Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 3:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default A few basic CC questions...
I looked through multiple FAQ's and couldn't find an answer, btw.
So instead of some CC I downloaded, all that shows up is a base game item. It has the custom content sign thing, though. Can I click the button in game to delete it? What does this mean?
Also, I only have my CC sorted by Misc, Clothing, Hair, and Build/Buy. Is this bad? I don't have much, would it be better to just start over?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 4:53 AM
Can you give us a link to the item? Did it say it needed a mesh?

Why do you want to start over?

Organize it in whatever way makes sense to you. So if you need to find something how best will you find it? For me I have many folders and clothing is Adult Female Clothing, Adult male Clothing, Clothing Child, Clothing Toddler and so on with sub folders inside of those. Originally I just had a Clothing folder but I have 18 Gigs of cc with clothes taking up a large chunk, so sort it by your own needs. I have every download inside it's own folder except the side that isn't sorted, so about half.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can you give us a link to the item? Did it say it needed a mesh?

Why do you want to start over?

Organize it in whatever way makes sense to you. So if you need to find something how best will you find it? For me I have many folders and clothing is Adult Female Clothing, Adult male Clothing, Clothing Child, Clothing Toddler and so on with sub folders inside of those. Originally I just had a Clothing folder but I have 18 Gigs of cc with clothes taking up a large chunk, so sort it by your own needs. I have every download inside it's own folder except the side that isn't sorted, so about half.

I don't have links to any of my CC.
I am horribly unorganized.
I'm starting to organize better now, I hope I can stick to it.
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 8:08 AM
Your profile says your newest EP is Apartment Life, is that correct?

IIRC, games Nightlife and earlier can't handle folders inside Downloads. That is, you either have an option to name each piece of CC seperately, or install a game newer than Nightlife.

Of course, if your profile is correct, you can ignore this post.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Your profile says your newest EP is Apartment Life, is that correct?

IIRC, games Nightlife and earlier can't handle folders inside Downloads. That is, you either have an option to name each piece of CC seperately, or install a game newer than Nightlife.

Of course, if your profile is correct, you can ignore this post.

It is correct. I realized I kinda failed in my OP, I mean some of the content I downloaded, not all. As in about 10/100.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 11:51 PM
Which is why I asked were you missing the mesh. If an item shows up with a cc star but looks like game content you don't have the mesh. If you knew what and where the item came from you could go back and check the post for the needed mesh. If the item is from this site you can check what you have downloaded under your user tools.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Which is why I asked were you missing the mesh. If an item shows up with a cc star but looks like game content you don't have the mesh. If you knew what and where the item came from you could go back and check the post for the needed mesh. If the item is from this site you can check what you have downloaded under your user tools.

Oh, I didn't know that was a feature. Thanks!