Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 8:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mod the Sims Vs. Mcafee
Hi,

I was just wondering why does my Mcafee say that Mod the Sims is a dangerous site? When no more than an hour ago I was on this site and Mcafee said it was fine (had the green tick and I was actually in the forums).

I was just wondering whether that happens to other people? I know MTS is safe, but for some reason Mcafee disagrees with this.

I was just wondering whether anyone could give me answers (I did a quick scan and nothing showed up...so I'm confused)

Thank You.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 8:31 PM
Probably two reasons:
1) Someone got a bad ad on MTS, but didn't report it, so we can't do anything about it.
2) McAfee is shit.

You should be able to ignore McAfee's warnings and use MTS anyway, and in a few days, when we've racked up a bunch of safe visits from McAfee users, it'll stop worrying. You should also consider upgrading to a reliable, free antivirus such as Avast! or Avira - that's not directly relevant to your question... it's just a good idea to have an effective antivirus running.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 10:08 PM
Thank You Nysha.

For a second there I thought I got a virus....Oh Thank Goodness. -phew-

Yes I have been told that Mcafee is crap, but my laptop is second hand from my mum and she had it on there and she trusts them. (Plus she paid for the subscription). So I've never bothered to change it, but that will change when I can finally afford a super duper fast slick laptop (which I will then probably come back here and look up recommendations)...until then I'll wait until this thing packs up.

But thank you for your quick response.