Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 10:46 PM
Default Access Denied
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has encountered a problem when unzipping a hack file on Window's Vista operating system? I downlaod a few game mods and when unzippining the file unto the mods/packages folder, I get an access denied message.
We just got this computer and I don't like Window's Vista. It sucks. Windows XP is much better and stable.
If anyone could help me, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jane
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:06 PM
Are you running under the admin account? I can't think of any other reason why it would give you that message, but then again, I am running under the admin account on my computer and I've gotten a few access denied messages from other programs.
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TJane898
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has encountered a problem when unzipping a hack file on Window's Vista operating system? I downlaod a few game mods and when unzippining the file unto the mods/packages folder, I get an access denied message.
We just got this computer and I don't like Window's Vista. It sucks. Windows XP is much better and stable.
If anyone could help me, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jane

Well, it will give you that message if you're not on the Administrator account, but you could also try using Clean Installer.
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Sisaly : 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:51 AM.
This goes here...
http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=563

Wow, I've seen this SOOO much that if I ever deal with Vista, not that I actually will, I would know that. You think people might use their SEARCH bar....

Then again I AM the owner.....not all people are. They are kids using mum and da's computer.

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by 888mph
Well, it will give you that message if you're not on the Administrator account, but you could also try using Clean Installer.

No...what she needs is this....She's got TS3.

Install Helper Monkey

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.