Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 10:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Character File in Custom 'Hood
Hello MTS, today and yesterday have encountered this message from the Hood Checker:
[IMG][/IMG]
(Now the "Fixed" portion is to remind myself that this is the change log for that particular hood).

To hopefully fix the situation, should I enter SimPE to address the issue? Or is this a irreversible situation and death of a hood?
Additonial Information about current topic: I went back over my saved Hood Checker Results (saved ever since the "Missing Graves" incident) and I saw it there as well, which I did not catch. Also, I did some checks and removals for some Hoods (12/29) and only this Hood in particular had missing character files.

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 11:57 PM
I searched all of the objects.package files for this GUID, but it wasn't found.

The most likely explanation is that you have a mod which contains user data for SimID 0x3cb95323. You can check this by searching your downloads for an OBJD with a GUID of 0x3cb95323.

If you've removed mods which contain user data, you should consider reinstalling those mods, since they cannot be removed safely.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The most likely explanation is that you have a mod which contains user data for SimID 0x3cb95323. You can check this by searching your downloads for an OBJD with a GUID of 0x3cb95323.

I scanned the downloads folder. And found this:
[IMG][/IMG]
Boxed in orange is the "sim" in question. Circled in red is the matching GUID to the SimID. Oddly enough, it shows up as a Maxis object. Now how exactly did a sim get in there? Is the next step removing her/it?

Site Helper
#4 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 4:16 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 31st Dec 2013 at 4:28 AM.
No. If you remove that mod, then you will have deleted a sim incorrectly, leaving invalid references spread through your neighborhood, and causing instant corruption.

The correct thing to do is to always have that package available. The easiest way to do that is probably to move that mod to your Characters subfolder, so that the user data becomes a part of your neighborhood.

Note that if you leave this mod in your Downloads folder, then this character is likely to be added to every neighborhood that you play.

You'll definitely want to understand what the mod is and why it's created a new sim in your neighborhood. Some mods like this consist of a number of different packages, some of which contain user data and cannot be deleted, and some of which perform the rest of the functionality of the mod and can be safely removed. As long as you don't remove the user data, you should be safe.

There's a thread about this issue. I think that this is it:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/showthread.php?t=496887
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 4:56 PM
Alright, I read up on that thread last night and this morning. So I assume I want to move the offending file to the neighborhood's character sub folder in which it was initially found? Also, you and in thread linked above, mentioned multi-package mods. I recently removed Inteen. I suppose I should see if that would add character files? This is the Only mod I have put in and taken out in the past two years.

Site Helper
#6 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer9000
I assume I want to move the offending file to the neighborhood's character sub folder in which it was initially found?
That's my recommendation. It keeps the user data with your neighborhood and IIRC allows SimPE and the HoodChecker to find the user data.

Some people prefer to keep the mod in their Downloads folder, but it's easier to accidentally delete it if it's not in the Characters subfolder.

Quote: Originally posted by Simmer9000
I recently removed Inteen. I suppose I should see if that would add character files?
I don't believe that inteen creates NPCs, but it can't hurt to check.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:23 PM
There is no character data in InTeen.

Every hood you have open when that mod is in has the character in so be careful about it.

Have you downloaded any houses and install them, this is one way to get them.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:47 PM Last edited by Simmer9000 : 31st Dec 2013 at 8:48 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
There is no character data in InTeen.

Every hood you have open when that mod is in has the character in so be careful about it.

Have you downloaded any houses and install them, this is one way to get them.

Hmm. Houses can do that too? Interesting. Well, I've only downloaded houses from this site recently (but there are some before from The Exchange).
Most recently have to be:
Behind the 8-Ball
Za Xi's Restaurant of Nowhere
Berry Bay Public Library
To save some time (as the list would be long) there are some more by triciamanly, ChatherineTCJD, iCad's "Earth Muffin" Cabin, along with some other misc. housing I would happily provide the creator info for if necessary.
HOWEVER, when typing out this list I had remembered that I had downloaded Phaenoh's Sci-Fi Starter Families recently. Could those be the problem possibly?
EDIT: The houses with sims (as mentioned above) have not placed. They are merely in the Lots and Houses bin still.

Site Helper
#9 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 9:58 PM
Lots from MTS are safe. Lots from the exchange likely contain lots of garbage. You should never install a lot without checking what CC has tagged along for the ride, using the Clean Installer.

Placing the lots is irrelevant. What matters is what CC is packaged with the lot, and installed into your Downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 10:18 PM
Lots from MTS are safe. Lots from the exchange likely contain lots of garbage. You should never install a lot without checking what CC has tagged along for the ride, using the Clean Installer.

Placing the lots is irrelevant. What matters is what CC is packaged with the lot, and installed into your Downloads folder.

The ones from the exchange didn't come with CC but they probably have some junk with them. Some of the lots from here did contain CC though. That might be the cause. Should I re-download and check with Clean Installer? Or go back to the download page and see the "CC Included" section and test without it?

Site Helper
#11 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 12:16 AM
No, that's not likely the cause. MTS doesn't allow people to upload lots with mods attached, unlike the exchange. There's no reason to believe that this mod was included with an MTS lot. However, if it was included with an MTS lot (very very unlikely), then you should report the download.

Lots from the exchange usually include a lot of CC, including mods. That can be dangerous, since mods are often EP-specific and gameplay-changing. The exchange is known for all of the junk (CC, including mods) that is included in the Sims2Packs.

What's more, you've already added that NPC to your neighborhood. Re-downloading a lot isn't going to remove the NPC. Instead, be sure to use the Clean Installer to install all lots, and be careful about what CC (including mods) you install in the future. This kind of problem won't occur if you understand what you're downloading and installing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 1:34 AM
What's more, you've already added that NPC to your neighborhood. Re-downloading a lot isn't going to remove the NPC. Instead, be sure to use the Clean Installer to install all lots, and be careful about what CC (including mods) you install in the future. This kind of problem won't occur if you understand what you're downloading and installing.

Thanks Mootilda, I'll do that in the future. And thank you for your help on this topic.