Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:06 PM
because of this thread i discovered simrealty.com...awesome stuff

i downloaded ann arbor. has the diversity i was looking for with both high rises and rural settings. Only one issue...there is only one place so far that has room for a 64x64 plot and i can't get it level for a house to be built. Other than that it's a great place to "live"
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#252 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 2:15 PM
^^ I'm loving Anne Arbor aswell. It's a beautiful world with a city, rural/farm area and a little village, swamp and industrial sites - so it gives you the opportunity to play a diverse rage of sims from different backgrounds. It's quite big by my standards, but it's not as laggy as Los Aneigos (beautiful as it is) for me. I've just decided to up the tree detail from low to medium which greatly increases the aesthetic without too much compromise on the performance. Being able to see the trees from map view greatly adds to how beautiful the world is (this may not be news to most people, but it is to me ).

I wanted to look at the London Project world, 'cause it looks frikken amazing, but I couldn't even load the world. Some save issue.. If I had managed to my computer probably would have died.

Go suck an elf...
Forum Resident
#253 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 5:09 PM
I downloaded Elmira City and can't get it to load! The loading bar gets stuck right at the very end, and no matter how long I leave it, it never loads. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no luck. Anyone else suffered this? It looks so nice =(
Field Researcher
#254 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
I downloaded Elmira City and can't get it to load! The loading bar gets stuck right at the very end, and no matter how long I leave it, it never loads. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no luck. Anyone else suffered this? It looks so nice =(

I would try re-downloading. Sometimes the file gets corrupted and that happens.
Scholar
#255 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 8:29 PM
A piece of me dies everytime I remember that jasmine's world - Oahu - is not done yet.
Forum Resident
#256 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy

I got it to load, but I didn't like it in game, and it was quite slow/laggy.. try Anne Arbor it's got a similar city area, but with extra bits. Truth be told, I can't remember what the rest of it looks like - I took one look and went.. pass... Quite harsh considering I have negative world building skills.

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#257 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
A piece of me dies everytime I remember that jasmine's world - Oahu - is not done yet.

I downloaded Jasumi's Oahu- the NO CC one and fixed it up. Love playing it, haven't had any problems yet. (hits head, knocking on wood)

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#258 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 12:00 AM Last edited by brillo_pad : 16th Aug 2011 at 12:27 AM.
Wow, Jasumi's Oahu looks well pretty STUNNING! I'd DL that, but I can't stand island worlds.. there's something so finite and disturbingly desperate about an island - especially in the sims which is so finite and disturbingly desperate it's self - especially living on a island on a planet drifting millions of miles away from anything at all..

Having said that, the island appears to just go on and on! Sadly, all that flora would kill my PC :/

Go suck an elf...
Alchemist
#259 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
there's something so finite and disturbingly desperate about an island - especially living on a island on a planet drifting millions of miles away from anything at all..

Eee-ee. I'm suddenly afraid someone will turn off the gravity! (Looks around at my landlocked town)
Forum Resident
#260 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 11:30 AM
The Sims 3 Vice City@http://www.freshprincecreation...ts3vicecity.htm
I'm in awe of the works that he put into this, simply stunning.
Inventor
#261 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox

Great work by FreshPrince.
http://www.freshprincecreations.com/ts3vicecity.htm

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Scholar
#262 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I downloaded Jasumi's Oahu- the NO CC one and fixed it up. Love playing it, haven't had any problems yet. (hits head, knocking on wood)

But there's no link in the topic to download it - she removed.
Mad Poster
#263 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 9:37 PM
Looks like Jasumi is working on a final version, with more lots and better routing. If you want a copy of the No CC one I have in my game, I can upload it to a hosting site and give you a link, via PM.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#264 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:07 AM
Anne Arbor is the best!

PM me with a request!
Field Researcher
#265 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox

Dying to try this. Great to hear all the positive feedback so far.
If only I could pencil in some time to play the game...

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Mad Poster
#266 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:57 AM
Considering everything is base game, this is some fabulous work! WTG, FP!

Lab Assistant
#267 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 4:13 PM
I can't download any of RfLong7's worlds . I really wanted Longview and the moon base. But I got vice city and its very nice. I'm going to be playing it for awhile.

Sims 3 Midnight Island Challenge: http://maekitten.blogspot.com/
Forum Resident
#268 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 7:51 PM
Jasumi just posted the Beta version of Oahu: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...71.page#6134455
Instructor
Original Poster
#269 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 4:08 AM
There's this new world called Glendalough that looks amazing. I haven't gotten a chance to play it, but once I get the time I will check it out.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=23920.0
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 4:45 PM Last edited by coffeebreak : 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:42 PM.
Thanks so much for this thread, seriously very helpful. Getting frustrated with the vast! amount! of empty! unusable! unrouteable! space in Twinbrooks and so a new world would be nice. But I don't want to invest the time in customizing a world only to find out that it has non-obvious issues. I like Twinbrooks because it does *sorta* have different areas with different vibes to them, it's only swampy in one section but the industrial/grunge/steampunk railroad section is way too small. A bit of farmland verging on swampy forest is good for the gothic steampunk fairies, but a dash of busy mid-town area is required for my more conventional sims. And the rich sims NEED a big space for that butterfly pavilion from Bridgeport, lol.

Me wants a twain and some environmental diversity. Does Redcliffs (my first choice perhaps) or any other big world have a train running through it? Btw, somebody could put the fog emitter at the top of a mountain and from a certain distance it would look like clouds...

The sad thing is that Twinbrooks has enough space and variety for all my needs, it's just that many places which would be perfect for a new lot are unrouteable and/or the terrain is too uneven. I'm tempted to take a crack at caw, but understanding it looks pretty time-intensive.
Mad Poster
#271 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 6:44 PM
This thread is great, and the worlds people make are amazing.

I need a new world, as much as I like my current one it's getting too small. I've already found three that I'm thinking about, just need to send some Sim exploring them for me. Thank you guys for all the links.
Test Subject
#272 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:09 AM
Can someone please recommend worlds that do not require or can still handle without WA, I've every xp except for that one.
Alchemist
#273 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gother Lee
Can someone please recommend worlds that do not require or can still handle without WA, I've every xp except for that one.

This lists base game ones:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...66.page#5258977
Test Subject
#274 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:40 AM
Riverblossom is quite epic :D
Test Subject
#275 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:47 AM
i downloaded Brooklyn hights its rlly gd i like these custom worlds
Page 11 of 42