Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 11:43 AM
Default My skins don't appear anymore in Ambitions
Hi!

I had a problem whit my game and had to unistall it.

When I Installed again, I made a update with the newest versions and now I have:

Base game: version 1.17.60.009002
WA: version 2.12.8.009002
Ambitions: version 4.5.6.009001

Well, after made the updates, the game shows only the base skins and the UI mode of Rez Delnava dont work and I can't have any non default skins.

I tried put the default Lady Frontbun's skins and all the sims became black, like the picture is showing.

Before uninstall, the base game, WA and Ambitions had only the base version each one.

Please, can someone help me?
Screenshots
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 11:49 AM
If you look at the thread for Rez's mod, there's a notice at the top about what to do about that. I edited it in yesterday, I think. I think someone posted in the comments on the thread with an alternate UI mod which is updated for 1.17 too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 5:59 PM
Additionally, the format of the non-default skin definitions files was changed in the 1.17 patch, and the skin creators need to update their downloads.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 11:26 PM
Thank you all for the hints!

But, what about the default skins?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:50 AM
What happened exactly? Were all your sims normal until you installed Lady Frontbum's default replacements, and now ALL your sims have black skin?
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 10:46 AM
Exactly!

Before the update, I was using non default skins by Lady Frontbum; after the update, the non default was not working anymore and I tried the default ones. So, the sims became black (I don't know if the sims that I didn't touched became black too but the sims I made became).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:31 PM
Ah-ha! When a sim is using a non-default skin and you remove it, the game doesn't know what to use for a skin and the sim turns dead black. (It seems like logically it should go back to the default skin, but that's not what happens.) So your problem is that the non-default is missing. Lady Frontbum seems not to have updated her non-default skins - you could post in her download threads in case she doesn't know they need updating. Meanwhile:

As HystericalParoxysm said, you can still select non-defaults by putting your mouse cursor in the tone selection box containing the six game tone buttons and using the scroll wheel to scroll up and down. If that doesn't work or you don't like it, Anach has done a CAS UI mod like Rez Delnava's for 1.17/Late Night: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,17647.0.html

You can put the non-defaults back in the game and/or if necessary take the sim back into CAS with Nraas Master Controller to reset their skin to whatever you want. http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

Old-format non-default skins should still work, but they mess up the new muscle definition slider. If you don't want to wait for Lady Frontbum to update, you can download the new version of Skininator I'm going to be uploading a little later today, which will let you convert them to the new version yourself. (Only for Windows) http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=389488
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 11:04 PM
CmarNYC: surely you heared it, but I'll say again: you are AWESOME! :lovestruc
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:22 PM
I'm blushing... Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 11:55 PM
I have to thank you so much. I used your Skinator and now, the skins are working fine. :lovestruc

I don't want to abuse of your helping but, could you take a look at this thread please?

I think you'll can help me (if I made something wrong) or my friend Jakincol.

Thank you once more!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 7:38 AM
Thanks Monca for asking the question and for Cmar for providing the solution. I was wondering what was happening with my skins.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.