Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
My game keeps freezing up (Frozen soild.. Beyond return)
So.. My game keeps freezing. Not just every few seconds like lag, I open it up, I play for maybe two minutes at max, then it randomly freezes, and will remain frozen. I have to ex out, and close it with task manager. It's becoming really frustrating :/

Recently we didnt have power for two weeks, and I didn't play sims during that time, I could have on my laptop which I charged at the Internet cafe everyday, but it's quite the battery-drain so I didn't. When power was back, I played sims and played for hours and hours and hours without a problem (well the odd few-second freeze, but that's to be expected running pretty much every expansion and stuff pack..) but now, a few days later it's back to doing the same thing. Now it's worse, originally I might get 20 minutes or more to play before the freeze, so if I save often it wasn't too bad.. But now it's a matter of a few minutes. I've attempted several times to direct one sim to bed, and one to paint in my game but it freezes solid every time before I can accomplish anything. I'm thinking it might be too much for my laptop to handle? Because it managed to work for hours after I took a took-week break from loading sims. But usually when I play, I close all my other programs. I'm also thinking mods to be a suspect.. On my old laptop (I had the same problem) I had tons of mods and CC so that was understandable, but since I've installed the game on my new laptop, I haven't added any CC and only a couple of mods.

I've tried taking out all my mods, but the problem was still happening. I don't have many mods, but I do have NRaas Master controller, and story progression, which I know are both big. I also have the book of talent. And just recently I added the hospital overhaul, but the problem was just as bad before, so I don't suspect that mod did anything.

So... If anyone has anything that might help, thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 11:26 PM
Some of the tips in Tips For Better Game Performance might help. There are also links for lags and freezing at the bottom.
Master Controller is not a resource problem and unless you are running SP with loads of modules and specific castes that really shouldn't cause problems either. I do suggest you install Overwatch and Error trap as suggested within the link provided. I do not play on a laptop but from what I've read within the forums playing for "hours and hours and hours" is not recommended. I hope you are using a cooling fan

Hope some of the suggestion help you out. Good Luck.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:41 AM
Thanks, I'll check out the link n try them tomorrow

And yeah my laptop has a really good cooling fan just built in.. I rarely have issues there, and may have exaggerated that time frame a bit, lol. My old computer I couldn't play sims for longer than an hour an half just because it couldn't handle it. This one'a pretty good though. But still thanks I'll try to keep that in mind if I fix my game... Cause then I'll want to be playing 24/7 xD