Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How make the bugJarTimeDecay cheat work correctly?
First of All, Hello. I Tried many times to do this cheat work, using the UserStartup, using the cheat box and nothing, after 5 or 6 Hours all the fireflies die.

Well, what's the more apropriate way to do this cheat work ? There Are any mod for this? And, is a little silly, but, the cheat is truly activated with On or Off?

Thanks for your help.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 1:10 AM
You want the decay off, so the cheat should be activated with "off". It seems a bit counter-intuitive until you actually read what the cheat is doing. (Like the Dorm specific tools enabled, which is false if you want to be building an addition to the dorm. That caught me for a -long- time)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You want the decay off, so the cheat should be activated with "off". It seems a bit counter-intuitive until you actually read what the cheat is doing. (Like the Dorm specific tools enabled, which is false if you want to be building an addition to the dorm. That caught me for a -long- time)

Okay, look, my UserStartup.cheat is like that:

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
boolprop useshaders true
boolProp ShowCatalogePFlags true
boolProp ControlPets on
boolProp petActionCancel true
bugJarTimeDecay off

( Each cheat is separated by a blank line )

All the cheats work correctly, except the bugJarTimeDecay, as I also read on other sites, if there is a cheat under the bugJarTimeDecay, this cheat does not work, so I always leave for last. Perhaps one or some of these cheats I use 'upsets' the bugJarTimeDecay.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 6:53 PM
It may be that the bugJarTimeDecay cheat is like "aging off" in that cannot be used in a UserStartup but must be done from within a particular lot. Have you gotten it to work with just the console window and not the UserStartup file?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
It may be that the bugJarTimeDecay cheat is like "aging off" in that cannot be used in a UserStartup but must be done from within a particular lot. Have you gotten it to work with just the console window and not the UserStartup file?

Yes. And Don't Work