Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 7:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Buy and build mode problem
Recently I installed my sims 2 back onto my laptop and it has good performances, it handles The Sims 3 well, but since I have installed it ,when I am in buy or build mode and I take an object and when I put it down, the screen ,sort of, breaks. I mean, it shows parts of the correct image, but it also shows parts of the garden even though I set to full walls. The parts are in squares and rectangles. It annoys me so much because you can get rid of it only if you move the camera, but it's really annoying.It's hard to describe and I would give you a screenshot, but when I take the shot, you can see a nice full correct image with no irregular pieces. I have already tried to change to every possible resolution with no effect. Anyone with a suggestion?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 7:44 PM
Did you try changing the smooth edges setting?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:03 PM
No, I asked you on the previous thread. Where can I find them?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:05 PM
In TS2, click Options -> Graphics Options. There's a slider on the right of that panel marked Smooth Edges (or it might be Antialiasing, depending on your game language).

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:06 PM
Oh, I see it but it's greyed out.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:45 PM
Okay, take a look at this thread for info on how to re-enable that option (it's a bit hard to follow, but you should be ok if you read it a few times over): http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=4564
Once you've got the option re-enabled, you'll be able to change the smooth edges setting, and that will fix the glitch.