Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:20 AM Last edited by LotrFanboy : 15th Apr 2011 at 5:38 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Leaves disappear; no "rake" option
Hi, guys.

I'm having a problem with the Seasons expansion pack wherein all the leaves that fall from my trees disappear within 10-20 seconds of hitting the ground. As a result, I am completely unable to use the rake option.

Background: Prior to this year, my only experience with the Sims 2 has been with the base game through the Pets EP. I used to be somewhat of a casual player during the release of those games but haven't really played it much since. However, after recently getting back into the game, I decided to spring for the rest of the EPs and SPs to complete the experience. I now have all EPs and SPs, and I have been playing them for the last 10-14 days.

It was only today, after wanting leaves for composting, that I noticed for the first time the problem mentioned above. Instead of the leaves falling to the ground and sticking there like they are apparently supposed to do so that they can be raked up, they sink into the ground and disappear. I experimented with different types of trees on various lots and neighborhoods but unfortunately I got the same results.

I have read and followed the steps outlined in this thread, which was the only one I could find on the subject. I have read and followed the steps outlined in the Sims Wiki Game Help guide. I just recently finished the long, tedious task of uninstalling and reinstalling all of my EPs and SPs, including the base game. While reinstalling I even tried launching the game with Seasons as the latest EP, but still I got the same problems. In short, I've been at this for the better part of the last 8 hours, and no matter what I try nothing seems to work. Could my specs be the problem?

Here are my specs (laptop):

-Microsoft Windows Vista (x64) Home Premium
-Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz processor
-4 GB installed RAM, 1.69 available RAM
-Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
-Plenty of free hard drive space

I am well aware that my specs are on the lower end for a game like the Sims 2, but unfortunately it's all I have to work with for the time being. I do experience a bit of in-game lag/slowness, particularly on bigger lots, but I can still run the game fairly decently on maxed out settings. My video card is able to handle shading, which I recently enabled to find fish in the fish tank.

The only other thing I can think of that might be at issue is the game itself. Is there a chance that perhaps my copy of Seasons is itself corrupt?

Anyway, if anyone is willing/able to help me out in any way I would be very appreciative. Like I said, I'm all out of ideas...

Thanks.

Joel

(p.s. I really do hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not, feel free to move it where appropriate.)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 4:31 PM
I've seen a lot of people with problems with the Intel Express Chipset. You might be better off turning your settings down substantially.