Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st May 2015 at 2:17 AM Last edited by bellakenobi : 21st May 2015 at 9:19 PM.
I've fixed the eye color (since I didn't noticed her true eye color, I just remember that they are brown ), and the color of the brown-haired clones.
And I think I'll use this hair for Beth, I didn't find anyone which looks better and more accurate, and that one with a hairband for Alison (that one also reminds me when Sarah "played" Alison ).

@ameenah.n.y , I saw your reply just after I exit the game and took these pics, I was thinking about using a blush I have here to soften her eyebags, but I will try this nosemask too if needed I'll try to layer the makeup with Master Controller.

UPDATE: I've tested the nosemask on my game, and for some reason the blush version didn't showed up on her face, so I picked the eyeshadow one. And the result was this...

Screenshots

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd May 2015 at 9:29 PM Last edited by ameenah.n.y : 22nd May 2015 at 10:31 PM.
Ah, yeah, it has minimal to no effect. Darn.

Eye color change is much better! I think she looks good, again, the only thing that bothers me a bit is the stretching of the eye texture. Upper eye apex looks like it's rotated a little too far left, which might be creating the illusion that her eyes are too far apart. I think the lips might just be a touch too thin. Does increasing lower lip thickness by a tiny amount fix that little gap? I find that the gap is also caused by increasing upper lip shape. However, if you have the lower lip height slider, I would use that to correct it. Otherwise, it's minor.

Other suggestions:
- Mouth height could be a teensy bit higher. You can shift+click on a slider and type in an exact value. (Not sure if this is part of MC?)
- If you are up to try any other blushes, I would try BrntWaffle's NoseMasks
- Her overall eye height honestly seems a tiny bit too high for me. More than that, if you have OEM's "Just Eye Height" slider, I would use that to lower her eye height without infringing on the brow height.

Another minor thing, but Tatiana's skin is more warm/olive/yellow-based, and I'd wager she's a tiny bit darker. Have you tried another ramp? (Are you using your default? If so, try the yellow or brown ramp.) I don't want to force you into another skin, but have you considered cycling through a few? Maybe try some of Navetsea's non-defaults. There are many, and some are much cleaner face-wise than others. When I look at Tatiana, I feel like any of Noodle or Buffy's skins would suit her features well, for their clean matte textures and nose definition. But, that may not be in line with your game's aesthetic. HP's Idola skin has the texture detail that Navetsea offers, but her textures are much higher resolution and cleaner to my eye. (Again, they're HQ, so require a decent card to look nice.) When you're heavily sculpting, I think HP's skin is much more friendly. I would also recommend Candy Crush or Cake Face by ILTS. This particular Navetsea skin, while better than the Ephemera, is also adding to the sculpt in weird ways. Besides the stretched eyelid texture, she also looks like she has a cleft chin.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th May 2015 at 6:08 AM Last edited by bellakenobi : 24th May 2015 at 7:33 AM.
Well, I've downloaded the nosemasks suggested, and these one worked fine I just need to tweak better the colors to get a perfect blend.
I've tested the ILTS Candy Crush Caramel skin, and the Navetsea Asian ND, and also a EA color ramp that wasn't so light/pink-ish (that one that is more warm/brown), and these are the results... The Navetsea ND hasn't the eyelid texture detail, but it got a nice tone, and the ILTS one seems to be the more accurated on the color, but the details didn't pleased me... And I didn't tested the HP's Idola since my computer don't has a good graphic card
And I still didn't made the changes related to the sculpting, and I was looking to the pics and thought that her face is a bit long, so I was thinking about shorting her face a bit...

Screenshots

My simblr
Instructor
#29 Old 24th May 2015 at 6:29 PM
At a glance, I prefer the Candy Crush, because I like the surroundings around the eyes better. Keep in mind though, that I'm not overly bothered with skin tone. Any chance you could put up a new reference pic? As it is, I need to scroll back a page to see, since I've never watched the show, so I'm deeply dependent on the comparison pics.
Something about her lower lip seems a bit off to me. It sort of looks like it has a fold or something. If I recall correctly, it can be a bit tricky to correct.

I'm not sure about the face length, I would need comparisons for that Keep it up
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:24 PM
Well, I was looking at this pic and thinking about the face lenght, but it might be the mouth height (I'll fix that soon), or the hair I'm using is causing this impression... I was also thinking about the lips thickness, I know that Tatiana is using lipstick on the second pic, but her lips (both upper and lower lips) seems to be a bit more "full" (and also @ameenah.n.y indicated that the lower lip should be a little more thick)...

Screenshots

My simblr
Scholar
#31 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:59 PM
The mouth fuller, as noted, moving the mouth up a little and shortening the chin to compensate, if necessary, are all that I see. Great likeness!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:05 AM
I've made the changes mentioned above (the eyes height and eye apex, the mouth height and the lips thickness, I also fixed that gap in the mouth). I've thought that was a good idea to layer eyeshadows to fix the texture of the eyelids, and this is making that the eyelids has been lowered, but it's only the eyeshadows I've also layered two nosemasks, and got a nice result, and came back to the default navetsea skin I was using.

Screenshots

My simblr
Scholar
#33 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:51 PM
I think the eye outer corner up a bit more, or bring the lower eyelid up a little to make the eyes more level if possible. And/or, move the eyes up as there is just a bit too much space between eyes and eyebrows. Otherwise, separate/reduce the upper lip V just a tiny little bit, if you can. Looks great!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:21 PM
Oh my gosh, so much better! Seriously, it's the little tweaks that make a big difference sometimes. I think the layered eye shadows did the trick, as the eye area looks infinitely better. Also good job coloring/layering the nose masks. They blend very well, but the added definition has really helped her nose look more accurate. Those nose masks are so helpful.

I second SimmyRN's suggestions. To reduce the upper lip V, you may only need to bump down mouth definition. Otherwise, great work! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:14 AM
What makes her eyebrows look too far from eyes is the lenght of the face. The face is too long for Tatiana's face, but making it shorter would make a funny result, because TS3 does not allow changes on the forehead, that is usually too long. You could still try lowering eyebrows a bit, but that would make her forehead even longer. Hmmmmm...

I dont know, try something.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:48 PM Last edited by ameenah.n.y : 27th May 2015 at 8:18 PM.
I think there are a couple of reasons her face appears too long:

1.) Curve of eyelid.
Yes, the appearance of the eyelid was greatly improved by the make-up. The actual fold though needs to be thinner near the inner apex and thicker near the outer apex. (Much thicker on the outer apex, actually.) I run into this issue with many sims regardless of texture. You can't just increase Eye Socket Height because it would impact the entire eyelid.

Sliders that help:
EAs Alien Eye Modifier (This helps, especially when creating softer folds or the appearance of an Epicanthic fold. May not work here unless used lightly)
Inner Eyelid Shape by Sage (http://s3sage.blogspot.ru/2014/03/i...e-slider.html)* I highly reccommend this if you are not opposed to adding more sliders. You may have to increase EA's Eye Socket Height after adjusting this slider.

Make-up that may help:
Dutch's Eyelids (http://modthesims.info/d/453895)
I think these would still require slider adjustment, but the eyelid shape is nice.

2.) Height of Brows
Yes, the brows are a bit too high in comparison to the eyes, but not too high on the face overall. Adjusting EA's Brow Height lower and then raising EA Eye Height to compensate may help. A custom slider that fixes this is Just Eye Height by OneEuroMutt (http://oneeuromutt.tumblr.com/post/...ack-sliders-are)

3.) Hairline
Each hair shapes the face differently. This is not only because of the shape of the hair, but some hairstyles also have hairline textures that look a bit more realistic. There are some hairline blushes to fix this, but they usually don't line up perfectly.

4.) Eye Size
Ok, first of all, her eyes are the right size. However, the sim does not have eyelashes (understandable, as you have been tweaking her sculpt), which generally widen the appearance of the eyes. Tatiana doesn't wear heavy mascara in any of the references, but still, the absence of lashes is making the eyes appear a bit too small. At this stage, I would throw some lashes on the sim, whether that means using EA's lash slider or S-Club lashes. (Obsessed with the latter, but I understand not everyone uses them.)

Anyway, I elaborated, but it's not a big issue. You can also try adjusting the "Head Shape Slider" a bit more, and then adjusting Eye Height accordingly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:06 PM
It's good that wasn't only me thinking that the face seems long

I've used the OEM just eye height slider to move up a bit the eyes, and replaced the basegame eyeshadows by the Dutch's eyelids (I tried to use both, but when I came back to game to take the pics the BG eyeshadows just got above Dutch's eyelids ). And put a little of the EA eyelashes on her (they look blurred but they are here).
And I've used the Head Shape slider to fix the face lenght.

Screenshots

My simblr
Scholar
#38 Old 28th May 2015 at 12:31 AM
Ooh those eyes look much better! Great work!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th May 2015 at 12:56 AM
She's looking so good! Her face length looks much more accurate now. The new eyelid mask looks great! I would maybe move the "Eye Socket Height" slider to the right very very slightly to accommodate for the lid placement of the new shadow. I can see the EA eyelashes, and I think they definitely help. I'm also a bigger fan of that updo that you've switched her to because I like the hairline.

Sorry to be throwing CC at you, but I am obsessed with these dry lips be Helen , and I feel like they might work here at medium opacity, particularly when she's styled as Sarah/Helena? I also like ILTS's iced lips. These may also soften the shape curve of her upper lip.
Instructor
#40 Old 28th May 2015 at 7:08 AM
Much better

I do feel like her nose is missing a little bit of bulk in the middle, but I'm not sure you can do anything without sliders on that...

Great work
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 28th May 2015 at 6:46 PM
Eyes are so much better with those details on... so much better.

I think she's done, with exception of the nose bulk in the middle (as sugested by Tigerdyhr). I would like to see her with those hairstyles you posted before, in their original color.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th May 2015 at 7:52 PM
@ameenah.n.y Heheh I don't care about the "CC throwing", let's say I'm kinda bad at finding CC by myself
And my game isn't in english so it took a long to me to figure out which "eye socket" slider was, just after I thought "maybe if I google that" and found the "one" I've ajusted that slider to move up the eyelids and here it is
I've also tested the lipsticks you suggested...

@mixa97sr About that bulk in the nose, I've just saw your reply just before exit the game, and I've played around with the sliders (with nose mass, nose tip size, etc) to try to make that bulk but all I got was that... I'll see what I can do...

Oh and I've messed something with my graphic card setup but I fixed that and now the eyelashes are showing properly

Screenshots

My simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 28th May 2015 at 9:22 PM
Yeah, I know... TS3 is very limited withouth custom sliders, skins and details. You wouldn't be able to get this far withouth some CC.

Try some custom sliders if you still haven't used any.

Try this one (just nose slider): http://voicesshoots.tumblr.com/post...-to-create-them

Download is beneath the pictures, really discrete.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th May 2015 at 11:00 PM
I'm already using custom sliders, I just didn't have one that allows me to fix that
Btw, after my last post I went on "slider hunt" and I found that one that @mixa97sr suggested, and one by OEM that could help.
I used them, and got to make that bulk in the nose, but messed with the profile view and I don't know how to fix that (I tried nose lenght and nose rotation)

Screenshots

My simblr
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 29th May 2015 at 12:13 AM
Aw, yay, the tweaked graphic settings look much better! Ah, sorry about the Eye Socket Height! (What does the translation come out to, I'm curious?) The added volume definitely looks better.

If you are using OEM sliders, "Nostril Curve" would actually be the perfect slider to give the nostrils that slightly upturned look without messing up the Nose Bridge. Love that slider by Voices, but it's better for creating aquiline noses or used at a very low strength. A better choice would be OEM's "Nose Bridge Width", I think. (Is that what you installed? I feel bad because I just use all of her sliders. They help with so many issues!) It is similar to EA's Bridge Width slider, but it allows you to add some bulk without messing up the area between the brows. Otherwise, if you can't add the extra bulk without distorting the profile, it would be my call to leave it as is?

As for the lips, now that I see them, I think they all work. The "Iced" lips would help with Helena's look, and I like the lip you had previously for Rachel. So, it's up to you!
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 29th May 2015 at 9:21 AM
I know that there is a slider that changes the height of the chin bone, because I have it, but I can't find it anywhere anymore... if anyone stumbles upon it, please share the link.

Slider's name is: "Chin Bone Height" and combined with "Underlip Depth" it would make her lips look even more perfect.

About nose... try making her nosetip longer by changing the "Nose Tip Depth" and then tweak the nose lenght, and bridge depth.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:08 PM
The chin bone height slider is by OneEuroMutt, and it can be downloaded here. I agree that the chin bone height slider is very useful, and I use it on just about every sim. Gives you a lot of control with the chin in profile especially. The scale of her chin almost looks a bit too large in profile? Though it looks good from the front.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:48 PM
I went on "slider hunt" again (since I don't have all the OEM's sliders, actually I just have known them searching for sliders to sculpt Tatiana's face ), and I've found the slider that @mixa97sr mentioned, and found out that the "Nose Bridge Width" sliders wasn't by OEM (but it was on her sliders master list!), but by YS3studio, but the download link was broken
Buuuut, I've reduced just a little the bulk made with Voices slider, and managed to fix the profile bulk (the nose seems longer but I've checked my previous pics and the lenght is almost the same)
And I've fixed the chin height in the profile, now it looks better (that made a little shadow underlip but that didn't deformed the lips shape).

(And I was forgotting, but the translation of "eye socket height" for pt-br is "altura da órbita ocular" and "órbita" is used for "eye socket" and for "planetary orbit", as example.)

Screenshots

My simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 29th May 2015 at 7:04 PM
@bellakenobi

Oooh... Nice!

I agree with ameenah.n.y , the chin in the profile view looks too large, but it isn't... it's just that real Tatiana has that underlip curve suited a bit more down. I know it makes a weird shaddow in CAS, but in the actuall game, shadow is almost unnoticable (at least for me).

And what I would also love to suggest is to change the "Jaw Depth" becuse real Tatiana has her jaw pulled a bit forward, which makes her lower lip look fuller in the profile view.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 12:00 AM Last edited by bellakenobi : 1st Jun 2015 at 2:57 AM.
Sorry for taking so long to reply
Well, I've made some tweaks, as bringing the jaw a bit forward (I also brought the lower lip just a bit up since it made a little gap between lips), and I fell the need of enlarging the jaw a bit too, now it seems to fit better on her face shape (since I couldn't tweak that face region above the cheeks), and reduced a bit the length of the nose too.

I was also testing the accesories for Cosima, that glasses by Tamo was the only one I found that looks like the one that Cosima wears, and I've downloaded these Winry piercings to use the nose ring but it got like this...

Screenshots

My simblr
Page 2 of 3