Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 23
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#451 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 6:34 PM
ty, SO MUUUUUUCH!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#452 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 6:10 PM
Wonderful
Test Subject
#453 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 5:55 PM
thankss
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#454 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 9:54 AM
I really need some help with this. I recently posted this over on the Sims 3 official site but no one has yet responded. I don't understand how to use this program (or SimPE) to find and manipulate the files to remove the bad items:

OK this is NOT going to be short and sweet. Before you rush to cut and paste your links to the thread over on General Discussion or that Crinrict inactive blog tutorial site, or Delphi Extractor over on Mots, or Custard, or SimPE, you probably should know I've already been there, for days now, and it hasn't been pretty. I did not excel.

I only have base game Sims 3 installed and have been playing it for about a month. I knew enough from S2 to find the Downloads folder in Documents and drag and drop unzipped stuff into it. That's about all I know about CC. So far I've managed to download and install just under 70 sims from the exchange here and maybe a half dozen empty houses also from the exchange before ending up with the dreaded boots and horse body bugged CC. I thought if I steered clear of households the content would be safe, but nooooo.

I've been to the site with the bugged clothing list and think that has all been uninstalled via my Installed tab on the launcher and by deleting matching files in the Documents/EA/Sims3/DCBackup folder. I also uninstalled all Custom Content that didn't have a Type associated with it on the Installed tab. I have also uninstalled most of the CC shoes on this tab.

There are more custom shoes in Character Creation than appear on my Installed Tab though. The boots are still visible in character creation. They appear twice for females, once with a folder icon on the thumbnail and once with no icon on the thumbnail. I still can't find a way to get rid of these boots and they're causing the bugged babies and long graphic flashes.

I tried to follow the Crinrict tutorial to create and share a sim wearing the bad CC to a test folder. The sim appeared with an icon and their name and I think I extracted the two resulting package files using Delphi extractor OK. What I can't manage to do is use Custard to examine them? The site tutorials say it's for installed content only but Crinrict says to use it on the test Sims3Package? I don't think I have that kind of package? Extracting left me with two files with package extensions. And even a couple hrs with the Custard tutorial hasn't helped me to actually USE it to examine anything. Does it need to be put into a game folder to examine things OUTSIDE the game?

I tried viewing the test sim in Sim PE also as Crinrict suggested. The only thumbnail image I found didn't show footwear but the test sim wearing the footwear as it shows up in Character Creation. The second of the two package files showed a piece of furniture and some textures. I have no idea why that was packaged with a base Sim made in Character Creation wearing buggy boots? Good grief!

I thought about trying to remove CC piece by piece and then add them back in but don't have any idea how to do that without destroying the sims already saved in my existing games. Did you miss the part about where I'm really confused and don't have a clue what I'm doing? It would be nice not to lose all the characters I've spent the last few weeks setting up in my town. Gads I know this was a book but if anyone has ideas what I'm doing wrong,(Aside from playing Sims 3 and installing Exchange content) help would be much appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#455 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 10:38 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#456 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:40 PM
I love this program use it all the time and it is easy to use, but it been so long since I installed it last that I forgot how.
I love how intuitive it is to use though (just need to get it on this pc) the color godes, and the tiny Picture showing how the thing it finds look.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#457 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 10:36 AM
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! HUGS
Test Subject
#458 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 1:56 AM
First of all thanks, your tool is useful anyway but it's a very long time there's no updating on it and I'm a recent simmer (just started a couple of years ago). Sorry if I'm going to be a pain in the * but I found out I can't delete any unwanted package in each pack and "save" or "save as" cause the new pack will result impossible to open both with custard and with the multi extractor (they both give me the description error) so the only thing I can do is to open the original sims3pack by using the multi extractor then manually delete the unwanted packages using Custard just to identify them by their "names". It's a very long work and I'm going to quit the sims at all, fed up with all the bugs and lags, so if you, Delphy, or anyone else would throw me a safety net I'd be very grateful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#459 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:02 AM
Thank you !
Test Subject
#460 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 3:48 PM
Default thank you
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#461 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 8:56 PM
This is still a very useful tool for editing and finding corrupt and unwanted custom content. Still works great with 1.67 update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#462 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 6:36 PM
thx XDDD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#463 Old 1st May 2014 at 8:44 AM
Thank you very much :D
Test Subject
#464 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:07 PM
Default I love this program and its saved the day with my game crashing
I've upgraded to Mavericks recently and this program has stopped working. Any idea what it could be?
THANKS POST
#465 Old 29th May 2014 at 8:25 PM
ty :D
Test Subject
#466 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:59 AM
Warum kann man nur eine Datei auswählen? wenn ich jede einzeln überprüfen muss dann brauch ich ja stunden...
Test Subject
#467 Old 31st May 2014 at 3:44 PM
Default about 'corrupt contain another DBPF
thanks for sharing useful program.
I made this program scan my downloaded sims(they are Sims3Pack filed sims, of course).
And there was a red line. It mean one of my downloaded sim contains another DBPF.
To check more precisely, I converted that sims3pack file to package file and used simpe.
I could see SNAP picture of that sim and he wears a Disel stuff shirts.
I think that shirts causes the error about DBPF.
If I didn't have Disel stuff, I would remove him.
But I have Disel stuff and I wonder whether my plan(install the sim and play) will cause problems.
Can I install that sim or just remove him?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#468 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 1:09 AM
hi
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#469 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:49 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#470 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:15 PM
I'ts a really usefull tool for the sims and I can fix the troubles in my game
Test Subject
#471 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 7:51 PM Last edited by SweetOphelia : 8th Jul 2014 at 8:33 PM.
A message pops up when I try to use it saying something about an Unhandled Exception. I'm currently using NET version 4.0 so I don't really know what the problem is and how to fix it. I've searched high and low for a solution and I can't seem to find any. It's peculiar because if there were to be a packing with some corrupt files and I were to select all and click "Fix", the error would not pop up. However, when I strictly select the corrupt files, the error pops up.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#472 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:30 PM
Thanks for this, it's helpful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#473 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:50 PM
Love this on my pc, finding and cleaning sims downloads.
Test Subject
#474 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:19 PM
I just downloaded Custard today and gave it a try. I opened up a downloaded world, and it showed the thumbnail as corrupted (not a DBPF), so I clicked 'Fix', then 'Save As' to save it to a new file. However, when I tried opening the new file to see what it did, I got an Unhandled Exception error popup.

Here's the details from the popup --

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 649 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 649, position 1193.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at MadScience.Sims3Pack.Load(String filename)
at Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.loadFile(String filename)
at Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5477 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Sims3PackCleaner
Assembly Version: 1.0.3922.35965
Win32 Version: 1.0.3922.35965
CodeBase: file:///E:/Game%20Downloads/Simulation/Sims3/Editors/Custard/MTS_Delphy_1137490_CUSTARD/Sims3PackCleaner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MadScience.Wrappers
Assembly Version: 1.1.3830.15609
Win32 Version: 1.1.3830.15609
CodeBase: file:///E:/Game%20Downloads/Simulation/Sims3/Editors/Custard/MTS_Delphy_1137490_CUSTARD/MadScience.Wrappers.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Forum Resident
#475 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 8:50 PM
I'm having the same problem stated a few posts back. Whenever i tried to resave a sims3pack after deleting some things (only objects or cas that i don't want to have from that pack) it makes the file unusable again. Can't open it again, and if installed, the launcher crashes. any help?

here the crash info. sorry if some parts are in spanish.

Page 19 of 23