Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2015 at 10:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game throws error and won't even start (Ultimate Collection) [more details inside]
So, I've installed TS2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, and I've added my custom content, and it was working all fine, everything was gravy. But the next time I've turned on my PC and started The Sims, it threw me a message that "The Sims 2 is not installed, or some required files has been removed. This EP needs The Sims 2. Install TS2 before starting the game". I've translated it from Polish, but that's what it says. I've reinstalled TS2 completely, then made a copy of the files. Then it was working, of course before it happened again. The files were the same except that I've installed the Ultimate Collection splash screen.

So, has anyone had this problem before? And is there a way to fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:42 PM
I suggest that you first remove your cache files and then repair your game in Origin. Then start the game while you are still signed into Origin. Repairing the game should fix it, I think. If it does not work, you might have to download it all over again.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:23 PM
If you have a registry cleaning program it's the culprit as it cleans out some TS2 keys as invalid but they are essential to UC. If you runs your registry cleaner manually you have to examine the output and exclude TS2-keys before you complete the cleaning.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th May 2015 at 8:14 PM
Open Origin and go to 'My Games' then right click on 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection' and click 'Check for updates'. Wait until it's done and your game will load.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:43 AM
Registry cleaners do wipe some of the .dll files - don't use it. If you did, repair your game in Origin (right click, choose "Repair game") and it will run fine afterwards.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th May 2015 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Registry cleaners do wipe some of the .dll files - don't use it. If you did, repair your game in Origin (right click, choose "Repair game") and it will run fine afterwards.
Repairing the game takes some time, I always check for update then it updates and I'm done in about 10 seconds.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th May 2015 at 2:44 PM
That'll only work if the update happens to check the deleted files, though, which it may not do if those files don't need updating.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.