Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 5:28 AM
Default Curious About Crashes & Groups Cache
One of the standards of playing Sims 2 is that once your game becomes so large it is important to delete the accessories and groups caches in order to speed loading times. My understanding is that the game will create both of these folders as needed. One of the things I've noticed over the years is that often when I have crashes the game does not actually create a new groups cache folder. The accessories cache is generated, but the group cache will be missing.

I've done some searching and haven't found anything about this I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts on why the groups cache might not be generating or if it could somehow be potentially connected to certain types of crashes or problems.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 7:31 AM
I have to do that. I have an ass ton of CC so I have to delete those before I play everytime.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 10:53 AM
I think the groups cache is created during save-and-quit.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 1:03 PM
Yes Lucy, you're right, it is made as you quit the game. If your game crashes, it doesn't go through the routine to create it. I just wanted to point out that deleting groups.cache and other cache-type files doesn't speed the loading of the game - in fact it makes it slightly slower - but it is often a good idea because sometimes something gets saved in groups.cache which will prevent the game loading. It's the first thing to do if you have problems.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc