Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 26th May 2015 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tellexo
Not sure what the point of this was - Wanted to throw in your two cents?

Yeah, pretty much. I didn't like your casual abelism. I especially didn't like your childish "it doesn't mean that here! You can't tell me what to do, you're not my mom!" tantrum when you were called out on it. If you really are a grown-up, accept that the internet is a global community and what's acceptable language in your particular area of the world is not going to be the same everywhere.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
It's a good year to boycott them

I'm not sure if that would send the right message to EA.

Boycotting The Sims 4, EP's and SP's may work in getting them to think about how to best approach The Sims 5 and perhaps be open about it in order to avoid lost sales, if that will ever be a thing. However, if you boycott the entire company that would be sending the message that you don't like the business as a whole.
Scholar
#78 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:10 AM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 28th May 2015 at 6:53 AM.
I am convinced that the petition and it's meaning will reach them.

Edit: I am also convinced that Disagree person didn't read carefully.

Edited Edit : I specifically did not claim that they will do something with the petition. I was just saying that it will reach them :p
Scholar
#79 Old 27th May 2015 at 6:01 PM
Here's a story about how a very large company was forced to reverse a very unpopular policy decision due to outcry on social media.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruis...d-ban/27970863/

I've been researching cruises for an upcoming vacation so I happened to be lurking on the Cruise Critic forums at the time this drama happened. Various people told the 'complainers' that there was no point in complaining, that the company was too big to listen to forum complaints. They were wrong.

Of course, the complainers over there weren't getting their threads locked.
Theorist
#80 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:57 PM Last edited by TheRealLovecat : 28th May 2015 at 1:11 AM.
Maybe that's what we need. It just so happens that I'm looking for submissions for my cause. #TS4FamilyFirst .. We need to tell EA that we want more family based interactions and toddlers! Tweet, tumble or send me a PM here with photos, stories or just your hopes for the future of the series.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Masterpiece
@Tellexo
I guess the problem was to throw in the word you didn't know would be offensive, and then come up with the most childish attitude in the world, saying you don't care. As it made matters worse, you are now trying to rise up as a victim. Reading the topic, that's how I felt.

That being said, I haven't played TS4 for weeks now. Didn't even bother buying the Luxury pack. I usually loose interest in games, but never that quickly. They need a mind blowing expansion next.

Lol, I was not trying to rise up as a victim, I actually WAS a victim, having people pick at me since I started this post. Beleive what you want, I was just defending myself and thats that.
I do agree with your on-topic sentance of needing a mind blowing expansion.

Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Yeah, pretty much. I didn't like your casual abelism. I especially didn't like your childish "it doesn't mean that here! You can't tell me what to do, you're not my mom!" tantrum when you were called out on it. If you really are a grown-up, accept that the internet is a global community and what's acceptable language in your particular area of the world is not going to be the same everywhere.

Well this thread isnt about me and my attitude. Keep on topic please. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:29 AM
Uh oh, insults are being thrown around? People are arguing against op? Tellexo, you're only hurting yourself and your cause by lashing (sorry for lack of words) back at people who say your petition won't work. Yea, you're going to get lots of discouraging posts for trying to get people to sign your petition, but you have to keep a cool, calm and collected head. It might not -work if you don't. A lot of famous people and non-famous people have had discouraging words thrown against them, but they never gave up. Some even ignore or replied calmly to the "backlash" (sorry, lack of words. TV goooood). Heck, I even get discouraged and depressed and angry, but I keep my focus on my dreams and smile when I accomplish a small goal. If you don't like what people say, you don't have to reply or kindly explain what you are trying to do and your concern for this game/franchise. If you are going to be a leader, you have to have some compassion, understanding, patients, optimism, faith, trust, pixie dust...??? Anyways, I'm not fully here and I hope that this conflict here will simmer down. Hehe, sim-mer.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 28th May 2015 at 6:01 AM Last edited by MLMII : 28th May 2015 at 6:20 AM.
Eh ... my stance tends to lean towards petitions like this as being valuable only in the sense that it allows people to vent ... in order to actually be effective you'd have to either be capable of rising SJW levels of false outrage capable of reaching the ear of a dev that is already sympathetic to your cause OR show the same level of polish and dedication that goes into voter ballot initiatives in addition to having an effective delivery method to someone high enough in the food chain to both care about the issue as well as having power to do anything about it.

As it is, what I looked at doesn't rise to either so .... meh.

*Edit*

As a couple of examples, I especially loved the profanities and the fact that apparently the former PotUS is also outraged enough over the state of Sims 4 to ... sign an internet petition.
Scholar
#84 Old 28th May 2015 at 7:15 AM
Petitions Schmetitions. EA has their numbers you know. Those carefully obtained scientific trademarked numbers that tell them a completely different story. It will tell them that the petition was an initiative from the wrong people. And the right people didn't do a petition so now they will ask questions like 'If a customer doesn't know about The Sims 4, can The Sims 4 then even be considered a bad game to that customer? '. 'And assuming that there are more potential customers that don't know yet about The Sims 4, does that also mean that this majority of people doesn't consider The Sims 4 a bad game? ' And then some EA minions go 'Oooh Aaaah! So true! The Sims 4 can be anything! Praise The Potential!' and then they lick the floor of where the EA proph.. ehh.. guru walks on their way to unveil the Everything-Will-Be-Alright machine, in which they enter these questions and the machine will go 'Bzzzzzz brrrr Ohhhh Great Question! MMmhhhmmmm! But don't you worry now little minions, everything will be alright!' And then they do drugs and forget all about that horrible petition.

Wish I could dream this kind of weird stuff
Mad Poster
#85 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Wish I could dream this kind of weird stuff
I think you just did.

I think we've also gotten off-topic, but I am dying to know if this is true
Quote: Originally posted by MLMII
As a couple of examples, I especially loved the profanities and the fact that apparently the former PotUS is also outraged enough over the state of Sims 4 to ... sign an internet petition.
or were you just being funny? (Please be true!)

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 29th May 2015 at 7:29 AM
Unfortunately, EA stopped listening to its fans a loooong time ago. The features they keep trotting out vs. what its fanbase want clearly show that: being able to update to facebook from in-game? being able to tweet from in-game? They're simply hopping on whatever's popular at the moment, rather than paying any real attention to what we, those who've spent hundreds of money, have to say.

This is why I never bought Sims 3: after reading through all the threads complaining about what was changed/how messed up the gameplay and features were, as well as seeing what the game itself looked like from pictures, I realized that my well-modded Sims 2 was a far better option, and I stuck with it. I can honestly say that I don't regret that decision.

Replacing one feature with another will only lead to anger from fans, so why not just take the time and work on it properly? Take pride in one's work? At some point they've got to realize that going with every fad won't get them anywhere, and that courting the wrong demographic, instead of the ones who'll actually pay their bills, is a very bad idea.

I'll think about this petition, but honestly, this isn't about being entitled. This is about how they keep giving their loyal fans bad customer service and don't expect any kind of retribution.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 31st May 2015 at 7:14 AM
VerDeTerre ... sadly I wasn't being funny, when I wrote my post someone claiming to be George W Bush was indeed one of the seventy people who had signed the OP's petition; I can't be bothered to care enough to check it again or even see if the support comments can/were editable or not.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MLMII
VerDeTerre ... sadly I wasn't being funny, when I wrote my post someone claiming to be George W Bush was indeed one of the seventy people who had signed the OP's petition; I can't be bothered to care enough to check it again or even see if the support comments can/were editable or not.
Ah - thanks for the explanation, I didn't understand where it came from. That is very interesting.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 4 of 4