Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 3:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help with beach lot guide
Placing this in technical since it's a game mecanics issue.

I downloaded some beach lots from Modthesims the trouble was that I couldn't place them in my game . I could place an empty 5x5 lot but not the premade one, so I set out to google for a solution and found this great guide here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=278903 .

Now the guide is very easy to follow so that's not the problem the problem is that the guide lells you to use certain buttons to edid the terrain in neighborhood weiw. Now to my issue. I have a swedish keyboard and the buttons I need to use aren't in the same locations or even the same buttons (for example if I'm told in a game to press tilde ~ the button I should press has § symbol at the bottom of the button and a ½ symbol at the top. the ~ is all the way on the other side of the keyboard. Now what I need to know is what buttons I should use on my keyboard cause when I tried finding them it doesn't seem to work. The buttons on an american keyboard are theese three /, [ and ] the one I need most according to the gude is the [ that raise the terrain. Now I've seem to have found two buttons that actually has any effect but thoose both seem to lower the terrain.

Wondering if anyone could tell me what the corresponding buttons to the ones above would be on my swedish keyboard since I can't seem to be able to get it right myself. And I need to delete and redo the whole neighborhood everytime I do something wrong since the neighborhood weiw doesn't have an undo button.

Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 6:04 PM
[ and ] are the same keys that you use to move objects up and down on walls, if you know how to do that?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 3:26 PM
No I don't, but this helps :-) I can try that in game without screwing up my entire neighboorhood :-) When trying with the beach lots if I did something wrong the whole neighborhood got destroyed since you couldn't undo it.
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 3:37 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 8th Jan 2014 at 5:49 PM.
That's why we always suggest that you backup your save game before doing something new. If things go wrong, restore from your backup and everything will be back to normal.

Note that getting beach lots to fit into a neighborhood is difficult, even with terrain modifications (unless you know for certain exactly what modifications are needed). Even things like rotating a beach lot can cause it to crash.

The LotAdjuster (see my profile) can fix crashing beach lots, by changing the lot edges to match the neighborhood.