Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#17201 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:04 PM
If your Ottomas family is good, your Critturs are good, Vixxen; it's the exact same glitch. The whole point of meetmetotheriver's cleaned hoods and subhood versions is that she took care of all the glitches she could. Any potential problems she knows about (like the thing with the graves) are discussed on the site.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17202 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen
Just another random question. I have a set of geneticized Purplepaws Maxis match skintones, as I prefer more variety in the game. Now my question is, obviously 0.20, 0.45 and 0.75 will be able to be born in-game to Sims with different skintones. However, what about 0.05 and 0.95? I'm guessing they won't be able to be born with these, but will the game generate townies with those skintones? I don't create Sims in my neighborhood at all (I just play premades and their children) so I don't know wether I will be able to get the two extremes into my game at all (without changing existing Sims, which I don't want to do).

If you're only using maxis-made sims then yes, you wont have any with .05 or .95 offspring, but townies/NPCs will generate with it. So if you plan on marrying off any of your sims to townies then you should get all skintones.

Maybe make 4 or so Sims with 0.05, and 4 or so with 0.95 then turn them into townies/downtownies/NPCs? So that you know you have some sims in the neighbourhood with those skintones, because from what I know townies don't regenerate in already created neighbourhoods unless you marry/move in/kill one.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#17203 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There is a tutorial for updating custom fridges to work with Freetime.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=286886

And this looks like it updates all furniture for use by pets.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=263078

Thank you! I never even thought of updating it.
Scholar
#17204 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
I have a thing that kind off worry me but I do not think that it needs a thread in the help section. However, today when I played a lot the trash can outside the lot tip over and got stuck halfway down the ground. The cover did "float" in the air in the correct place, it was just the lower part of the trash can that tipped over. As I did not want to loose my gameplay I saved and moved out of the lot, thinking the can would correct itself when the lot was reloaded but that did not help. I restarted the game but that did not help and even deleted the trash can but even that did not help . So I moved out the sims and deleted the lot. Placed a new lot and decorated a new home for the sims. Everything worked fine after that but I really want to know what happened. Have anyone experience whit glinshing trashcans? I did not back up as much as I use to do after this gameplay so I have a copy of the sims 2 folder (on flashdrive) that do not have this new version of my hood. But did I break something now?
Mad Poster
#17205 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:32 AM
Why are there bubbles coming out of my Sim?

Theorist
#17206 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
Did he drink any bubble bath lately? That's a glitch that happens sometimes when sims are cleaning a counter or sink or other thing that makes bubbles when cleaned. Sometimes you can get rid of it by directing them to clean again, or if you have the Batbox, you can try the "Nuke Stuck SFX" option. It will go away on its own eventually and is not harmful... although it is mightily amusing.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#17207 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:11 AM
Thanks esmeiolanthe! The bubbles started when he came home from visiting a couple of community lots, the last one being a shop where her bought clothes. As I recall the last thing he did before he left home was to clean the cooker, but he also had an action queued to clean a counter. (Just trying to do something useful while waiting for the taxi.) It looks as if perhaps the "clean counter" action dropped out of his queue and got replaced by these bubbles. Anyway, if they're harmless, I think I'll just leave them till they disappear. They seem to go with his character: a couple of Sims in the neighbourhood think the sun shines out of that part of his anatomy!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17208 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:02 AM
You can also get pet food and snow coming out of sims. Toddlers seem prone to those. Pick the little darling up and out comes kitty food, goodness so close to real life.

As to the bin did you just try and get a sim to right it? Don't delete the bin it has something to do with the game recognizing the edges of the lot. Having a bin on it's side won't hurt anything just use a trash chute or a compost bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17209 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:26 AM
@AndrewGloria that happens to my sims if I speed up the clock and have them get out of the swimming pool.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
#17210 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I have a thing that kind off worry me but I do not think that it needs a thread in the help section. However, today when I played a lot the trash can outside the lot tip over and got stuck halfway down the ground. The cover did "float" in the air in the correct place, it was just the lower part of the trash can that tipped over. As I did not want to loose my gameplay I saved and moved out of the lot, thinking the can would correct itself when the lot was reloaded but that did not help. I restarted the game but that did not help and even deleted the trash can but even that did not help . So I moved out the sims and deleted the lot. Placed a new lot and decorated a new home for the sims. Everything worked fine after that but I really want to know what happened. Have anyone experience whit glinshing trashcans? I did not back up as much as I use to do after this gameplay so I have a copy of the sims 2 folder (on flashdrive) that do not have this new version of my hood. But did I break something now?

Try enabling testingcheatsenabled, shift+clicking on the trash can, and select "Force Error", then click "Reset". If that doesn't work, just get a Sim to interact with the trash can, usually by having them empty a trash bin or compactor and having them take the bag of garbage to the can outdoors.
Scholar
#17211 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:47 PM
Like I said in the post: "So I moved out the sims and deleted the lot. Placed a new lot and decorated a new home for the sims". So the problem is no longer there but it would be good to know if the glinsh was coursed by the lot or the game (quite impossible to tell I know) and if anything is broken in the game after this. The Wiki says nothing about deleting trashcans is being harmful for the game or not so I don't have a clue.

Anyway, the problem occurred when my sims was busy putting many piles of leaves in the compost so there was o whole lot of actions on the lot. One sim even interacted whit the trashcan but whit no effect. I have not seen this before so I wanted to know if anyone have experience whit this.
Mad Poster
#17212 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:41 AM
So, one of my lots that I'm particularly fond of has suddenly started displaying some very distressing characteristics- namely, an inability to open... at all, really. It just goes to the "Loading the XXXXXXX Family" screen that we all know, runs through a few cycles of pictures lighting up, and then... stops. Game doesn't indicate as crashed or not responding, it just sits there, doing nothing. Now, I know a lot refusing to open can be a sign of corruption, (and alas, there are a number of mildly corrupting things I have done with my game, in my foolish younger days) but are there any other, less-traumatic, more easily fixed problems that this could be a sign of? (This became an issue shortly after I installed Happy Holidays. Can't see why it'd be an issue, but there it is- correlation MIGHT equal causation, for all I know!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#17213 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:32 PM
Have you tried putting testingcheats on and seeing if you get a pop-up box? That can help you a] identify a potential problem (if a specific item is named), b] give you directions to an error log to post for help, c] allow you to reset/delete said item or object (after making a backup of the neighbourhood, of course).

(I know in my game some of my apartments are glitching out and need me to click on the reset button a couple of times to get access. I fully accept the potential, inherent dangers lingering. However, beyond the error messages I am able to play the apartments with no other visible problems. While the 'hood isn't new, it's slow-aging and means a rebuild won't be too tricky as there aren't many sims -- just a main 'hood and multiple sub-'hoods to recreate...)
Top Secret Researcher
#17214 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:28 AM
I just realized that roommates for apartments age everyday like playable sims. If I have another sim from another household ask them to move in with them, will they move in with the same days aged or will it reset?
Lab Assistant
#17215 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:37 PM
My stupid question: I downloaded the Hack Conflict Detecter Utility and Cyjon's Memory Fixes and was about to extract them to my Downloads folder. Then I downloaded Mootilda's (sigh) Hood Checker and it instructs you to install it to your hard drive and I did. The two above mentioned utilities sound like they are manualy used too and need to be installed to the hard drive. So, which is it, hard drive or Downloads folder? Thanks in advance.
Mad Poster
#17216 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:52 PM
The HCDU and Hoodchecker are utilities. You'll run the .exe program when you need to check for conflicts and detect and remove corruption from your hood. You could probably run them from your Downloads folder, but then the game would constantly be trying to read them, might choke on them, and would certainly slow down to no good purpose, so I'd make a "Sims2 Utilities" folder somewhere other than My Documents/EAGames/Sims2, and stick them in there.

"Memory Fixes" sounds like a hack. Most of Cyjon's mods are hacks and are placed in your downloads folder to run automatically. If the information at the site is ambiguous, extract the file to some handy location and look at what it contains. If there's an RTFM file, it will almost certainly tell you exactly what to do. If the zip contains an exe, place it with the Hoodchecker and HCDU in a Utilities folder or wherever they wind up. If it contains a package file, put it into Downloads.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17217 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimma
My stupid question: I downloaded the Hack Conflict Detecter Utility and Cyjon's Memory Fixes and was about to extract them to my Downloads folder. Then I downloaded Mootilda's (sigh) Hood Checker and it instructs you to install it to your hard drive and I did. The two above mentioned utilities sound like they are manualy used too and need to be installed to the hard drive. So, which is it, hard drive or Downloads folder? Thanks in advance.

HCDU needs its own folder, but Cyjon's one should be fine in the Downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
#17218 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:18 PM
Peni and Charity, Thank you so very much.
Field Researcher
#17219 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
I am wondering if changing the game language will change the names of my current Sims in Megahood (I'm playing meetme2theriver's version). I know the premades have different names in different languages and I'm guessing it will also affect newly generated townies, but will it affect existing premades?
Mad Poster
#17220 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:11 PM
Does anyone know how come CAS and Bodyshop have different clothing categories available for toddlers? My bodyshop doesn't let you view formal, but CAS does, for example.
Mad Poster
#17221 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:07 AM Last edited by gazania : 24th Sep 2014 at 4:27 AM.
It appears that my Happy Holiday SP installation is borked. Don't ask me how ... no one seems to know how or why this happens. As many of you know, this is the one SP you DON'T want to have make your life miserable, because it's intertwined with the base game. Maxon and joandsarah77 have tried their best to help me, but to no avail. My hats are gone, the beards are gone, one set of Asian clothes is gone, and my Santa has no face, beard, hat or hair. I haven't tried baby New Year/Father Time, but since FT's beard is also missing, I doubt the results will be much better. Yes, I tried the easier routes ... replacing the bundles files and objects.package. etc. It's definitely not a Downloads issue. And the stuff is still in the files. But it appears that if I want my missing content again, I will have to reinstall everything.

My question is, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being wretched and 1 being easy, how hard is it to do a complete reinstall compared with doing a reinstall on a fresh machine? I do plan to do this after the holidays, when I have more time, I'll be indoors more often, and things won't be nuts. If you uninstall correctly, according to the guide on MTS and other reputable sources, have you found serious issues as you're trying to get your game pieced together again? Or did EA do something right ... this time?

I should add ... I have physical disks.

Second question ... it appears this has happened to a few people. Did a complete reinstallation work for you? So far, from the few I've seen, the success rate is around 80%.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#17222 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:25 AM
I've reinstalled Sims 2 many times without a problem. It takes a while for all the games to install, but other than that, there's no issue if you have all discs (and if they're actually working, I once uninstalled all my Sims 2 games and when I wanted to install them again, I found out that my Seasons disc didn't work anymore ). I can't help you with your other questions though, as I never had an issue with that specific pack.
Mad Poster
#17223 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:08 AM
Gazania, I've done it a few times and, if you follow the MTS guide and check the registry, it's no big deal. The big deal is remembering which are the two-part hacks you use that have to have half installed in game files. HughLunatic's rug fix, category mods, Inteen, anything that uses scriptorium; and when you do your backup don't forget your camera mod and userstartup.cheat that aren't in downloads, either.

Just grab a good book or two and plan on a good chunk of time going into the job.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#17224 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM Last edited by gazania : 24th Sep 2014 at 3:32 PM.
Definitely sounds like a late December/January project, then ... hopefully. Thanks! I hope to use this oldie but goodie link as well to remind myself just what to check when I back up: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=46152. I will probably ditch my hoods, but I don't want to ditch my CC and certain other files.

One more question. If I recall, reinstalling is the best way to get rid of the Super Duper Hug Bug as well. If I have the Boiling Oil mod in there before I replace the lot file (I believe it's the No Sim Loaded one), will this get rid of it for good? I would presume that I should also get rid of the lot that caused it in the first place. (It apparently might have an NPC on it as well.) Will I have to get rid of all my created lots, or will deleting just that one lot suffice?

Maybe the fun task of resintalling might seem to be worth it somehow.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#17225 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:46 AM
Not sure if this mod will help, it checks a lot to see if it's safe to delete. You don't need a sim on the lot, just clicking the soccer ball while in buy mode will give a pop-up sayins it's safe or if there is a problem. http://cyjon.net/node/430

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 689 of 1000