Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:56 PM
Default Did you create Sims that were only mentioned (i.e. Gloria Newson)?
Definitely not happy with the thread title

My question is, did you ever create sims that were only mentioned in the bios of a premade or that were never even hinted at, but could have existed believeably?

Desiderata Valley:
- For a flashback I created Gloria Newson and the houses of all the Newson kids, but not their parents. I based her on a dormie who was supposed to be her long-lost biological son. The dormie´s surname was Neumann just like the Newsons are called in my game version.
- For another flashback I gave Peter Ottomas a brother and presented the Ottomai as a swagman family, putting them in front of backgrounds that were to represent all the other neighborhoods. During the photo session the brother died in a fire that I had not planned.

Belladonna Cove:
- For my Nuclear Winter story I added Zebest Quizine, Julien Cooke´s rival. I wanted the game to surprise me and randomized a male adult sim via the tombstone of Life and Death. Well, there was a surprise, indeed: Quizine spawned with alien eyes (that he hides behind glasses). From this day on he´ll be half-alien in my headcanon.

Shepard Legacy:
- I added a playable grimmie (CAS sim with grim reaper outfit)
- Added a teenaged version of the therapist (CAS sim wearing the therapist headpiece) for flashbacks.

So far I only used those sims for storytelling purpose, but I plan to age down the Newsons in yet another incarnation, assign them their real parents and have them (as well as Gloria) live happily ever after. But I have what feels like thousands of mini challenges running, so who knows when this one will ever actually come to pass.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 11:23 PM
Gloria in my game was named Grace. She's a gorgeous adult who just graduated college majoring in Social Work. When word came about that the Newsons were parentless, Grace decided to adopt them to prevent them from being split up in the system.
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:13 AM
I put a playable Grim Reaper -- with twin Hula Zombies in tow! -- in my Strangetown. I decided that the Reaper Man needed a vacation and had him stay with his long-time girlfriend (now wife) Olive Specter. He's a very ditzy Taurus Knowledge sim, whose hobbies include attending every neighborhood welcome wagon he can. He'll let anyone hug him. Hula zombie twins Beulah and Tallulah are both Pleasure sims and very easy-going... and their presence also annoys the crap out of Olive.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:38 AM
I did re-create Gloria Newson...because with the zombie apocalypse going on in Strangetown at the moment, I needed a few more dead sims to resurrect.

I also made Tiffany Yang, a Three Lakes tourist, Trisha Traveller's sister.

I re-named the Hobby Chef to be Zebest Quizine.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:19 AM
I didn't create anyone mentioned in bios and such, but I did create some offsprings for some elder pre-mades in my megahood, I just couldn't stand letting their genes go to waste. The Oldies had one son, who just finished college, he's a romance sim, much younger than Mary-Sue who's short of becoming an elder. The Goodies had a son too, he's a popularity sim who looks a lot like Herbert, which is great because Herb has some really good genes. Lastly, Betty Goldstein had twin girls with Joe Graham from the Garden Club, I moved him into a house by himself to be the distant father. The girls have recently graduated too, both red-heads, one fortune and the other one pleasure, she has Betty's questionably beautiful eyes. I also wanted to give a child to Catherine Viejo, but with her husband dead and Cleo living in her house, I thought it was not worth the trouble.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:55 AM
I created a "Mama Ruben" for Martin and Josh, but that was mainly because I hate how the family tree looks for siblings who don't have parents because you can't see all the cousins at once. I've considered making one for the Sharp family too, but I just never got round to it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:59 AM
I gave Ashley Pitts and Heather Huffington parents and siblings.

I resurrected the ancestors of the original families of Pleasantview, in order to play out the timeline between Sims 2 and Sims 3. That town has/will have some Sims from the TS3 timeline - Ruby Broke, the Altos, Kaylynn's brother Parker. I have plans to create Malcolm Landgraab II and work him into the hood to raise Malcolm Landgraab IV, if I ever get a chance to play it again.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 8:30 AM
I made Francis J. Worthington III's parents (Francis J. Worthington, Jr. and Alicia) and grandparents (Francis J. Worthington and Matilda). The grandparents instantly died of old age, but his parents are enjoying life as elders.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I resurrected the ancestors of the original families of Pleasantview, in order to play out the timeline between Sims 2 and Sims 3. That town has/will have some Sims from the TS3 timeline - Ruby Broke, the Altos, Kaylynn's brother Parker. I have plans to create Malcolm Landgraab II and work him into the hood to raise Malcolm Landgraab IV, if I ever get a chance to play it again.

My TS3 game, should I ever get back to it, is slowly going through the same time period. The Kaylynn Langerak who appears in Pleasantview is actually Parker's daughter in my story rather than his sister - the original Kaylynn, by then Kaylynn Alvi, was murdered shortly before her niece was born and so the poor baby was named after her dead aunt.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:42 PM
I've recreated some sims mentioned in chance cards and such.
For example: Admiral Landgraab, Mimi & Dudley Landgraab (based on their Bustin Out apperances) and then that cook who I don't remember the name of, LeFromage?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:12 PM
I recreated Gloria Newson, though I did then kill her off straight away - I just wanted the Newsons to have her gravestone on their lot. Other than that I don't think that I've ever made sims mentioned in bios, etc, but I have created (extended) families for some sims - the one that springs to mind is Widespot NPC cashier Sadie Wilkie, for whom I created parents and a younger sister.

Quote: Originally posted by Enki
- For my Nuclear Winter story I added Zebest Quizine, Julien Cooke´s rival. I wanted the game to surprise me and randomized a male adult sim via the tombstone of Life and Death. Well, there was a surprise, indeed: Quizine spawned with alien eyes (that he hides behind glasses). From this day on he´ll be half-alien in my headcanon.

And now he will also be half-alien (or maybe a quarter alien, that would make more sense to me as he doesn't have green skin, presumably?) in my head-canon too! :-D
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:21 PM
I created parents, siblings, an aunt and grandparents for Francis J. Worthington. I considered creating Gloria Newson, but I haven't yet
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:48 PM
This thread makes me want to create more pre-made relatives for my megahood. I've thought of making parents to Uni students, but I'd want to make them genetically accurate and I don't know how that could be done.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 6:35 PM
What most people do is extract the student and work backwards from them, turning them into their parents in CAS. Since most Uni premades are made on a single template, rather than mix and matching them, it's not too much to assume that their parents both had the same base template; so then you can decide which features came from which parent.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#14 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
I've recreated some sims mentioned in chance cards and such.
For example: Admiral Landgraab, Mimi & Dudley Landgraab (based on their Bustin Out apperances) and then that cook who I don't remember the name of, LeFromage?

Oo! I'm not the only one who recreated Mimi and Dudley? Mostly, I did it to plague Malcolm Landgraab IV.

I also made a playable Rod Humble and put him in charge in one Asylum challenge I did years ago.
Scholar
#15 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 12:56 AM
I created Anne Howell and her brother Hoot from the Sims 2 PSP for strange town and have been trying to get Anne and Nervous Subject to date, as mentioned in Sims 2 PSP.
I prefer to make Sims from other Sims Games I have to make it feel like they all link together.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
I created Anne Howell and her brother Hoot from the Sims 2 PSP for strange town and have been trying to get Anne and Nervous Subject to date, as mentioned in Sims 2 PSP.
I prefer to make Sims from other Sims Games I have to make it feel like they all link together.

Ah yeah, I am doing that as well. I have recreated all of the sims and buildings from both The Sims 2 PSP, GBA and soon the DS-version as well,
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 2:44 PM
It really bothers me that EA didn't bother themselves create the ancestors of the family bin sims. They really seemed to not care as much about those little details, increasingly as they went on creating EPs. Would've been nice to see Gloria Newson. Zebest Quizine isn't really that significant but it would be quite interesting if he was present and enemies with Julien. Imagine all the fights and drama in all that! :P
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:47 PM
The trouble with creating family for the bin sims, MMAA, is that the stealth hoods have to be absolutely empty in order for sims to be moved from them into all the neighborhoods without corruption, as they are. So I'm just as glad they didn't - I like reusing the Ottomai, Newsons, etc., and if they'd come with dead ancestors or relationships to other bin sims, they would have had to be tied to an individual neighborhood.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:17 AM
I always thought it would be funny if they'd made the sims in the neighborhoods be the sims referenced in the buy/build catalog, and thought about making some of them, but there are far, far too many. A lot of them have very punny names, though, and would fit in nicely here and there.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:21 AM
I used to make Sims for the sole purpose of giving them these puny names. These days I seldom make my own Sims, due to high fertility rates in my hoods
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
And now he [Zebest Qizine] will also be half-alien (or maybe a quarter alien, that would make more sense to me as he doesn't have green skin, presumably?) in my head-canon too! :-D

My randomized Zebest is an S2 with black eyes, so, yes, most probably only one quarter alien. (In the neighborhood I have Zebest in there are no aliens, though. The green skin and eyes only represent various levels of mutations.)

@conversesneaker Great idea! I wish I had thought about that!
Theorist
#22 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
Mimi & Dudley Landgraab (based on their Bustin Out apperances)

Same here.

I also recreated my character from Bustin Out and because Mom in that game looks so similar to Mrs. Crumplebottom, I pretend that she is her mom.

P.S. And to think that Mrs. Crumplebottom used to be married to Malcolm Landgraab...