Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons
Some of my packages: skin, hair, game changes...are not showing up in game.
Hi, I have quite a few .package files in my mods folder and they have worked in game before until yesterday. I installed WA expansion and got a new world as well, and suddenly all of my hair, skin and most of my game changes (slower vehicles, longer pregnancy, lighting mods, etc.) are not working and not showing up.

I changed my Resource.cfg file in my Mods folder to the one Mod The Sims gives, but it didn't work.

I am really not to sure what to do and I want to keep my mods. My .sims3pack files work just fine though so I'm not to sure what is going on. All of my mods are up to date with the latest patch.

Please help me! Anyone??
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 5:21 AM
Hmmmmm. Back when WA was released, there was a different location for mods. You may have reverted your game to the old system.

Did you patch your game after installing WA? If not, I would imagine that would fix it.

If you have any more recent EPs, you might also want to reinstall them after installing WA.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:50 PM Last edited by werismyki : 29th Aug 2013 at 2:20 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4228682, 4228709
I don't know if I patched it or not, I have version: 1.55.4.022017 for sims 3 and version:2.0.86.002017 for WA.
I'm not sure if I need a patch or not, and if I did then what patch?

Also, if I just uninstall WA, would that fix it?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:24 AM
where are your User Files? Mods/Packages folders, resource.cfg, etc? Are they under Program Files\Electronic Arts or Documents\Electronic Arts? Since you are patched to 1.55 for the base game, you should have them under the Documents location and remove any that are still under the Program Files location. See Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Old Way to New Waywiki