Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 3:11 AM
Default Problem with the alpha layer
Well, I have created a pattern, and I want it to have four layers. My problem is that when I try to save it, i get an error message saying "too many channels (5)"
How can I solve this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:35 PM
Five channels is really too many. How do you create the alpha channel?

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:29 PM
I create it in the channels tab of photoshop, clicking the create new channel icon.
I have in total the RGB changel, the red, the green and the blue channel... and the alpha.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 11:29 PM
I have no idea about Photoshop, but clicking the "new channel" icon in GIMP brings similar problems. In GIMP, you either right-click a layer and select "add alpha channel" or create a transparent image (which automatically has alpha)

I think that creating a new transparent image in Photoshop should create an alpha channel automatically.

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:49 AM
Make sure your image is flattened (in the layers palette menu). It needs to have just one layer, and it needs to show up in the layers tab as "background" not "layer 0" or "layer 1". Any non-background layer has transparency info and that's where the fifth channel comes from. This true even the layer doesn't have any transparent parts and there are no other layers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:35 PM
Ok, BabaYaga, incredibly, that was the problem, this was driving me crazy, because I did not have other layer. Thank you.