the way it was before without the bit at the end. For me it doesn't fit in with the rest of the world and doesn't look quite right. I also thought it was a good idea and at least you tried it
Instructor
#374 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:27 AM
Wow. That sunset looks amazing!

I really wish there were some sort of award for best Sims 3 World because this one takes the cake!

I actually don't mind the pier idea. Thought I wouldn't like it, but you make it work quite well.
Scholar
#375 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 1:18 AM
As usual, I'm the dissenter I like the pier.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Page 15 of 31