Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:52 PM
Default Questions about Gravestones
I don't like having my gravestones being on my residental lots because I often delete their previous home, so when a sim dies, I move them to an cementary (and select your cementary when its the last sim on the lot). A while ago (or rather long time ago), I noticed something - all graveyards have gone missing from my cementary. I DO remember I have NOT done anything to delete these graves or cause them to dissappear. I have the mods that dont unlink the graves on delete and no.corrupt death before I created this hood. I also notice that I can resurect ALL of them.

But, I don't have any back up left when this happen, so I can't go back to an old copy "just to be safe". Im familiare with the Batbox option where you can retreive the gravestones by making their ghost selectable and then use the batbox option to retrieve them. But my question is:

Are retreiving all of the gravestones, which are hundreds and 4-5 generation old by now, necessary? Consider Ive the mods that dont unlink them and that I can still resurect them?
Anybody who had this issue? Ive searching a little bit about this problem. It seems like many TS2 players have lost their graves when the graves are getting really old...

I put this is in the general forum, because I rather wanted to discuss this problem, rather getting "help".
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:54 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 10th Apr 2015 at 2:57 PM. Reason: Corrected misspelled "retrive"
Use Mootilda's HoodChecker to retrieve the tombstones. http://modthesims.info/d/456523

As you say, you have the nounlinkondelete mod and nocorruptdeath so basically you don't have to retrieve the tombstones, but I'd still do it. (Just to be safe)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:00 PM
I have the Hood checker, but been a bit anxious about using it because Im not familiare with it. Long time ago, I test drived it on a megahood, it deleted playable sims.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:05 PM
Not to call you a liar or anything, but that seems extremely unlikely and anyway she put in a pop up telling you to go back up the hood before removing anything, so if used as directed it shouldn't have been a problem. There must've been something else going on there, and if you reported it to Mootilda I'm sure she looked into it. (Does anybody else miss Mootilda every freaking time they get on this newsgroup?)

Using the Hoodchecker would be a lot simpler than the batbox method, which sometimes takes several tries to spawn the tombstone, but do what you're comfortable with. A lot depends on how you want your cemetaries to look.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:07 PM
For the stones to be missing (which has happen to me) I believe it to have been caused by Belladonna Cove from meetme2theriver site which has the same internal # as Pleasantview and like Jawusa said the HoodChecker should be able to get them back but you need to have 1 lot for all of them to go to.

For some reason even changing the internal # with SimPE you will still have missing stones when using that hood. There seems to be a # that we can not see that also borks stone moving when using this hood.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:11 PM
I dont' care much about the graves as they are (colored ghosts, their aspiration look) etc, just don't want them to be reason that could bork the game in the future. Still a noob about preventing corruptions and such.

and with hood checker, its the "delete" option Ive been anxious about. I have never been a fan of using these program (same with Simpe, other than extracting sims), because Im not experienced enough with them.

edit. Marka93. the missing gravestones happened in a custom hood in my case though. :P

edit2: Penigriffin. Last time I used it was last year and that megahood is already deleted so I cant confirm it.. but when I noticed some sim bin families were gone, I got scared to use it again. But of course, I dont blame it on mootilda/hood checker. But it was the first time I used it and got confused, thats all.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:29 PM
Do back up your 'hood and then try to fix them with the HoodChecker. If there are any problems, just restore from the backed up version. I use HoodChecker with the Remove option almost every week.

One possible problem I do see though. Normally the HoodChecker would dump all the restored gravestones along the roadside, for you to arrange more neatly yourself. If though, as you say, there are hundreds, there will probably be too many for the roadside, and I don't know where it would put them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Trainee Moderator
#8 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:34 PM
AndrewGloria, normally the tombstones will be added next to the phone and all the way along the sidewalk but if you have too many of them, the game will still add them. Some of them will be on the sidewalk then.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:38 PM
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but no, you don't need the gravestones to be around. Players usually want them back when they go missing, for sentimental reasons, not because they're necessary in any way.
Inventor
#10 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
AndrewGloria, normally the tombstones will be added next to the phone and all the way along the sidewalk but if you have too many of them, the game will still add them. Some of them will be on the sidewalk then.

Add to where then. Florentzina talked about hundreds of graves..
I can't imagine they all fit on that sidewalk.
Trainee Moderator
#11 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:45 PM
I once had three rows of tombstones in my neighborhood. So it depends on the lot size. It may not transfer all of the tombstones if it's on a 2x2 or 1x1 lot but if you have a 6x5 lot, then I don't think any tombstones will be missing.

My Simblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:46 PM
Its a medium sized lot (3x3 i think?). I think I would have 180 or so graveyards by now. (my characters are 370, 10-20 are npc, 180 are playable).

Edit: I was thinking of spawning a cas sims who could act as a graveyard keeper and live on a large lot, unplayable, but since the others one are on a community lot, Im not sure how to transfer all of the existing graves to his/her lot. o.O
Trainee Moderator
#13 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:48 PM
You can try it out. You may need a bigger lot. My graveyards are always 5x6 or 5x5 lots.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:31 PM
Funny thing about experience - it doesn't accumulate if you don't do the work! If you use these tools, you'll learn how to use them. And backing up the game first makes it risk-free!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#15 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:12 AM
I added in Downtown as a secondary Downtown because I wanted the Sims in it for my first downtown, and found that it was empty. The Green Goither Graveyard and House of fallen trees had no Graves. Checking on SimPE and the Hood Checker my Neighborhood had all the Tricou family with complete data. I read somewhere that the second Downtown you create will be empty.

I plan to delete Downtown after finding all the Sims and Resurrecting them. Would the House of Fallen trees and graveyard still contain references to their Graves or not?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but no, you don't need the gravestones to be around. Players usually want them back when they go missing, for sentimental reasons, not because they're necessary in any way.

This is true as long as you have the mod "nounlinkondelete" in at the time that the gravestones disappeared. If you don't have the mod, then corruption can occur when you delete a tombstone. The mod doesn't fix the mess, it just prevents it, so you need it in advance.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
This is true as long as you have the mod "nounlinkondelete" in at the time that the gravestones disappeared. If you don't have the mod, then corruption can occur when you delete a tombstone. The mod doesn't fix the mess, it just prevents it, so you need it in advance.
It seems to me that those are two different things. Even if you didn't have nounlinkondelete and the tombstones disappeared and corruption happened, you still don't need the tombstones back and they wouldn't fix anything (this was about urns disappearing, not getting purposefully deleted by the player).
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:40 AM
Deleted or disappearing amounts to the same thing. I'm uncertain as to whether restoring deleted tombstones prevents corruption if done quickly enough without nounlink.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:42 PM
If the character data are shredded (as they are on deletion), you can't respawn the gravestone. The gravestone is the sim - it accesses all the character data in the same way a sim avatar does. Nounlinkondelete and Nocorruptdeath are designed to prevent shredding of the data when something happens to the tombstone. If they are functioning properly, the presence or absence of the tombstone shouldn't matter. Personally even with them I feel more comfortable with a tombstone.

Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 16th Apr 2015 at 4:53 PM.
Rather than creating a new thread. Ive another question related to the grave.

Is it safe to convert the current community graveyard I have my non-dissappeared graves on to a residental lot and then move a sim there to move them to a bigger lot? Or any other suggestions - How do you move graves from one community lot to another? I dont really like using the inventory for this.

Also, I plan to do this in the slow way - using batbox to summon the diseased sims to get the urn back. Since people said they were not 100% necessary since Ive the unlinkondelete and nocorrupt death, I will re.add the graves as I play instead.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:31 PM
Actually, using the inventory to move graves seems to be the best method as it preserves the ghost's colour (the ghost must have appeared already before you move him, if you want your ghosts to later haunt the graveyard). Just don't keep them in there for no reason or while the sim moves out, dies, ..... Have the sim pick up the urn/tombstone, send him to the graveyard, have him place the tombstone where you want and leave.

Oh, and a useful little tip for when you respawn your tombstones: remember to issue another random command as explained here, to prevent the other sims from getting a memory about the ghost dying again. Those memories are not an issue but better prevent their creation if possible, since they're wrong and no one died again.