Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#176 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 6:41 PM
Thank you so much for that chowgilly! I'm watching now before they get taken down :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:04 AM
i just watched the very finale episode last night and it was sooooo sad. ive watched them grown up too be great doctors or nurses and i will miss them on my tv making me laugh. i hope they do i new series and just say that it was all a joke.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Mad Poster
#178 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:25 AM
I thought that the finale was absolutely fantastic, and I must admit that I shed a tear during the montage of J.D.'s future life. I loved seeing everyone who changed his life come back, even down to meaningless characters like Lloyd. It was a beautiful, poignant way to end the show on a hopeful note that everything would turn out fine. I love what ABC did with Scrubs; sure, it was a little less funny than usual, but ABC gave it a heart and conscience that wasn't nearly as apparent before.

I've read that season nine is in the works and all the stars have signed on for six episodes, which saddens me. I love Scrubs, but I think that the finale was such a fantastic ending that reviving it again is like trying to breathe life into a corpse. It's disrespecting the series, in a way. It went out a great note and that's how I want it to stay.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:43 PM
I thought it was a great way for it too end, it was good to see how they grew up still together. They should leave it the way it has ended, what more are they going to do with the story.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Theorist
#180 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
I am inclined to agree with Rabid. I came in to the season with the understanding that it was going to be Zac Braff's last season, and that it would probably go on for at least one more season before they realized that you can't have Scrubs without John Dorian, any more than you could have had Cheers without Sam Malone. NBC made the right decision to cancel Cheers when Ted Danson left, and that show had a brilliant finale. Scrubs also had what should be a brilliant finale. I love the show, but, I do not want it back for another season without Braff. Anything that could possibly come after that brilliant finale would be jumping the shark, big time. If Scrubs never comes back, they ended it in a very appropriate manner. If they try to bring it back after that episode, when its "real" finale airs, it will no doubt be compared to this episode, and that comparison will not be favorable. ABC, you got the finale to Scrubs 100% right, it was as well done as any potential series finale can get. DO NOT RUIN THAT MOMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM
If they brought back scrubs without JD then it would be like two pints of lager without johnny. It just wouldnt be right.

Lab Assistant
#182 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
I used to love Scrubs, found season 8 to be completely unfunny however. Completely lost it's touch, and I'm glad they're not bringing it back only to drag it through another 20 episodes or so of recycled/bad jokes. The new cast could work well...I think the original cast got tired of it, or two big for their boots.
Field Researcher
#183 Old 2nd May 2011 at 4:11 AM
I'm a scurbsholic. I watched yesterday atleast 5 episodes.

I'm wondering if I should buy the scurbs Complete Collection. Too bad it costs so much, but on the other hand I think it's worth it.
Forum Resident
#184 Old 2nd May 2011 at 10:10 PM Last edited by Guysim1993 : 3rd May 2011 at 9:24 PM.
I love Scrubs so freaking much!! :D

I just started watching the newest series, with the new cast and the whole Medical School thing, and I guess I will still watch it, but it takes some time getting used to the new characters. But it's sad to see the amount of viewers going from around 11 milion at the first season to about 3 million in the newest seasons :/

I just miss the Janitor though!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Mad Poster
#185 Old 3rd May 2011 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guysim1993
ut it's sad to see the amount of viewers goinf from around 11 milion at the first season to about 3 million in the newest seasons :/
It is sad but then I think it is a bit of a mistake to call these latest seasons 'Scrubs' when it's centred around different people, contains barely any of the original cast and has a very different format. I think it's misleading. If it had a new name and was being marketed as a new show instead of a continuation of the original one then I reckon it would do better. But people tune in expecting to see one thing and get something else.

I love love LOVE the 'real' Scrubs but didn't really like the new one.
Field Researcher
#186 Old 3rd May 2011 at 9:21 PM
Yeah, it was surpirising when suddenly there wasn't JD or Turk... What happened to them?

I love this show so much <3 Do you people have the DVDs?
Forum Resident
#187 Old 3rd May 2011 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gelis
Do you people have the DVDs?

I just bought Season 3 for dirt cheap last week :L I'm hoping to get all of the seasons!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Field Researcher
#188 Old 3rd May 2011 at 9:47 PM
^ That's a dream of mine also. Too bad I'm poor and I definetly want extras! Sometimes I spent hours on youtube watching bloobers..
Mad Poster
#189 Old 3rd May 2011 at 9:53 PM
The boyfriend has them all on DVD. My favourite is the pilot episode.

The reason that most of the original cast left is because season eight was supposed to be the end. Zach Braff wanted to leave and given that he played the main character it seemed fitting that the show would end when he left. Originally, season seven was going to be the final one, but the writer's strike caused the producers to have to cut that season short and so they extended it to make an eighth season in order to wrap all the storylines up. Which they did! But then for some reason it was decided to do a ninth season with all the med students *, but I guess most of the original cast knew it was a different show and so decided not to come back for it. Judy Reyes, who plays Carla, was definitely leaving because she's moved onto Broadway IIRC. Bill Lawrence who created the show decided not to stay beyond season eight and has moved on to Cougar Town. I think his absence is a huge reason why the show feels so different now.

[/Scrubs Geekiness]

* You could kind of see this coming in the later seasons because loads of new interns were introduced and there was a lot of focus placed on them. It seemed to be that the producers were seeing how viewers responded to that before deciding whether they would make them more central.
Page 8 of 8