Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 1:03 PM
If EA actually do this, they'll just lose all of their customers.
This will be like the worst simulation game of 2009 if they don't put it on :P
All the gamer will just go back and enjoy with The Sims 2 :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 3:25 PM
There are people in the sims 2 community who would figure it out. My Dads a software engineer, anythings possible.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 4:15 AM
Well, I know for a fact there will have to be a way to import textures, after all some of the preorder 'rewards' were downloadable textures. {Like the ugly one i got from target} Meshes might be a bit less necessary or at least possibly more complicated, as the meshes will have to stretch to fit the body instead of stretching the body to fit the mesh. If we can make it work well, it will lead to a better end result, i hope, in that you will not need to get a new mesh for each outfit, if they take the outfit off they wont drop 50Lb's for example. the sim will be fat and not in a fat suit, or whatever the case may be. Personally i hope that once we do figure it out we will be happier with the end result, at least with this aspect of it anyway. and even if the files are bigger, with any luck we will need a whole lot less of them, like not needing a dif file for this bikini top in 14 dif sizes and shapes, should be more of a one size fits all kind of thing.

personally i am still more concerned with the AI of the people in the neighborhood who's house you are not looking at at the moment, that scares me. but is a dif topic for a dif area and a dif time.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:14 PM
I have to agree with death, because you would have to look at this like trying to skin a new windows OS with Vista it took a while, to where there were just recolors before WB supported Vista. These things will take alot of time to figure out all the coding of the game files, to figure out what we can and can't do as far as custom content is involved for TS3
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#30 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 10:08 AM
But it is never too early to begin the kermitflailing and panic.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Banned
#31 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:51 AM
If custom meshes can be created, then that's great!

If custom meshes are too difficult to create or more difficult to create than in the Sims 2, then try again.

If custom meshes are not possible in the Sims 3, then look on the bright side: just enjoy the simulation part of it. CC isn't everything, right?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 1:05 PM
Yeah, but I'll get board and want to go make something, then remember.....I can't.

My true dream is to: *get into the medical field *speak fluent Japanese and Spanish
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#33 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 1:15 PM
eris, that is correct. But then, you couldn't when the Sims 2 first came out either. It'll take months to get a first set of tools out just like it took months to get a first set of Tools for the Sims 2, and then years to refine the techniques and add new ones.

Also, your sig is too long.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#34 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 1:31 PM
Y'know, I think I'm going to lock this. The original concept is based on nothing but misinformation and "OMGNOWAI!" speculation. There is no evidence that we will not be able to create custom meshes for TS3. There -is- evidence that we will eventually be able to create custom meshes for TS3 (Kate from Parsimonious's creator's camp blog - EA has said they know we'll figure it out). Spreading yet more misinformation based on nothing but wild speculation helps nobody. We don't know what we'll be able to create till we get the game, but certainly, if it's worth playing, it will be worth modding.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: OMGONOEZWTFBBQ
Page 2 of 2