Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:51 PM Last edited by proxiehunter : 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is it possible to make a sim selectable without making them the active family?
I seem to recall in Sims 2 you could use boolprop to make a sim outside your household temporarily selectable. Is there any way to do that in the Sims 3 without adding them to the family you're currently playing or making their family the active family?

I'm trying to set up a scene with Pose Player but one of the sims is outside my active family and I don't want to switch their family to active and risk my main family getting all new careers before I switch back.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:38 PM
If you have Showtime, and have a Genie then you can do that. I can't remember what it's called, it's been ages since I played a genie, but I know they can do it. You click a person, then I think you have to click "Genie..." And then.. I cant remember what it's called but you'll see it. Enchant? I think it lasts something like 4 - 6hrs, you control them as if they're in the household and I'm pretty sure their plumbob is purple.

Or, anther option is use testingcheatsenabled true, shift+click the person, add to active household, and then move them out when you're done.

Hope I helped
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:42 PM
Hah! I just remembered! It's called "Enscorcel"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lauren_Cheerio
If you have Showtime, and have a Genie then you can do that. I can't remember what it's called, it's been ages since I played a genie, but I know they can do it. You click a person, then I think you have to click "Genie..." And then.. I cant remember what it's called but you'll see it. Enchant? I think it lasts something like 4 - 6hrs, you control them as if they're in the household and I'm pretty sure their plumbob is purple.

Or, anther option is use testingcheatsenabled true, shift+click the person, add to active household, and then move them out when you're done.

Hope I helped

I'd considered the second option but it would involve ripping a child sim out of her home and then kicking her out onto the street. Someone in another thread suggested an obvious solution I hadn't thought of though of saving the game, adding her to my family, taking the screen caps, then restoring the save to before I added her so I'm marking this one solved and posting the solution for anyone else who has the question. .