Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3726 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I've recently been having this issue with a YA sim. She needs a body skill point for her major, but even though Music & Dance is her OTH, she refuses to dance for more than a few seconds before stopping. I do have a mod in that makes dancing raise body skill. It's not that she's too tired/sweaty/hungry or anything like that. She's just, as you said, apparently having too much fun.

This is when I use the Sim Blender to set her Fun motive to the halfway mark.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3727 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Nanny actions tend to be initiated by the nanny controller, so start from the function main in the controller and work your way forward until it gets to the point where it decides to pull bottles. I would guess it's in the scan hunger bhav. Don't remember the group, but if you look at BOs BNS no cook mods they'll have the group so you can filter objects package.

I've never been able to find a nanny controller. I've found a burglar controller and a butler controller, but no nanny controller. But I'll take a look at BO's stuff, thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3728 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:23 PM
when you like a download and link is dead but you can't find it on wayback machine

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#3729 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 5:31 PM
My pet peeve: when a Sim gets a new job, the current day is a working day, and my Sim is accused of skipping work... On the same day they got hired. Like, give them a break!
Mad Poster
#3730 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:57 AM
Sims are just a little too obsessed with the toasting set at times.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3731 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:41 AM
Neighbourhood effects take forever to activate which is a real pain when you're trying to figure out if it's in the right position or not
Forum Resident
#3732 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:41 AM
WHY CAN'T YOU JUST FIRE THE NANNY ALREADY?!
For some reason you need to give the command a billion times before it works and it annoys the hell out of me.

I build small houses *^*
Inventor
#3733 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:13 PM
Ugh, darn split NPC character files make me so paranoid when I see red potatoes in SimPE. They even lose their faces when you gussy them up sometimes.
Mad Poster
#3734 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Neighbourhood effects take forever to activate which is a real pain when you're trying to figure out if it's in the right position or not

There is a fix; get the hack that puts a red triangle in one corner of the effects box. I found it in referred to in a mod that creates horizons (an effect in hood view). THOSE additions require that the horizon box be placed in a corner of the hood, with the triangle pointed toward the corner. But it causes the triangle to show on ALL the "box" things.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#3735 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:05 AM
Lots that flood when you try to replace them with an identical one that you built on that exact area in another copy of the same neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#3736 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:40 AM Last edited by smorbie1 : 1st Mar 2018 at 5:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
WHY CAN'T YOU JUST FIRE THE NANNY ALREADY?!
For some reason you need to give the command a billion times before it works and it annoys the hell out of me.

If you want to fire them forever, you can call the service and do it. They tend to try to run away if they're on the lot.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3737 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
If you want to fire them forever, you can call the service and do it. They tend to try to run away if their on the lot.

I've seen them do that after doing something that REALLY would get them fired, like poking the homeowner! That's why I like to arm my Sims; now "Die, idiot!" has real meaning

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#3738 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:17 PM
I don't like the way every single Sim develops an interest in cuisine, music & dance, and film & literature because everyday activities like cooking, watching tv, and the stereo all increase enthusiasm in those hobbies. Then you get five notifications all at once about them losing enthusiasm because someone else cooked that day.
Mad Poster
#3739 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
It can get a bit ridiculous sometimes, I had a Sim gain enough enthusiasm in Cuisine to roll a want to win a cooking contest....from drinking coffee.

Mad Poster
#3740 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:46 PM
That caffeine really kicked in, didn't it? I've had them gaining cooking points by falling asleep in their food.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#3741 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I've seen them do that after doing something that REALLY would get them fired, like poking the homeowner! That's why I like to arm my Sims; now "Die, idiot!" has real meaning

Mine use the baby as a 'human' shield. I try to fire them and they promptly grab the kid whose wailing they've happily ignored for the past three hours and stand there holding it and staring down the employer. "Hah! You can't fire [at] me now, lady. I've got your baby!"
Mad Poster
#3742 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:24 AM
When telling a Sim to pause preparing food to do something else, they sometimes throw a fix about there being no counter available...and then immediately set the food down on the empty counter in front of them. Make up your mind!

Mad Poster
#3743 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
When telling a Sim to pause preparing food to do something else, they sometimes throw a fix about there being no counter available...and then immediately set the food down on the empty counter in front of them. Make up your mind!

I might be wrong, surely I am but...I think this would be fixable. I think it is just coded silly. Usually, when you cancel an interaction, it just stops. But it seems like this particular interaction when canceled, calls a situation in which it would be impossible to prepare food...(no available counter) and this is why the interaction stops. Instead of just, canceling it.
The sim would then perform the animation we all see : complaining that there is no surface available. Then it finally get canceled and since there is a surface available, the sim will put the undone prepared food on the counter.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3744 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:48 AM
That makes sense. If someone manages to fix it it'd be great.

Another pet peeve: Immediately after ringing the doorbell, visitors run around to the side of the house. I don't know why.

Mad Poster
#3745 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 5:40 AM
Oh jeez, I'm a bloody idiot. I was trying to save the game but my hand went tremoury and I hit exit to neighbourhood. And instead of waiting for my hand to stop shaking, I tried to hit cancel...and instead clicked the option to exit without saving. I lost a full day's playing.

Mad Poster
#3746 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 6:35 AM
Oh gosh, that's terrible, ihate! I've lost quite a bit of playing due to silly things a few times, so I know how frustrating that feels.
Forum Resident
#3747 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:11 PM
"Ah, this vacation was worth every penny!" pop-ups from guests. What penny? You were invited, you didn't pay anything!
Scholar
#3748 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:51 PM
I’m not sure this counts, but I hate all of the hoops we have to jump through in order to get the game working, even with the Ultimate Collection, which is a release which is still supposed to be maintained by EA according to that update they had.
Mad Poster
#3749 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:06 PM
No, EA is clearly too busy making expansions for expansions.

Inventor
#3750 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:08 PM Last edited by Sketching : 7th Mar 2018 at 4:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
No, EA is clearly too busy making expansions for expansions.

Ugh, don't remind me. I'm mourning the death of the franchise's future.

Edit: I remembered a pet peeve - queue stompage during dancing. I wish sims would not lose the rest of their queued actions after they stop slow or classic dancing. The dance must have been so hot that they forget what they wanted to do next.
Page 150 of 272