Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 11:24 PM
Default Any Ideas on how to create a private investigator or detective.
I would appreciate any ideas. I got meself a private investigator door, and wouldn't mind setting up a career like that in my neighborhood. I aint getting Sims 4, but don't see why i can't take some of them ideas for my Sims 2. So got me working hospital, gonna set up a few health clinics soon. New prison coming soon. Built science station, and it's full of interactive stuff. Bakery and clothes shop is easy. But detective or investigator is hard. Anybody got any ideas what things i could stick in. Got monique's computer, so detective can look busy. I also got some objects people can steal from "Carrigon's" website, maybe me detective could go and get it back or maybe go find missing kids and cats.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 11:33 PM
Well there is the career reward, the finger print scanner. You can get buyable extracted rewards. Also there is the lie detector chair.

What objects are those that they can steal?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:01 AM
Of course, the basic rewards, yep that'll work, forgot about them. Carrigon shrunk some deco objects down, things like the golden frog and the mexican donkey. Stick them in your house and your sims will steal them just like the gnomes. Unfortunately they raise the moods so are a bit cheaty.

Notes down - investigating gnome napping, and strong interrogating techniques.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:49 AM
Another idea to occupy your detective with would be to wait for a burglar (or track them down, sometimes they visit the community lots), then "arrest" them by befriending them and moving them in. The downside is that new burglars will be spawned, so you can never win and may end up with dozens of new sims character files.
The same method of arresting would also apply to sims that your detective witnessed comitting a crime on community lots (like tarting fights).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:54 AM
I can use that as well, thanks Enki.... I can go around asking everyone if they've even seen the burglar, and maybe using the networking tool to take notes and descriptions. Yep, I reckon I can do this. I'll leave the fight thing for the police station sims.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:15 AM
It would be cool if you interrogate your burglar and then when you find them, you make passionate love.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:22 AM
O_o You're warped. I'd rather beat them to a pulp, which is why I use the fight burglar mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:21 AM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:37 AM
"Anyone Fight Burglars" is Cyjon.

Buy him some "undercover" outfits and use different outfits going out with different social groups. He befriends people from the criminal classes, makes a social group with them, and informs on them.

Don't forget the bread and butter of PI work - adultery! (And insurance fraud, but nobody gets debilitating injuries in sims, so they can hardly fake them.) There must be some way to simulate him following a cheater.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#10 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 5:22 AM
Here is some photography clutter by lemonlion if you were thinking a type of PI that goes around taking pictures of who they are tailing.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 7:46 AM
You can totally fake it for insurance fraud. Use these casts here. http://modthesims.info/m/45629
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:58 PM
You know, I really didn't think it could be done. But I should have trusted the flexibility of the game and the imagination of it's community. You guys are really the best. Heck, I'll even have one of them suspect boards, just like i seen in the sims 4 video's, full of photo's and stuff. Torture me suspects in the chair, and sleep with some of them and then start questioning. This time, I'll stick people in jail that probably did something, instead of just picking anyone. I never would have thought of half this stuff alone. I knew that you guys would help me do it. Thanks a bunch. Now just got to build it.