Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 1:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Default I can change my sim's life state but my sister can't?
My sister and I both play The Sims 3, but we found a problem that came up. I'm not sure if it's a bug/glitch, me being uninformed or something else entirely. I have the Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons and University Life expansions, and my sister only has the High End Loft Stuff and Late Night expansions. I want to make a note that we DO NOT own the Supernatural expansion packs but we're both patched to 1.67. Our problem is that in my game I have the option to change life states, but my only options are Ghost and Vampire. The Supernatural occults still appear as an option, but they're greyed out because I don't have the Supernatural EP. In her game though, there is no option to change life states, be it Ghost or Vampire. The only other thing worth mentioning is that I use mods (Nraas and various mods hosted here) but I can't seem to think of why the life state option would show up in my game and not hers. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it some random glitch in my game, or is it something wrong with hers?

Edit: When I talk about changing life states, I mean the option in CAS under the sims name, not an option in Master Controller.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:51 AM
I know that NRAAS lets you change a Sim's life state if you use MasterController's "Edit in CAS" option, even if you don't have Supernatural, but I don't think it enables it with CAS from the Edit Town/Set-up screen. BUT, if you're using mods, and she isn't, that might be your answer.

I think it's because the option to change life states is dummied out if you don't own Supernatural, but NRAAS might enable the code for it. If you want a definitive answer, ask on NRAAS' website.

One other possibility that might exist is that University Life or Pets is the one enabling CAS life states, but I can't confirm because those are the two expansion packs that you own, but I do not.