Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 12:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Sim didn't return home from China
I'm playing Twinbrook, the Greenwoods.
Jade, their teen daughter, went to China, stayed there for 8 days, learned the martial arts up to 5th level when it was time to go home. When the Twinbrook loaded, I saw that Jade didn't join the family! Only Oliver, Holly and their youngest kid were there. I checked their relationships' panel, Jade was listed at the end of it, a little dimmed, just like other locals at vacation destinations. Which means she remained in China and now I don't know how to get her home. I tried resetting her, it didn't do nothing. I took out the few CC I have, deleted cache files, nothing helps.

How to reunite my Greenwood family?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 8:16 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Invisible Sims and/or User Interface Issues
    If you are experiencing issues with Missing Sim(s) and / or User Interface Issues see the Game Help:UI and Sim Issueswiki Guide,
    If this doesn't resolve the issue, please answer the questionnaire and be as comprehensive as you can.

Do you have a backup of the Save before you traveled to China?
Do you use the mods recommended in that article?

And if the "Already Have the Issue?" section did not provide any help, please answer Qn 17 of the questionnaire as detailed as possible, to see if there are other suggestions we can provide. You're welcome to answer all the other questions as well, but some are a repeat of what your initial post there contains...
Also make sure to test on a New Game after you have Traveler installed as well. So we can determine if the Save is still buggy or the whole game engine is not registering the Traveler mod in your case.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 5:25 PM
Thank you for the help advices!

I have a habit of saving every time something happens in game, even if something very minor, so I saved before Jade left for China, many times while she was there and right before it was time for her to go back home. Unfortunately, I never thought of using Save As... so the Save was overwritten every time and can't be used for going back to pre-vacation point. I'm much wiser now.

Never used the recommended mods, except for Awesomemod with its AwesomeStoryDriver enabled, but installed them now (Traveler, Master Controller, Debug Enabler).

System requirements are definitely met (and even exceeded), drivers are up to date and I run the game from the Admin mode. I tend to stick to one household when playing TS3.

What I have done from "Already Have the Issue?" list (nothing helped):
- reset lot using Master Controller
- tried "forceHud" cheat
- installed Traveler mod but not sure what to do with it, guess it I just leave it running?
- run the game without CC
- Deleted Cache files, incl. every time I added a new mod
- used "resetsim (Fname Lname)" and "resetsim" cheats .

Now I'll start a new game, also in Twinbrook, and send a Sim to vacation to see how s/he comes back. Now when I think about it, I've had troubles with the Greenwoods coming back home from vacations before, it's always either Oliver or Jade, I sent only them, always separately. Few times when it was time to go home, the game froze and only resetSim cheat helped to unfreeze it and to transfer Sim to the home world. Maybe this game with Twinbrook is bugged or it's only the Greenwoods.