Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 1:42 PM Last edited by tizerist : 30th Apr 2013 at 3:20 PM.
Default What's the worst songs you've EVER heard?
I was reading something on another forum which led to some very interesting nominations, and comments.
We've all heard really bad music in our times. But it's a bit like food, in that no-one is really correct. It's just what you like, or don't like.

So, if you can, nominate 5 terrible songs, no 1 being the worst (5 points) and 5th place is worth 1 point. Points will decide a winner.

Ok, heres mine:

1) Rudebox by Brian Williams. This is the worst song I've ever heard. I remember hearing this at work, and being almost physically paralysed when it dawned on me exactly what I was listening to. Almost makes me ashamed to hail from the Milky Way galaxy.

2) Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. A horrific miscalculation, on a Chernobyl scale. Theres probably reasons why Opera songs don't have guitars and why rock doesn't have opera vocals. It's like trying to put oil in your tea and stirring it around. Mental scars from this one.

3) The crazy frog tune. Well, what can I say. Believe it or not, crazy frog has gone bankrupt, and is now a bricklayer in Romania. Let's keep it that way. This only came 3rd because it's not SUPPOSED to be good. I think.

4) Superwoman by Karyn White. Ha ha ha ha ha. Sorry, I'm just.....ha ha ha ha.
Dross ballad that must be in the region of 1 bpm. Excruciatingly bad.

5) Arab Money by Busta Rhymes. I just picked this one out of the air. The sort of people that like this think that music is watching a video full of gold rings and chains. Rather them than me

CURRENT LEADERBOARD!! 31st APRIL

1. (JOINT 1st) RUDEBOX (BOBBY WILLIAMS). (5 POINTS)
1. (JOINT 1st) BABY (JUSTIN BIEBER) (5 POINTS)
1. (JOINT 1st) ACCIDENTAL RACIST (BRAD PAISLEY/LL COOL J) (5 POINTS)
1. (JOINT 1st) These Eyes, by The Guess Who (5 POINTS)
1. (JOINT 1st) Ole Ivars - Jag Trodde Änglarna Fanns (5 POINTS)

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 3:11 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the best songs ever. You are wrong there. All the others I agree with.
1) Baby- Justin Beiber because if you can confuse people about the gender of the person singing you should stop right then.
2) Go compare song - Go Compare Man. You tube it if you don't know about it, then imagine it on every advert break.
3) Lord Such And His Heavy Friends - Just bad on many levels
4) Alejandro - Lady Gaga. Really really bad and overly edited.
5) Earth Song - Michael Jackson. Weird.
Theorist
#3 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 3:55 PM
1) Brad Paisley and LL Cool J - Accidental Racist. "If you don't judge my gold chains, I'll forget the iron chains". That's all it takes, huh? Wow.

2) Florida Georgia Line FT Nelly - Cruise. Just heard it this morning for the very first time, and hated it. I don't like country, not a big fan of rap. Combine the two, and you get total crap.

3) Lady Gaga - You and I. I like Lady Gaga music, but I hate this song. Sounds like country. WTF, Lady Gaga?

4) Nickleback - Rockstar. Absolutely hated this song back when it came out. Again, sounds country.

5) Next To Me - Emeli Sandé. Sounds like gospel and I'm no fan of religion.

There are worse songs out there, but these are just the ones that I'm familiar with because they crossed over and play on the pop station I listen to (well, not the 1st song, that one is just stupid and I heard about it on the news). I hate country (or gospel) music that crosses over to pop because I either have to listen to it or change the channel. I don't care for the entire genres of Country, Bluegrass, Folk, Heavy Metal, Punk, and Hard Rock, so anything from those genres would work. Anything by Bob Dylan and anything by Kid Rock as well.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 5:11 PM
Chaccaron Maccaron by El Mundo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvkHIZg_954

Danger! High Voltage by Electric 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFIXYRcu3Yg

ZE~☆!
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 5:16 PM
Call me maybe, by who'se name is it?
I hated the song since it I heard it for the first time end everytime I hear it, only if it's for one second it gets stuck in my head -.-

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#6 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 8:55 PM
YOLO - The Lonely Island
Some dumb, sarcastic song about how 'this generation' is wise and 'those lame people' and rules are wrong, and how you'll miss out on life if you don't yolo.
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 9:17 PM
Anything by Nickleback.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 11:19 PM
'The Christmas Shoes' was the first one that popped into my mind.
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Call me maybe, by who'se name is it?
I hated the song since it I heard it for the first time end everytime I hear it, only if it's for one second it gets stuck in my head -.-

Carly Rae Jepsen. She won a few Juno's for it too-that's the same but not worth as much as a Grammy in Canada.
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 3:50 AM
All songs by Fun. Everyone else seems to like that band, but I hate every song I've heard by them.
"Too Close" by Alex Clare - the worst form of dubstep (is it dubstep?) - anyway, it sounds terrible.
"Boyfriend" by Justin Beiber - though I did enjoy the overly attached girlfriend version (hers was better).
Basically all metal songs; I just don't like metal.
"Payphone" by Maroon 5 - got old fast and soon enough I'd scream in outrage when it came on the radio, haha.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 4:55 AM
Pretty much anything K-pop, honestly.

So now then, let me ask this - Who here is getting Arab Money?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 8:41 AM
Anything sung by Justin Bieder ans it's a small world after all song. I forgoty mention the crazy frog song.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 4:09 PM
Default i have no idea
um

almost all of the modern pop songs + everything from justing bieber
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 7:18 PM
Anything from Bieber. It sticks to my brain like superglue and won't let go even if I threaten with C4. Too bad my nephews (even the one who just turned 3) love bieber songs, and when both of them yell "BABYBABYBABYOOOOH" or some such... *shudders* Anyone have earplugs?

Also, anything heavy metal, anything Gaga, most hard rock, punk, folk and a lot of the most recent pop/rock music. And the most recent kids stuff.
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 7:20 PM
BABY BABY BABY OHHHH LIKE BABY BABY BABY OHHHH I THOUGHT U'D ALWAYS BE MINEE,,, MIIINNNEEEEE

R.I.P Quality music.

people throw rocks at things that shine♥
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 8:38 PM
No, no, you've got it all wrong. Forget Bieber and his ilk. Forget every teen idol ever. Because as annoying and ridiculous as they seem to everybody outside their target demographic, they don't even come close to producing the worst songs in the world.

Who does?

Well, I'd say this guy is a pretty solid contender for that dubious honour.

I mean, listen to this crap. Approximately 50% of it- no exaggeration- is made up of nothing but the word "ass." It is literally the most half-assed song ever written. It's not just bad. It's unforgettably, unbelievably asinine. It belongs in some kind of permanent exhibition in a museum of human failure, it's that awful.

Alternatively, there's this. Which sounds disturbingly like Eric Cartman following some kind of traumatic brain injury.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
No, no, you've got it all wrong. Forget Bieber and his ilk. Forget every teen idol ever. Because as annoying and ridiculous as they seem to everybody outside their target demographic, they don't even come close to producing the worst songs in the world.

Who does?

[/URL]

I forgot about that! At least most of Beiber's songs have some sort of melody. Also, "Stupid Hoe" by Nicki Minaj. Actually several of her songs are fairly catchy, but that one . . . just no. "You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe. You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe."

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Instructor
#18 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
I forgot about that! At least most of Beiber's songs have some sort of melody. Also, "Stupid Hoe" by Nicki Minaj. Actually several of her songs are fairly catchy, but that one . . . just no. "You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe. You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe."

I actually like that song just because it's so horrible. The video always makes me laugh. *giggles*

Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

Who does?

But Big Sean taught me how to spell ass in a bunch of different languages.

Has anyone even posted this crap yet?
My Jeans by Jenna Rose
or It's Thanksgiving by Nicole Westbrook
Or pretty much anything produced by Ark Music Factory. Sure, they're little kids and I'm sure it was exciting for them to make their own music video. But just... Some things should not be posted for the world to see.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 12:12 AM
A little old school for some of you..
Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
All songs by Fun. Everyone else seems to like that band, but I hate every song I've heard by them.
"Payphone" by Maroon 5 - got old fast and soon enough I'd scream in outrage when it came on the radio, haha.

I agree with you on the Fun songs and Payphone by Maroon 5.
The song that I can't stand listening to is anything One Direction or the song "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Instructor
#21 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 12:39 AM
An old one that still makes me twitch when I hear it is Sophie B. Hawkins' I Love You, Always Forever.

Katy Perry - Firework

Either one of these songs can send me in to fits trying to turn off the source. I stopped listening to the radio years ago, so I haven't heard any of the little boy bands out now. I've only heard the chorus to Bieber's Baby once (that was more than enough, thanks), and I've never heard a Minaj song. I'd probably hate them more if I was exposed.
Instructor
#22 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 1:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2l6CPna4M

that. ^

me and my mom saw it on youtube years ago and every time we see it we crack up.

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 2:46 AM Last edited by gaudet : 26th Apr 2013 at 2:24 PM.
For me this is the worst song EVER.
Scholar
#24 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 7:13 AM
Ooft. This is harder than it should be!
I have an incredibly wide music taste, mainly rock and all it's branches, then I like rap (although some artists are just awful) and quite a bit of RnB and a wide selection of dance music (mainly older ones though). I just don't get on with manufactured pop music.
So, Beiber, One Direction, JLS, Saturdays, Pussy Cat Dolls. I can't pick just 5 songs, so 5 artists will do, right?

Edit: Thank you, MTV. It's just reminded me of two current song's I want to murder.
Nelly - Hey Porche
Chris Brown... Well, I just plain don't like Chris Brown. Probably has a lot to do with the domestic violence crap, but also... How does he get his voice that high?

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 1:09 PM
Anyone remember Agadoo?

Anyone else trying desperately to forget it?
Page 1 of 4