Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 9:49 PM
Default Morph States
Hi! I've just finished a new mesh for a top. I've done the fat morph too, adapting the new parts on my mesh to the original fat mesh. I did both as a separated .ms3d files, and I'm a little lost: I exported the fat morph as a normal .simgeom file and imported it back with the new mesh. Then, a lot of messages saying "Hashed Bone (bone code) not in skeleton" appear, and when I try to use the AutoNum tool a message saying "Base vertex count does not macth morph group 1 vertex count" appears. I'm probably doing something wrong, since this is the first time I attempt with morph states. Any help is appreciated, I hope my explanation is not so confusing as I think it is XD

Thanks! ^-^
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:39 PM
The "Hashed Bone" error means you're not loading the specific skeleton for that mesh and the Milkshape importer is using the default skeleton. In most cases you can ignore this.

When you imported the morph mesh, did you change the comments to flag it as a morph? Also is it underneath the base mesh in the groups tab?
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:41 PM
Yes and yes. I guess maybe they don't have the exact same vertex count?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 12:33 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 2nd Dec 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Already discussed many times, you simply should not combine meshes(especially the morphs) into one.
Some morphs have indeed more or less vertices then the base mesh, its how EA build the meshes.
The moment you try to splitup those morphs its data gets screwed.

Wes H knew this when he made the GEOM im/exporter for CTU and build in some kind of check so that it refuses to export when the data is messed up.
With TSRW's WSO exporter you will be able to export frenkensteined meshes but most of them will deforme when ingame/CAS.
The best way and the only way(in my opinion) is to use a 2 group fullbodyoutfit and load both parts you want to combine in them and set it to toponly.

Believe me when i say i was frustrated trying so many times, it is possible with sims 2 meshes then why not with sims 3 meshes?
If you still want to create one mesh(one meshgroup) there is just one solution, duplicate your combined base mesh and make 4 new morphs out of it.

Edit,
the error your getting might be related to the meshgroup comments.
If you made the morph as ms3d file there was prolly a skeleton there.
Since you can not export a morph by itself(need to do this in combination with the base mesh) you prolly saved it as base mesh wich contains the bone data etc.

-You might want to try to export your morph as obj file(it will kill all data, like a skeleton and boneassignements)
-Start new and import the base mesh with the GEOM plugin
-Import the morph obj file
-Fix the names and comments
-Use the autonum tool
-then export both.
-If the autonum tool still gives a error you better start over...
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 2:55 PM
So it's harder than I thought it was XD
Well, I have free time now, I can try and try and try... Thanks! ^-^
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 3:09 AM
I was wondering, what's the value to use with the AutoNumb tool when making hairs and accessories?
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 3:40 PM
i forgot bout the hair and accesoires dont need em unless you want them sliderenabled.(so that the accesoire moves along with the body when the sliders are used, if needed. The range you then need is 40000 or higher)
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 5:31 PM
Ok I'll try that value, thanks! ^-^
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 6:13 PM
Keep in mind that your accesoire will conflict with other custom ones if both accesoires are used and share the same vertID numbers.
I always use a diffrent range on each accesoire i make.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 6:33 PM
What's the maximum range we could go up to? Theoretically, could we just go with 800813580081358008135 to be safe? :P

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 7:22 PM
@Bloom: like 40000, 40001, 40002, etc? Same thing with hairs?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 8:05 PM
That would only work if your accessory only has one vertex. As an example let's say you have an accessory with 300 vertices; if you start that accessory at 40000, then it will take up 40000-40300, and if any other accessories/hairs/clothes use any of the numbers in that range, the morphs will break. So the next accessory would have to start at at least 40301.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
What's the maximum range we could go up to? Theoretically, could we just go with 800813580081358008135 to be safe? :P

dont know, should try it one day..

Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
@Bloom: like 40000, 40001, 40002, etc? Same thing with hairs?

yes, but you use Wes H his autonumtool for this
You dont want to number each vertex by hand.

Or....like whiterider said(not 100% sure wat you ment.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 3:16 AM
Oh, got it! It's a more complicated than I thought, but I guess I just need some practice. Thanks! ^-^
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#15 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 1:54 PM
The maximum starting vertex number for each lod that the BGEO can handle would be 2,147,483,647, or 4,294,967,295 if it uses unsigned integers for this field, which is likely. BTW MorphMaker can only do the lower maximum number but I could change that if someone needs it. Same for the maximum number of vertices per lod the BGEO can (theoretically) handle. (Personally I don't want any mesh with 4,294,967,295 verts in my game. )

Also it's worth knowing that if there are gaps in the vertex numbers in a lod - for example if the main mesh using 5000 - 5320 and there's a second group or add-on part using 500,000 - 500,100 - the BGEO will include empty entries for all those vertices in-between as if the lod was using 5000 - 500,100 and had 495,100 verts. (MorphMaker checks for such things, btw. TSRW sounds like it does its own vertex renumbering.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 2:59 PM
Cmar, I was wondering, if I want to add morph states to an accessory/hair with your tool, should I pick the "Clothing" option under "Make morphs"? Or this won't work? Are you going to add new options for them if using "clothing" doesn't work?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#17 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
Cmar, I was wondering, if I want to add morph states to an accessory/hair with your tool, should I pick the "Clothing" option under "Make morphs"? Or this won't work? Are you going to add new options for them if using "clothing" doesn't work?

I've never actually done morphs for an accessory or a hair, but it looks like the morphs for them work like clothing. You'd just import the correct lods for whatever you're doing. If you have problems please let me know and I'll look at it in more detail.
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 11:09 PM
I'll test it today and tell you Cmar. Thanks for all your help!