Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2014 at 10:27 PM Last edited by OrangeJuicy : 17th Apr 2015 at 9:21 PM. Reason: Updates
Default The Guardian Challenge
Backstory:

Here is the Sims 4 version!

Fire. It engulfed your house before it took your family with it. You can still hear the piercing screams of your loved ones. You shudder as you recall the memories. A fire broke out in the middle of the night out of nowhere. You were up caring for your toddler, when you smelled the smoke. You looked out into the hallway and saw the fire. You couldn’t make it to your child, or spouse, without risking your toddler’s life. So you ran. You ran outside just in time to see your house collapse into flames. You could see your child’s room, engrossed in flames. Hear your spouse’s cries as they were burned alive. And you just stood there. Doing nothing. You hold yourself as the reason why they died. You'll never forgive yourself. After the funeral, you were approached by your great aunt, who mentioned that your father is still in the hospital, but the doctors are thinking about granting him to a family member and see how he transitions back into normal life. You forgot in the past week that your father was emitted into the local mental facility after he was in a car accident months ago, and lost his memory, making him a risk to those around him. You thank your aunt for bringing him up, and say that you need a new change of scenery anyway, so you’d be more than interested in getting your father, and living with him.

Goal:

Have your father die peacefully from old age and allow your toddler to become at least a teenager.

Create – A – Sim:

Create an Adult Sim (not a YA due to the fact that this Sim had their life sorted out before the fire).. This is to be who the story is focused on. A toddler (your son/daughter who you escaped the fire with) , and an Elder (your father of course). The Adult Sim must have the Family – Oriented and Good traits. The Elder must have the Insane trait. The toddler may have any traits you desire.

Starting Out:

You may start on which ever empty lot you wish, in any town you wish, as long as your family funds are set to $1,000. Yep. That’s it. You’re going to struggle at first with your crazy father and toddler, but this is supposed to be a challenge, right? The Elder may not get a job or a part – time job, but the Adult may. (I recommend the Adult joining the Law Enforcement career or the Firefighter profession if you have Ambitions)

Rules:

No cheating (moods, money… etc.) except for, “testingcheatsenabled true” than,“familyfunds surname 1000” at the beginning of the challenge. (To enter the cheats, hold "ctrl, shift, c" at the same time, and a blue box should appear at the top of the screen. Hit enter after you've typed the cheat, and BAM!)

Updates:

*If you have University Life, you can try and get your Elder to go back to school! It'll be a great way to help him get back on track and get a hold on his life again (If you send your father to University, and he gets his degree, then you have permission to get him a job).
*It is recommended that you try and get your toddler (when it comes of age) to join afterschool activities. Your Adult and Elder can go and support them on their performance night! It'll help seal the deal that the family is adjusting.
*For an extra challenge, feel free to start off with twins or even triplets at the beginning of the challenge!

Let me know how this works out and feedback as well! Thanks I'm glad so many people are loving this challenge
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 9:22 PM
Does the 1000 come after buying a house or no?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whisperedlines
Does the 1000 come after buying a house or no?

Well, you're not buying a house. You're buying any empty lot. After you bought the lot, then you set the household funds to $1,000 and build what you can from that
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 12:22 PM
This is fun. I just started this challenge last night.
I started my sims in Moonlight Falls.

Day one was a struggle. I bought 1 wall piece, a toilet and the cheapest sink. A crib for my toddler and 2 sleeping bags. Didn't have enough for anything else. So that night and in the morning, I sent them to the fire station to get food and shower, that really stunk >.< lol

By the second day, I had almost 6,000 just picking up flowers, fishing and playing the claw machine at the festival. No job yet ^_^ May not get one, may just collect stuff and do paintings
Built them a little house. 2 small rooms (bathroom and baby room each 2x3 space) had a small kitchen (fridge, sink, table and 2 chairs) and bunk beds for my elder and adult.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BabySpartikus
This is fun. I just started this challenge last night.
I started my sims in Moonlight Falls.

Day one was a struggle. I bought 1 wall piece, a toilet and the cheapest sink. A crib for my toddler and 2 sleeping bags. Didn't have enough for anything else. So that night and in the morning, I sent them to the fire station to get food and shower, that really stunk >.< lol

By the second day, I had almost 6,000 just picking up flowers, fishing and playing the claw machine at the festival. No job yet ^_^ May not get one, may just collect stuff and do paintings
Built them a little house. 2 small rooms (bathroom and baby room each 2x3 space) had a small kitchen (fridge, sink, table and 2 chairs) and bunk beds for my elder and adult.

Hahaha, awesome! Yeah, I had a blast with this challenge and I'm glad you're having fun also
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 4:20 PM
I'm doing this challenge and it is so much fun! I bought a 2per. bed and a crip for the little toddler, a potty and some vegetables for gardening. I got the Adult a job and they will be happy, i guess hahaha
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 4:44 PM
How do I set my money limit to start with 1000?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by irishsimmer

Familyfunds cheat. Press ctrl+shift+c, then type testingcheatsenabled true, then press ctrl+shift+c again, then type familyfunds household name 1000. That should be about it.

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 2:47 PM Last edited by OrangeJuicy : 11th Oct 2014 at 2:14 AM.
I just wanted to clarify why this challenge is called the "Guardian Challenge". I'm looking over this post from a few months back, and I'm realizing that maybe to some people, it isn't as obvious as I had hoped it had been. It's called the "Guardian Challenge", because the main character - the Adult - has to take care of their toddler(s) and father. The Adult blames themselves for letting their spouse and child die in the fire, so they strive to help others, which is why I recommended the jobs I did. Okay. So yeah... that was all! Thanks again for all of the support guys :p
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by irishsimmer

press CTRL, SHIFT, and C all at the same time. Then, type in testingcheatsenabled true. Lastly, type in familyfunds (family name) 1000.

hope this helped!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 8:42 PM
Okay, so I was thinking about maybe adding more onto this challenge? Let me know if any of you Simmer's would be interested
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 1:51 AM
This sounds really fun and I'm going to try it right away! Thanks for sharing! and more would be great also!
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:00 AM
Im totally going to try this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosypoy14
Im totally going to try this

Please! It was a ton of fun to play and create. Let me know if I should add on to make it more challenging, or if it should be longer.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:13 PM
Hi I'm new to mod the sim and I've recently posted my first challenge, how long will I have to wait before it appears on the list of challenges

Also, love your challenge, definetly going to try this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 2:42 PM Last edited by OrangeJuicy : 10th Aug 2014 at 3:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GhostSimmer2000
Hi I'm new to mod the sim and I've recently posted my first challenge, how long will I have to wait before it appears on the list of challenges

Also, love your challenge, definetly going to try this

Well thanks for the love. It means a lot And your challenge should appear after the admins have went over it and approve of it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:20 PM
I'm thinking about creating a Legacy type of deal challenge with this... ? I've got some creative ideas, but I don't want to spend all of my time thinking it through, if no one is interested.
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:49 PM
I'm interested? XD
I'll be having a bash at this challenge soon It looks pretty fun
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyez
I'm interested? XD
I'll be having a bash at this challenge soon It looks pretty fun

Well then! I'll start writing down some of the thoughts that I had in mind Thanks for letting me know!
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:24 PM
This looks really amazing! I just can't wait to try it out, I've been looking for a good challenge and I think I found it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mbprincess
This looks really amazing! I just can't wait to try it out, I've been looking for a good challenge and I think I found it!

Woah! Thank you! That means a lot
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
I was wondering if I could somehow muster up the next gen. version of this for Sims 4. Really excited to start brainstorming, so if you have Sims 4 and not 3, you'll be able to give this a shot :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 1:03 PM Last edited by OrangeJuicy : 21st Oct 2014 at 1:30 AM.
The rules for the Sims 4 version of "Guardian Challenge" will be posted sometime this coming weekend. The thread will be in the Sims 4 Challenges thread. Stay tuned.
It's out! Waiting on the mods to get it posted but you'll be updated. Sims 4 version is quite humourus :P